jay2491

Derrick Rose 2019-2020 Outlook

How does he not have a thread with the start he's having? Hopefully we can get 55-60 games out of him because he's thriving in this new role.

Picked him with one of my last picks of the draft. Absolutely been amazing so far (especially tonight). Hopefully his health is good this season!

• Like 1

He would wear down last year with too much usage. Plus he takes a lot of punishment going to the basket. So I wonder if he can hold up this year better.  If he can stay healthy, he could be a league winner the way he is playing. I got him in the 11 Round.

Any idea how bad the injury is and will he be able to maintain his form once he comes back?

8 hours ago, Abhi said:

Any idea how bad the injury is and will he be able to maintain his form once he comes back?

U mean shoot over 50% and 90% from the line? No he's also gonna be a headache to own. FWIW in a recent interview, he said he feels ready to go just trusting the Pistons training staff that is holding him out, possibly same time as Blake's return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Abhi said:

I saw him a lot with the Wolves last year. He still is an amazing player in spurts. Watch his 50 point game from last year. But his body is not up to major minutes. 

He can still put up good stats in 20-25 minutes.

Edited by rabaak
  • Thanks 1

If anybody needs load management, it is Derrick.

He was 1/11 last night. 6 assists were nice in 20 min though. 

I bet with a days rest, he goes off against Cha in his next game.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, rabaak said:

If anybody needs load management, it is Derrick.

He was 1/11 last night. 6 assists were nice in 20 min though. 

I bet with a days rest, he goes off against Cha in his next game.

if anybody needs load management two months into the season, it's time to retire

I just traded for him for a win-now dynasty build: his circumstance lends itself well to fantasy relevance ROS. Sure, DET is at the precipice of tanking, but a Rose is exactly the type of vet whom good teams might not trade for and who would lend a veneer of respectability and competitiveness to a tanking team. He'll steal games for DET from now 'til May, but he won't cost draft slots.

• Like 1

I bet he hits the injured list soon. As soon as he started playing major minutes for the Wolves, he would break down. He has been so valuable to my team this year, I can only hope his body holds up to this.

Derrick Rose will start Wednesday's game ahead of Svi Mykhailiuk.

Rose played 37 minutes during Monday's overtime defeat, and coach Dwane Casey doesn't have many alternatives to drum up offensive production. Whether Rose can stay healthy with minutes in the 35+ range is another question entirely, but owners should just enjoy the strong mid-round production while it lasts.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:33 AM, rabaak said:

I bet he hits the injured list soon. As soon as he started playing major minutes for the Wolves, he would break down. He has been so valuable to my team this year, I can only hope his body holds up to this.

Derrick Rose will start Wednesday's game ahead of Svi Mykhailiuk.

Rose played 37 minutes during Monday's overtime defeat, and coach Dwane Casey doesn't have many alternatives to drum up offensive production. Whether Rose can stay healthy with minutes in the 35+ range is another question entirely, but owners should just enjoy the strong mid-round production while it lasts.

That 20-25 mpg was just fine for him. I don't understand why they are going to risk injuring him. Have they learned nothing from past years. Detroit isn't going anywhere anyway. 

On 1/8/2020 at 5:50 AM, Johnny Tuttle said:

I just traded for him for a win-now dynasty build: his circumstance lends itself well to fantasy relevance ROS. Sure, DET is at the precipice of tanking, but a Rose is exactly the type of vet whom good teams might not trade for and who would lend a veneer of respectability and competitiveness to a tanking team. He'll steal games for DET from now 'til May, but he won't cost draft slots.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:33 PM, RunCMC said:

What’s his outlook when RJax comes back ? Any ideas 

It's hard to find players like Rose who are positive in points, FT, and assists, while also being a positive in FG.  And he gets those popcorn stock / 3's games too.  

I think RJax is coming back soon, that being said Rose has been so good I'm not sure he'd lose much.  Reggie will also be a free agent and I highly doubt Pistons resign him as a part of their long term plans...so maybe he barely plays, especially coming off of injury?  Their plan has to be Brown/Kennard/Rose, draft a PG moving forward.  

• Like 1