kmoore1521

Cody Zeller 2019-2020 Outlook

Looks like he has officially flamed out. Wish I would've known that this morning when I needed a guy to drop for Jabari

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dominator83 said:

Looks like he has officially flamed out. Wish I would've known that this morning when I needed a guy to drop for Jabari

Chill. I'd much rather Big Handsome over Jabari ROS.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

what happened to this guy?

No production, no minutes

He was playing so bad today that his coach had no choice but to take him out and play Biyombo. He surprisingly has been doing well too in place of him, so not good news for us Zeller owners. 

Biyombo isn't going to eat Zeller's minutes very often. I see no reason why he can't replicate or better his fringe top 100 value from last season if he stays healthy. That's a great piece to have at the end of your bench.

• Like 1

good thing i traded out my lauri and zeller. i don't think this dude is gonna be consistent all through out the season. it's gonna be graham's franchise once he gets the key lol

He just got dropped in my league.  He's a tempting add since I own John Collins.

28 minutes ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

whats happening with this guy?

his minutes are diminishing. are his double double days over? must drop?

has the B2B on Sat/Sun so I'd make that judgement after then.

• Like 1

With this kind of minutes (20-17-19 last 3) he cant produce enough. I was hoping that he would be in the 26-28 range where he has proved that he is useful.

Last 3 Games........GS......Indy (sabonis and turner out)...............BOS......

name their big men.........ill wait lol

deep breaths, firm hold and all that good stuff, just bad matchups vs small teams where he wasnt needed

• Like 1

A little disappointing recently given that I thought he could be top 75 and was 84 in per game last season.  But look on the bright side, he’s healthy, and still top 100.  You probably got him for a 10th+ round pick when most picks beyond that range are dropped anyway.  Or maybe a couple bucks at auction.  Maybe even off the wire.  

Dropped in my 8-man league to stream for this matchup. Closely watching Satuday's game to see how the rotations go.

Not sure why Borrego isn't playing him more -- only bad play I saw last game was that missed layup under the hoop.

13 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Last 3 Games........GS......Indy (sabonis and turner out)...............BOS......

name their big men.........ill wait lol

deep breaths, firm hold and all that good stuff, just bad matchups vs small teams where he wasnt needed

Yeah all 3 games were a bit weird, 1 blowout, 1 He was in foul trouble and last night was a combination poor play and blowout. I’m a bit concerned Borrego is willing to go away from him so quickly but wiling to hold and see if the low minutes is a long term trend. If he can stay in the 25-30 range he can still average a double double in good percentages and be a viable back of the roster type guy.

Edited by Purple Hippo

PJ Washington blocked a career-high five shots against the Celtics on Thursday, making 1-of-8 from the field for four points with eight rebounds, two assists and one turnover in 27 minutes.

Advice: Coach James Borrego has been leaning on him as a five at times, and he may be more inclined to use him there more often as his defense gets better. Washington is already one of the safest players in what has been a wide-ranging rotation for personnel usage, and his ability to add stats in so many areas has made him flirt with top-50 value in standard leagues to this point.

6 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

PJ Washington blocked a career-high five shots against the Celtics on Thursday, making 1-of-8 from the field for four points with eight rebounds, two assists and one turnover in 27 minutes.

Advice: Coach James Borrego has been leaning on him as a five at times, and he may be more inclined to use him there more often as his defense gets better. Washington is already one of the safest players in what has been a wide-ranging rotation for personnel usage, and his ability to add stats in so many areas has made him flirt with top-50 value in standard leagues to this point.

Last 3 games teams had zero bigs so it makes sense that he would play some 5 vs small ball lineups

nothing to worry about 100%, Washington cant cover true C's

Edited by kmoore1521

7 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

In small ball line ups I can definitely see this happening, but Zeller is still a strong hold in 12+ as far as I'm concerned. Washington isn't a five against most teams, and with 28-30 mpg Zeller will most likely average around a DD with low TO and solid %s. That's a boring but great player to have; his name value is low and he's an injury risk therefore you won't be able to get much for in a trade. But it's hard to find players like him off the wire in 12+

• Like 1

Would hold but with an incredibly low threshold to drop. All he really gives you is rebounds (points are too easy to get and his aren't even high, %s mean nothing with low volume like his), but he was boarding over his head to begin the season anyway

On 11/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Purple Hippo said:

God I really hate Borrego

He's nothing compared to Fizdale, Walton, Brooks and a few others.

Edited by Gorgeous George

Cody is alive again, doing this against the Sixers too