royalm

Jalen Brunson 2019-2020 Outlook

Solid high IQ PG who showed fantasy relevance towards the end of last season. Mavs camp are raving about his offseason improvement and overtook Delon Wright in just the second game of the year as the starting guard (although Wright went on to post a great game). Might be worth a look in 12team+

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, royalm said:

Solid high IQ PG who showed fantasy relevance towards the end of last season. Mavs camp are raving about his offseason improvement and overtook Delon Wright in just the second game of the year as the starting guard (although Wright went on to post a great game). Might be worth a look in 12team+

He's picking up steam on Yahoo trends too, and has a good Tues/Weds schedule for those who have a full lineup on Monday. I placed a low bid on him.

He was my league winner last year! 

But I don't know if he or Curry is the better option now that Luka is out

Love it!  I'm happy with short term players like this with my injuries going on.

Grrr...I wonder if Carlisle will play with the idea of starting Brunson, even when Doncic comes back...

Brunson, Luca, Finney-Smith, Porzingis, Powell

And have Wright, Curry, THJ all come off the bench.

This offense feels so much better with an high-iq player like Brunson out there.

3 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Grrr...I wonder if Carlisle will play with the idea of starting Brunson, even when Doncic comes back...

Brunson, Luca, Finney-Smith, Porzingis, Powell

And have Wright, Curry, THJ all come off the bench.

This offense feels so much better with an high-iq player like Brunson out there.

With Doncic dominating the touches, I think a guy like THJ actually fits better in the starting lineup. Brunson plays the Doncic role when he goes to the bench. 

• Like 1

this dude was a beast when luka was out earlier this season. dal has 3 more games this week. run dont walk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beeray said:

this dude was a beast when luka was out earlier this season. dal has 3 more games this week. run dont walk

They have 2 left. back to back vs Houston and Atlanta. Only issue is no one knows what Carlisle will do

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

They have 2 left. back to back vs Houston and Atlanta. Only issue is no one knows what Carlisle will do

Given how Brunson played with Luka out, it's a no brainer. 

But you're right. The Carlisle Effect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Given how Brunson played with Luka out, it's a no brainer. 

But you're right. The Carlisle Effect. 

Problem is Curry and Wright have been playing well and that old geezer Barea wont go away. I would bet the house he starts JJ instead

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

yup youre right i cant read a calendar lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Problem is Curry and Wright have been playing well and that old geezer Barea wont go away. I would bet the house he starts JJ instead

I think Brunson is the guy. Look how Kleber was used when KP was out. But when Powell went down, Carlisle wanted Kleber to be KPs backup only

I think Brunson is Luka backup exclusively.  

4 hours ago, fantasick said:

As Shaq would say... “Jalen Brunson alert! I repeat. Jalen Brunson alert!”

ahahah you are right my guy

While the guy might look like a chubby 40 year old, don’t doubt his game.

Doncic missed 4 games earlier in the year (probably a bit longer this time). Brunson's numbers in the span:

u7DKAzx.png

He's a must-add in all leagues.

• Thanks 2

Picked him up. Hopefully he gets the same amount of playing time as he did during Luka's previous injury. If so we're looking at some short term fantasy gold here boys