jay2491

Derrick Rose 2019-2020 Outlook

Derrick Rose (sore left groin) will not return to Sunday's game against the Nuggets.

Rose played just 13 first-half minutes and scored two points before being ruled out at halftime. Reggie Jackson started the second half in his place and will see a big boost in usage with Rose out. Bruce Brown will see a few extra minutes, too.

Well, probably won't see him until after the ASB.

Bad timing with trade deadline.  

maaaannn it was a sweet ride, but it looks like the wheels are starting to fall off for him again. I did get Reggie but I wonder if he'll be as efficient.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:22 AM, bolletrie said:

maaaannn it was a sweet ride, but it looks like the wheels are starting to fall off for him again. I did get Reggie but I wonder if he'll be as efficient.

giphy.gif

Applaud for the dramatic turnaround and showing that he is still a great player. 

Prime example of a player who needs a delicate load management.

Of all the weeks for him to fall apart it's the one where both my IR slots are taken and I have Bryant floating in my main side

Where is the love for D-Rose? What do we think ros, I assume he will be shut down eventually but I think Pistons will want to see how he plays with Luke and Wood

15 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Where is the love for D-Rose? What do we think ros, I assume he will be shut down eventually but I think Pistons will want to see how he plays with Luke and Wood

He’s a fine PG to roster. I personally wouldn’t roster him by choice. A tad inconsistent and injury prone. He’s not in Detroit’s long term plans (doubt he’s even in Detroit next year) so I highly doubt them seeing how he does with Kennard and Wood is a priority. 

7 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

He’s a fine PG to roster. I personally wouldn’t roster him by choice. A tad inconsistent and injury prone. He’s not in Detroit’s long term plans (doubt he’s even in Detroit next year) so I highly doubt them seeing how he does with Kennard and Wood is a priority. 

Injury prone yes but this has been his most consistent season lol. Man went on a serious run of 20 plus points a game and assists are there. Also shooting very well 

25 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Injury prone yes but this has been his most consistent season lol. Man went on a serious run of 20 plus points a game and assists are there. Also shooting very well 

Yikes. Glad I’ve been staying away over the years if this is his most consistent season. Sounds like he could be in for some regression in the second half if that truly is the case. Makes me feel even more content watching him on another owners roster. 

I've had him the last two years.  He helped me win my championship last year when I grabbed him off the waiver wire (even though he was injured a lot last year). This year I drafted him late.

When he minutes get pushed up past 30+, his body breaks down. All he needs is a coach who keeps his minutes around 20-25 a game. He is so efficient that is all he needs to put up good fantasy numbers.

Casey has R.Jackson, Bruce Brown, Galloway and Knight. So there is no need to push Rose like he was before Rose got hurt.

6 hours ago, rabaak said:

All he needs is a coach who keeps his minutes around 20-25 a game.

And the sad thing is at first it seemed like Casey understood this. But he eventually gave in to Derrick when he said he could play more and it backfired. 

He was abysmal tonight (these are the moments I wish I had that foresight to have benched him...hahaha). I hope after all star break with Kennard back and the rest of their back court completely healthy that he limits Rose to 25 minutes a game max the rest of the season. Like you said no need to push him like he was.

• Like 1

I dropped him before the break, still in my 10 team free agent pool. Is it worth grabbing him now that RJ is gone? My fear is the shut down risk

3 hours ago, rocky7st said:

I dropped him before the break, still in my 10 team free agent pool. Is it worth grabbing him now that RJ is gone? My fear is the shut down risk

He should not be on the waivers in 10er’s .Try to pick him back up ,  if and when he does get shutdown, then you drop .  But not now . My 0.02 cents 

• Like 1

Can't overstate how much I've loved watching Rose go crazy this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrJuiceBar said:

Can't overstate how much I've loved watching Rose go crazy this year.

Rose is a true hooper. He's been quietly doing this for the last few years. As long as his minutes are held in check he can consistently produce. He's very fragile so the caution in the blurbs is understandable. He's a very valuable bench guy now.

My main gripe is he doesn’t shoot enough threes for a guard. If he can average 1.5 to 1.8 per game, he’s golden.

2 hours ago, bolletrie said:

Rose is a true hooper. He's been quietly doing this for the last few years. As long as his minutes are held in check he can consistently produce. He's very fragile so the caution in the blurbs is understandable. He's a very valuable bench guy now.

He helped me win my league last year when he played. The night he scored 50 last year, he looked like DLO. 

Hope they don't start running him out there to 30+ min. 

After watching him closely the last two years, his body just can't take that wear and tear.

He is so efficient that I actually hope Brown and Kennard return so Rose goes back to 25 min a game.

I don't need to lose him completely because Casey is trying to save his job.

Edited by rabaak

Great. Just as my playoffs are coming up. I may have to cut him for Brown who also is hurt at this point.