tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 9

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 9

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

57 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

Are we sure Renfrow isn't a one-week wonder?

Fant I'm still not interested in. The guy can't catch. He had another possible TD but he steps out the back of the endzone. In another game he let the ball hit him in the back in the end zone. Other times he just flat out drops it. He needs the nickname "can't do right."

As for Fells... dude is a BEAST

Renfrow - is going to keep improving, he is a sleeper.   Defenses are keying on Waller.   He might be like another Cole Beasley with more scoring upside and has more value in keeper leagues.

Fant - I get the Frustration, but the dude is an athlete, and is going to get more targets ROS,   Sanders the NO 1 Receiver is gone, that means Fant is going to see more action.

Fells -   Yeah, he is a beast.   I am kicking myself for letting him escape my waiver wire.

These are ALL waiver wire fodder, but I am still looking at upside and potential at this point.  In my Big $$ league we are down to scraps.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

That's been my hesitation with the Jets defense.  The schedule is great....But they're bad.

I don't like using defenses for bad teams.  And they could be selling guys at the trade deadline.

And just like that...

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1

- Carr should be a quality streamer next week, coming off a couple good fantasy games and has a good matchup at home next week

- Hardman might be a smart add, he played well last week and has been useful more often than not, and Minnesota is also a better matchup than you'd think (probably not in PPR formats)

- Conley should be a quality WR3. He's cleared 70 yards in 4 games this year, and Dede should miss next week

- Alex Erickson has 234 yards the past 2 weeks. If you're desperate, he can be streamed in deep leagues

- Auden Tate has gotten 6+ targets for 6 weeks in a row, and if he's unowned in your league, you can absolutely get him for free if you want him

- For Y! owners, Mostert is a very good add, and Zenner/Morris aren't terrible either if one emerges. All 3 have upside and can be dropped if they do nothing

- I wouldn't even bother with Tra Carson outside of deep leagues, he sucked last week, and his volume shouldn't be enough to add even if he does lead the backfield in touches again

- I assume Delanie misses next week, and Jonnu Smith would be a quality add

- Darren Fells has been pretty good for a TE. He's a fine low-end 1 if he's available, and has a better matchup than Smith next week before going on bye

Tons of mediocre defensive streamers this week. Denver gets a home date with Cleveland. Jets (@MIA, vs. NYG, @WAS), Browns (@DEN, vs. BUF), Broncos (Bye after), Cowboys (Cleveland after) are all on the road. If you want a quality fantasy defense with a decent matchup, go with the Eagles. Don't spend a dime of your FAAB

That's what I'd go with. I think Mostert is a quality guy to add to your bench, but otherwise another ho hum week on the waivers for standard leagues. A bunch of quality 14+ leaguers that are under 50% owned though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Justin Jackson is a kid to keep an eye on ... due back soon, and, pending possible trade of MGIII (possible, not definite, so relax everyone), he would split nicely with AE. 

Bolts week 10/11 matchups are juicy af (@Oakland, vs KC).

jus' sayin' 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Justin Jackson is a kid to keep an eye on ... due back soon, and, pending possible trade of MGIII (possible, not definite, so relax everyone), he would split nicely with AE. 

Bolts week 10/11 matchups are juicy af (@Oakland, vs KC).

jus' sayin' 🤷‍♂️

fresh chat this afternoon of MGIII perhaps shufflin' off to Buffalo, or dancin' in the Motown street ... JJ looms nicely if it goes down. 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fresh chat this afternoon of MGIII perhaps shufflin' off to Buffalo, or dancin' in the Motown street ... JJ looms nicely if it goes down. 

Why? He was pretty irrelevant the first few weeks without Melvin. What's different?

Edited by bgar15

Just now, bgar15 said:

Why? He was pretty irrelevant the first few weeks without Melvin. What's different?

he was making nice strides prior to his injury ... think the Bolts will ration carries more evenly between JJ and Ek going forward (if MGIII is moved) ... plus matchups @Oakland and vs KC weeks 10/11 ... or, just, ya know, ignore him and move the eff on 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Jets DST

19 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

This ×10 although everyone should've already stashed them.   The upcoming schedule is insane.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

brandon allen

He has had his moments in the preseason in the past with the Jaguars and Rams.  I would only consider him as a bye week filler in 2 qb leagues right now, though.

The worm has turned on them the last 48 hours with the trade and the injury, no doubt about it.  However, I mostly focus on matchup (particularly looking for turnovers which can lead to TDs) when I pick DSTs.  And here's what's coming, along with the team's rank in points given up to opposing defenses:

MIA #2 
NYG #4
WAS #5
OAK #25
CIN #7
MIA #2

Three road, three home.

This is basically a historically epic stretch of games for a defensive matchup.  And Washington is going to be even worse than they have been if Haskins is pulling the strings.  

• Like 1

The Dolphins don't care.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Epic bust of a free agent acquisition so far. Man- wasted season this defense has potential

• Like 1

People talking about Mosley and Williams like they've made a contribution this year. Mosley is great but has barely played, so his injury doesn't move the needle. Leonard Williams has been putrid this season. What on earth will the Jets do without his 8 solo tackles through 7 games? They will be better without him, maybe whoever replaces him in the lineup will produce a little bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone found value in holding the number one waiver position this week of the season EVERY YEAR in anticipation of a big trade or roster shake up pressed up against the trade deadline?

5 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

The worm has turned on them the last 48 hours with the trade and the injury, no doubt about it.  However, I mostly focus on matchup (particularly looking for turnovers which can lead to TDs) when I pick DSTs.  And here's what's coming, along with the team's rank in points given up to opposing defenses:

MIA #2 
NYG #4
WAS #5
OAK #25
CIN #7
MIA #2

Three road, three home.

This is basically a historically epic stretch of games for a defensive matchup.  And Washington is going to be even worse than they have been if Haskins is pulling the strings.  

Steelers ROS schedule is better, and they are a better team with more talent and takeaway potential.

Diontae Johnson looks like the real deal.

Agree on Diontae Johnson.

With the coverage going towards Juju, Diontae gets the second corner. Very good route Runner and talent. Needs more snaps but he has 3 great games with Rudolph or of 4 since he moved up the depth chart. In his last 4 games with Rudolph under center he has 6,6,8,7 targets too and 3td.

Edited by CanaBuc

Cleveland Defense for similar reasons to the Jets. Their schedule looks very good.