MysticPeak

Dwight Powell 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm concerned about the lack of rebounds. It seems like Luka is gonna try to average a TD this season and he's going to continue to steal our boys boards. And with KP in the mix too I don't think he reaches the same level he did at the end of last season.

5 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I'm concerned about the lack of rebounds. It seems like Luka is gonna try to average a TD this season and he's going to continue to steal our boys boards. And with KP in the mix too I don't think he reaches the same level he did at the end of last season.

I don't think anyone was projecting Powell to match the end of last season's stats with KP and Doncic around. If he gets 30+ mins a game I think 12 and 7, great percentages, and approaching a 1/1/1 is a realistic expectation. He also gets the extra bonus of KP missing a minimum of 12-15 games for load management purposes. He's a great piece for my roto team as a backup for my bigs and someone I can plug into my lineup on nights that KP is out. 

17 minutes ago, Lionhead94 said:

Sooooooo..... a drop? 

Nope he came alive in the 4th to put together a nice efficient line. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Depends on your league but in 12 teamer 9 cat he is a must own. 

Beautiful line tonight. 

Agreed he came alive in the 4th. I hope for more productive stats like these!! 

1 hour ago, jrmintz said:

Depends on your league but in 12 teamer 9 cat he is a must own. 

Beautiful line tonight. 

The question is. Are we waiting on the nights KP is out for lines like this? Because KP isn't going to be out every night.

8 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

The question is. Are we waiting on the nights KP is out for lines like this? Because KP isn't going to be out every night.

He performed a similar line against Orlando with KP playing. And his stats are slowly trending upwards. Consider his strong finish last season and you gotta be more patient and see if there is more to his ceiling this season. Maybe he will gel better with KP and Doncic. Minutes are around the 29 min mark. It's not a bad hold if you got the space.

Thing is, his bad nights will be really bad. He doesnt dime or get barely any stocks and grabs low boards due to Doncic trying to do it all like a white Westbrook. He's fine to have but plenty will get fed up with his lackluster stats

• Like 1

His play is iffy to me. He doesn’t seem to be involved on offense. He just sets screens or does dribble handoffs. His only way of scoring seems to be catching a lob or bounce pass after rolling to the basket off a screen. On defense he’s ok and can get a steal or block a game but my main concern is his rebounding. He does not go for rebounds but instead boxes out heavily (my guess is so Luka can get those triple doubles). Case and point: 7 min left in the game vs Boston and all 5 of his boards were from offensive rebounds. How does a center grab 0 defensive rebounds in 26 min? Sad. He’s a pretty solid real life player I just don’t think his usage is good enough to be a consistent fantasy player. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gforce3062 said:

His play is iffy to me. He doesn’t seem to be involved on offense. He just sets screens or does dribble handoffs. His only way of scoring seems to be catching a lob or bounce pass after rolling to the basket off a screen. On defense he’s ok and can get a steal or block a game but my main concern is his rebounding. He does not go for rebounds but instead boxes out heavily (my guess is so Luka can get those triple doubles). Case and point: 7 min left in the game vs Boston and all 5 of his boards were from offensive rebounds. How does a center grab 0 defensive rebounds in 26 min? Sad. He’s a pretty solid real life player I just don’t think his usage is good enough to be a consistent fantasy player. 

Unfortunately you are spot on when it comes to the rebounds. It's literally just the Luka show, trying to get a triple double every game. Luka is cancer to the fantasy value of everyone on this team, still holding Dwight but not very optimistic at all. 

• Like 1

So far this year I’ve noticed it’s just better to watch DP’s box score in the end and to not watch the game. Watching the game is frustrating cause it feels like he doesn’t do anything out there. I feel like I see Kleber out there more than DP, but when you see the box score you see he’s getting minutes and has actually contributed something. 
It’s weird but I like his end results just not how he got them.

• Haha 1

USG down from last season's 17.2 to 13.4. All Carlisle ever wants him to do is set screens or rebound the ball if KP or Luka isn't around. What a ****show. When KP or Luka goes out and this guy strings a couple of decent-great games, I think it'd be wise to package him to someone else. Him and Joe Harris are so hard to drop. ffs

Kristaps complained that he isn't getting the ball enough and Carlisle agreed, how much more when he does? Ha

Edited by MysticPeak

I think this guy is a borderline drop. I know he’s only been back a few games but the rebounding stats are trash. 

1 minute ago, Walter330i said:

I think this guy is a borderline drop. I know he’s only been back a few games but the rebounding stats are trash. 

He’s not going to wow you w/ double- doubles but 5-8 rebs seems right about where he will chip in. He should have some occasional dbl/dbl games but this line is his floor. Like I said it’s never pretty how he gets there but somehow he finds a way. 

• Like 1

Boring af...but somebody’s gotta boost my boards and efficiency🤷🏻‍♂️

One of those guys where game to game...you don’t notice much impact, but if you review stats for the week, u be like “damn...he really helped in me in fg/boards/to this wk”

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

He's pretty solid for roto, I can understand the frustration for h2h. 

I mean I guess I can understand the people in roto leagues bc of his fg% but the dude is actually not that good of a real life player. Especially with the way Luka is EATING this year it’ll be hard for him to get those double doubles. I’m in a h2h points league so I guess for me he’s a bit more frustrating to own. Although he turned it up last year towards the end I just don’t see him getting back to that level. I mean I have a guy like Dwight Howard on the chop block, and it’s sad I’m considering cutting Powell over him. I’m good in the rankings so I might let it play out.... Justise Winslow on IR too so I have options lol