sjm76

Russell Gage 2019 Outlook

Gage has been tabbed as the Falcons' replacement for Mohamed Sanu.  He could be worth an add in deep leagues for those looking for a wr.  Gage will be #4 behind Julio, Ridley and Austin Hooper in the catch pecking order not counting Devonta Freeman catching passes out of the backfield, too, but he could be a wr3 some weeks as a bye week replacement.

7 catches last game, and this week’s game @NO has a high game total. Anyone taking a flier?

4 minutes ago, Deke said:

7 catches last game, and this week’s game @NO has a high game total. Anyone taking a flier?

No. His 7 catches is an aberration. If I must east crow come Sunday evening, so be it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

No. His 7 catches is an aberration. If I must east crow come Sunday evening, so be it.

I agree you can’t expect 7 catches, but he took Sanu’s role, so it’s not a fluke that he’s more involved. 

1 minute ago, Deke said:

I agree you can’t expect 7 catches, but he took Sanu’s role, so it’s not a fluke that he’s more involved. 

He gets more work, but I wouldn't say he slid into Sanu's role. Sanu was playing just about every snap from the slot. They've moved Julio there. Julio the past two games has been working a ton in the slot. Hardy and Gage split the work in 3-WR sets.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:18 PM, FitzMagic said:

He gets more work, but I wouldn't say he slid into Sanu's role. Sanu was playing just about every snap from the slot. They've moved Julio there. Julio the past two games has been working a ton in the slot. Hardy and Gage split the work in 3-WR sets.

Thanks.  Took a peek in here and 

giphy.gif

Should be more chatter here. With A. Hooper out, there's targets to be had. 

Gage also has been getting love in the redzone.

Not sure what kind of pass catcher B. Hill is, but with D. Freeman out, maybe even more targets slide his way.

I actually started him, assuming that game against NO would go the exact opposite of the way it did. 5 targets is not too bad. Could have doubled if the Saints actually showed up and caused a shootout.

anyone firing him up this week in what should be a shoot out with tb?  need me some upside....

1 hour ago, herschel said:

anyone firing him up this week in what should be a shoot out with tb?  need me some 

I dont think can count on this being a shoot out

• Like 1

anyone firing him up this week in what should be a shoot out with tb?  need me some upside....

[...]

The matchup is there, but it wouldn't be surprising to see Ryan pepper the hell out of Julio and Ridley. TB's secondary is so damn horrible that Ryan may not need to go to his third read.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

I’ve been starting out of necessity (deep league and injuries). He gets a decent amount of looks and had a TD called back last week. Rolling him out again this week 

Thanks to SJM for the heads up. I have not been paying attention to this guy, but in deep leagues he's worth a look this week. I do think this game will be a shoot-out as TB will shut down the run but give up passes. Same for the "revitalized" ATL D (WTF NO Saints, 26-9?). Unlike the Saints, TB will not waste much time trying to run the ball. It's gonna be a pass fest.

Anyone starting him this week.  With byes and injuries I need to take a shot at a ww wr and like his qb/ matchup better than most of the other options out there.

Love me some ultra-deep leagues with 16+ teams. Especially if they are very competitive. That's where you can win your season picking up a player like Gage, who slowly emerges through the year and basically steps right into Sanu's shoes down the stretch. Out of nowhere, giving you a solid PPR flex for deep leagues. That said, your bye week hell must be real if you start him in any 12 team league.

Just now, frog34 said:

Love me some ultra-deep leagues with 16+ teams. Especially if they are very competitive. That's where you can win your season picking up a player like Gage, who slowly emerges through the year and basically steps right into Sanu's shoes down the stretch. Out of nowhere, giving you a solid PPR flex for deep leagues. That said, your bye week hell must be real if you start him in any 12 team league.

It is.  My wr2, 3 and 4 are all on byes and wr5 is out with an injury.  There are about 4-5 wire guys I’m looking at and feel he has a decent floor as well as an ok shot at a TD.  It’s ugly out here on these streets....

It is.  My wr2, 3 and 4 are all on byes and wr5 is out with an injury.  There are about 4-5 wire guys I’m looking at and feel he has a decent floor as well as an ok shot at a TD.  It’s ugly out here on these streets....

I'm rolling him out as well in my 2nd flex spot. Over the likes of Lazard, R. Anderson, T. Patrick. That's what I'm dealing with.

It can't get any better than this week. TB is the worst in the league in terms of points against WRs and more specifically in the slot where Gage should see most of his snaps. My only fear is that Ryan wont have to go beyond his first two reads -- J. Jones, C. Ridley -- because TB is so damn bad. This is usually a game where Julio goes off for 10-120. Just  have to hope that Winston keeps slinging it and keeps it close.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, hard1 said:

I dont think can count on this being a shoot out

Yeah really, any time someone says it is gonna be a shoot out it isn't.

• Like 1

What kind of production do we think this guy could have if Julio is out this week? With no Hooper and Lattimore most likely shadowing Ridley, would Gage be a good plug and fill for Julio owners? I could see him putting up low end WR2 type numbers in a good game script where they will likely be trailing all game.

Projections is Julio is out

8 for 90 with 40% chance of td.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

4 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Julio our Gage gotta be good for 6-7 grabs right?

..with Hooper out too. I’d have to start him over guys like Deebo or Woods.

Edited by E-A-G-L-E-S
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Julio our Gage gotta be good for 6-7 grabs right?

Yeah, should at least be good for the usual Julio production.... 12-15 ppr

• Thanks 1