tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 9

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 9


This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2019 NFL season.


It is not for the following:



Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.


Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Just now, alexander1231 said:

With Marqise Lee being placed on IR and Westbrook injured..Chris Conley might be worth a bigger look now

 

great call, and their ros sched is quite applicable 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think I saw anyone mention...

Derrius Guice was designated for return and can be back on the field in Week 11. Redskins are terrible and that line is atrocious, but he flashed some talent before going down, and their schedule after the Bye is cake as far as run defense is concerned - NYJ, DET, CAR, GB, PHI, NYG. Philly is the only one I would be concerned about. Only 29% rostered on ESPN 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Don't think I saw anyone mention...

Derrius Guice was designated for return and can be back on the field in Week 11. Redskins are terrible and that line is atrocious, but he flashed some talent before going down, and their schedule after the Bye is cake as far as run defense is concerned - NYJ, DET, CAR, GB, PHI, NYG. Philly is the only one I would be concerned about. Only 29% rostered on ESPN 🤷‍♂️

 

If they're smart (they aren't), they'll just shut him down for the season.  No use risking a guy when they should be tanking.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Don't think I saw anyone mention...

Derrius Guice was designated for return and can be back on the field in Week 11. Redskins are terrible and that line is atrocious, but he flashed some talent before going down, and their schedule after the Bye is cake as far as run defense is concerned - NYJ, DET, CAR, GB, PHI, NYG. Philly is the only one I would be concerned about. Only 29% rostered on ESPN 🤷‍♂️

 

... and Trent Williams just ended his holdout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Folk NE kicker (not yet available on yahoo)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samuels has to be the top add. Conner's likely out Sunday and has clearly demonstrated he struggles to stay healthy. 

Samuels also showed last year he's a RB1 with Conner out. 

Good spot start this week but more importantly essentially insurance for Conner owners. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 10:56 AM, floppy said:

Amendola? back to back solid weeks

And Shepherd if avail, as a stash if nothing else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Samuels has to be the top add. Conner's likely out Sunday and has clearly demonstrated he struggles to stay healthy. 

Samuels also showed last year he's a RB1 with Conner out. 

Good spot start this week but more importantly essentially insurance for Conner owners. 

Insurance only IMO or worth a flyer in deeper leagues. I see no news on Conner either way yet (frustrating) and the Colts have a not amazing but solid D and can grind the clock. But on the other hand if the RB options are limited enough may be worth the gamble

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Samuels has to be the top add. Conner's likely out Sunday and has clearly demonstrated he struggles to stay healthy. 

Samuels also showed last year he's a RB1 with Conner out. 

Good spot start this week but more importantly essentially insurance for Conner owners. 

 

36 minutes ago, bomont said:

Insurance only IMO or worth a flyer in deeper leagues. I see no news on Conner either way yet (frustrating) and the Colts have a not amazing but solid D and can grind the clock. But on the other hand if the RB options are limited enough may be worth the gamble

 

Samuels is a must-add and if you can get him away from the Conner owner you can put a real damper on that team's season, if it isn't over already.  

An AC injury is no joke.  Plus the Steelers should be one loss away from shutting it down for the season; being two back of BAL with a home loss to them is killer.  So there's not likely to be any reason to rush him back, although their front office has been remarkably delusional about their prospects this season.  

Just to recap, here's who Pittsburgh has beaten:

Terrible, 0-fer Cincinnati
Historically terrible, 0-fer Miami, and they looked like they were in trouble much of the way
The bad Chargers, in what was a de facto home game

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eh, I think if Conners' injury isn't serious, he'll play, and we just don't know. As you say, the team isn't giving up on the season. It's just an unknown......again if you're looking for a 1-2 week flyer, yeah, could be worth a shot, but even then I wouldn't expect too much, that offense isn't exactly lighting it up. They struggled against Miami for petes sake. As for hurting the Conners owner, I'm most interested in what gets me points, not messing up someone else. If I had a good team it would be a diff story :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bomont said:

eh, I think if Conners' injury isn't serious, he'll play, and we just don't know.

And the problem is that we likely won't know before waivers process so I'm looking at it as if Connor is out long term because I have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49ers and Steelers is an insanely good defensive combo for rest of season. One could argue just starting the 9ers every single week but Pit's playoff schedule is juicy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

49ers and Steelers is an insanely good defensive combo for rest of season. One could argue just starting the 9ers every single week but Pit's playoff schedule is juicy.

And neither have been available on the wire for weeks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

And neither have been available on the wire for weeks 

 

Steelers just got mass dropped by a bunch of teams according to yahoo. Not a lot of people are going to roster them against Indy during a bad BYE week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

?  Indy has a middling offense. You could do worse for a matchup - odd that they were dropped so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

Steelers just got mass dropped by a bunch of teams according to yahoo. Not a lot of people are going to roster them against Indy during a bad BYE week.

They're over 80% owned.  I doubt anyone on this forum was stupid enough to drop, unless it was for a bye week filler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

They're over 80% owned.  I doubt anyone on this forum was stupid enough to drop, unless it was for a bye week filler

 

That 82% is before waivers have cleared though. It's going to drop by a bit tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bomont said:

?  Indy has a middling offense. You could do worse for a matchup - odd that they were dropped so much.


Indy is pretty underrated I think. At worst they're a lot better than Miami and they just put up more points than expected so it's probably scaring people off a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

That 82% is before waivers have cleared though. It's going to drop by a bit tomorrow.

"Drop a bit" doesn't exactly equal "mass dropped" and I seriously doubt Indy is scaring off anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

... and Trent Williams just ended his holdout.

He also said he’s not playing this season lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sSektor said:


Indy is pretty underrated I think. At worst they're a lot better than Miami and they just put up more points than expected so it's probably scaring people off a bit.

Concur.

IMHO it's also the smart play if you're dogmatic about streaming and only holding one defense.  Nelson and Mack can run on anyone and Brissett doesn't turn it over much or take sacks.  They're pretty efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chwf3rd said:

Guice is the top add for me where he's available.

maybe if he clears waivers. But no way in hell would I waste a waiver claim on him. He sucked the first game of the year, his team sucks, his owner sucks, the only one not sucking is the guy he'll be competing for touches with, AP.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, slothfantasy said:

maybe if he clears waivers. But no way in hell would I waste a waiver claim on him. He sucked the first game of the year, his team sucks, his owner sucks, the only one not sucking is the guy he'll be competing for touches with, AP.

 

If your really gonna judge him off the first game. Then you don't play fantasy football much. Glad I didn't judge Tevin Coleman, Aaron Jones, and Fournette off their first games. As much as I love AP. The team is gonna give Guice heavy touches as soon as he's fully healthy.(which it looks like he is) AP is not the answer. Do you even watch the games? Lol. Yes Guice is injury prone. But he's practically free right now. If you have a IR slot in your league or bench space. Why not? You have nothing to lose with him. FF is all about taking chances with waiver guys at times. House money. If he POPs when he comes back. Your gonna be in the Rant and Vent thread lol.

Edited by jclee4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.