MysticPeak

Rudy Gobert 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Unless you are in a keeper league he should be dropped in all redraft leagues because this nba fantasy season is O-V-E-R.

Good. I agree. Drop him ASAP. 

Gobert is a basketball player. How the f--- could he played basketball without touching any teammates or opponents ?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Good. I agree. Drop him ASAP. 

Nah, best to wait what the NBA says cause I dont work for them. In my opinion which is at 99% its over. Why drop him though? To pick up a player who still wont play for who knows how long? Cmon my guy.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

turns out the mics weren’t the only things he touched. This guy really is an idiot. 

Deport this muthaf*cka back to France and safe face.

The guy obviously a goofball. His actions while feeling ill are certainly not defensible. However,  we dont know how he or Donovan got the virus. it is fair to be frustrated by the events of the past few days but it is naive to believe Gobert is the sole source of exposure in the NBA or even for his team. 

• Like 3

It's understandable for him to be clowned on but I feel compassion for him. What is it, like a < 1/1000 chance he had the disease while making those jokes? I see this more as crazy ironic bad luck and I don't hold it against him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

It's understandable for him to be clowned on but I feel compassion for him. What is it, like a < 1/1000 chance he had the disease while making those jokes? I see this more as crazy ironic bad luck and I don't hold it against him.

Just one of those situations that its funny until its not anymore and hes paying for being a clown. Had he been clean of the virus, people would still be joking with him and calling him a great guy for lightening the mood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Deport this muthaf*cka back to France and safe face.

So much anger.

I hate Rudy as much as the next guy here but this is a terrible spin by Woj. Surprised he could be this careless and irresponsible for an issue that is extremely sensitive to gobert and the public. Very disappointed in woj here.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

I hate Rudy as much as the next guy here but this is a terrible spin by Woj. Surprised he could be this careless and irresponsible for an issue that is extremely sensitive to gobert and the public. Very disappointed in woj here.

People freaking out I guess.  But Donovan probably got it just by speaking to Rudy since he's right next to his locker.  I think Rudy's statement was well written and he has the right attitude about this now.  Says a lot more about him than others who would rather deny wrongdoing or avoid talking about it. 

• Like 1

If it wasn't Rudy it would have been another player I'm sure 

Premier League Footballers are testing positive now. It's everywhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

People freaking out I guess.  But Donovan probably got it just by speaking to Rudy since he's right next to his locker.  I think Rudy's statement was well written and he has the right attitude about this now.  Says a lot more about him than others who would rather deny wrongdoing or avoid talking about it. 

Yeah just very unfortunately how all this unfolded for Gobert. And then you got Woj and his awful tweet which further damaged his image. Still not really a fan of Gobert but I kinda feel for the dude.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

“He was careless because he didn’t think he had the coronavirus” is just a terrible excuse. Gobert publicly made light of a serious situation, and we’d all have the coronavirus by now if we all looked to him as an example. I’m very disappointed that people are defending him with that silly argument, especially given that the incubation period without showing symptoms is known to be fairly long.

To his credit - I think the follow-up response was good, and hope that people will learn from his mistakes.

Edited by darkyume

17 minutes ago, darkyume said:

“He was careless because he didn’t think he had the coronavirus” is just a terrible excuse. Gobert publicly made light of a serious situation, and we’d all have the coronavirus by now if we all looked to him as an example. I’m very disappointed that people are defending him with that silly argument, especially given that the incubation period without showing symptoms is known to be fairly long.

To his credit - I think the follow-up response was good, and hope that people will learn from his mistakes.

huh? I’m not defending Rudy. What he did with the mics was stupid and careless. I’m simply talking about what Woj tweeted. He completely spun the story of what actually happened just to get a rise out of EVEN MORE people. That’s the last thing we need now in times like this. 

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

huh? I’m not defending Rudy. What he did with the mics was stupid and careless. I’m simply talking about what Woj tweeted. He completely spun the story of what actually happened just to get a rise out of EVEN MORE people. That’s the last thing we need now in times like this. 

My reply was more directed at the tweet you posted which essentially defended him, saying “Rudy was careless because he didn’t think he had the coronavirus”. It’s an ignorant excuse when considering that you can (and he likely did) unknowingly pass it to other people. I think the Woj tweet was good in that it portrays you can pass it to others unknowingly without symptoms, and I’m disappointed that some people are more concerned about Rudy’s public image. “Rudy was careless because he didn’t think he had the coronavirus” is just a poor response and defense. My opinion is that we should still villainize poor behavior that compromised public safety appropriately, without directing personal attacks to him.

Edited by darkyume
  • Like 1

It’s a good thing all the internet doctors have figured out EXACTLY what happened here. Lol 

So far it’s been determined that the average incubation period is five days and can exceed 2 weeks. 

Gobert just happens to be the first guy to get diagnosed. But it’s entirely possible that a third person gave it to both Mitchell and Gobert. Or even that Mitchell gave it to Gobert and Gobert just started to experience symptoms and/or get diagnosed earlier.

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter how Rudy got it, if he knew or not, or if he really gave it to Mitchell or vice versa.

Regardless, the fact is that joking around about it like that is careless, it endangers lives, and everyone should be taking this serious and being as careful and considerate of others as they possibly can be.

No repercussions. I wish I can apologize all the time and make my problems go away.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, DM45 said:

Rudy single handedly stopped two teams from scoring tonight. He deserves to be DPOY.

Nah his own body cant even stop Corona. No defense

On 3/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, Trench Mob said:

No repercussions. I wish I can apologize all the time and make my problems go away.

He’s donating $500,000 to relief efforts. What are they suppose to do?  Suspend him in games not happening?  Fine him money to go into leagues pockets.  I’d say footing bill for $500,000 is good enough to make up for him being a moron.  Donovan Mitchell and Wood have both said they feel no symptoms.  We’ll find in next few weeks how things shake out.  But for now I think his contributions towards league employees, and his home country are  good start at getting back in good graces.

• Like 1