sjm76

Russell Gage 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

What about Christian Blake? Looks to be the 3rd guy with Julio out. He got 9 targets last week

4 on last drive of the game in true garbage time.

2 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

Hoping for a better second half

Prayers answered.

He just had a higher scoring fantasy game than Julio had in weeks 10, 11, and 12.

• Like 2

Matt Ryan sucks. Gage still came through. Could've had a bigger day, but I can live with a better day than Thomas, Cooper, or Ridley had this Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

15.6 and 16.2 in his last two games (full ppr) with Hooper out. Seems like he is pretty reliable if he is the second option for Matt Ryan.

Great job...makes up for having to check and change my lineup during Thanksgiving dinner because Julio wasn’t trustworthy.

For what it's worth Gage was only in on 3+ WR sets and was outsnapped by a decent margin by Christian Blake, despite Rotoworld's blurb falsely claiming Gage was a near every-down player last night. Anytime blocking was a requirement of the play Gage was on the sideline, sometimes being replaced by Justin Hardy in 3 WR sets.. however the upside is that Gage looks to be an option in the redzone as he was given at least 2 looks in that area.

Probably irrelevant information but if Julio were to miss next week against the low-tier Panther's pass defense there may be some people out there looking for a sneaky upside flex player, I would give fair warning that Blake and Gage are probably a coin-flip based on last night's game.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

For what it's worth Gage was only in on 3+ WR sets and was outsnapped by a decent margin by Christian Blake, despite Rotoworld's blurb falsely claiming Gage was a near every-down player last night. Anytime blocking was a requirement of the play Gage was on the sideline, sometimes being replaced by Justin Hardy in 3 WR sets.. however the upside is that Gage looks to be an option in the redzone as he was given at least 2 looks in that area.

Probably irrelevant information but if Julio were to miss next week against the low-tier Panther's pass defense there may be some people out there looking for a sneaky upside flex player, I would give fair warning that Blake and Gage are probably a coin-flip based on last night's game.

This is correct, thanks for pointing this out. 

Snap count percentages on offense last night:

Ridley - 94%

Blake - 89%

Gage - 68%

Hardy - 28%

• Like 3

He was definitely not an every down player and I thought he would of been utilized more. I’m happy with the overall stat line but I think we all got pretty lucky. No way I would gamble rolling him out there again though after watching that game.

• Like 4

Gage has been more productive regardless of snap pct, also he gets the same targets as Blake on those less snaps. 
He might very well play WR4 for me next week.

32 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Gage has been more productive regardless of snap pct, also he gets the same targets as Blake on those less snaps. 
He might very well play WR4 for me next week.

And that's a fair opinion to have regarding target share vs snap percentage but I would also warn of game script dependancy being a possible factor for Gage. Going into the final 10 minutes of the game Gage was sitting on 3 catches for 30ish yards and had only been coming in sporadically, his TD came in what more or less amounted to garbage time when the Falcons were in throw only mode and he was getting a bump in snaps. Now prior to that Gage had at least one target in the red zone early on as it appears Atlanta likes to spread out the offense inside the 15, so again there is TD upside to be found.

Granted we only have one set of data to effectively work from consider Juilo has only missed one game so Gage's usage elsewhere may not indicate a true representation of Atlanta's game plan. I'm also not attempting to persuade people away from the possibility of playing Gage (all of this of course assuming Julio doesn't play next week), I'm more just saying there is a possibility of fool's gold here for those that either didn't watch the game, are relying on Roto's false info, or are seeing the double digit points from the previous two weeks and are assuming he is a safe play.

Kind of annoying that Blake came out of nowhere to get that much work. 

Congrats to all who picked up Julio Jones production for free! Julio Jones production is not league winning though, sorry

I'll take 5 catches for 50 yards and a td in PPR.  Solid wr2 production.

Definitely won't happen every week but if Julio misses more time, I think he's a solid PPR wr3 who can provide some wr2 weeks like this one down the stretch.

Edited by sjm76