Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBoatmen

Anderson for Bulger and Boldin

Hey Der,

I have been offered Bulger and Boldin for Derek Anderson. I am leaning towards no. My backup QB is Delhomme and my receivers are Housh, Marshall, Santana Moss, Javon Walker.

He has Fitz and Boldin on his roster. Wonder if he would give me Fitz instead.

Hey Der,

I have been offered Bulger and Boldin for Derek Anderson. I am leaning towards no. My backup QB is Delhomme and my receivers are Housh, Marshall, Santana Moss, Javon Walker.

He has Fitz and Boldin on his roster. Wonder if he would give me Fitz instead.

I'd counter with Fitz, if he says no, do the original. Between Delhomme and Bulger, you'll be fine. Delhomme becoming my #1.

I think Anderson could be good again - probably better then Bulger or Delhomme - but I do think one of these guys will turn it around from last year. And if you can get someone like Fitz, a top 5 WR - I'd do it in a heartbeat. If you are sticking with Boldin - I can see the arguement of sitting tight - because I put Boldin with Marshall and Housh, unless you start 3 WR's.

I think Anderson could be good again - probably better then Bulger or Delhomme - but I do think one of these guys will turn it around from last year. And if you can get someone like Fitz, a top 5 WR - I'd do it in a heartbeat. If you are sticking with Boldin - I can see the arguement of sitting tight - because I put Boldin with Marshall and Housh, unless you start 3 WR's.

I do start 3 WR's and I thought the same thing about Boldin. I don't see enough difference between Boldin and S. Moss or J. Walker to get rid of Anderson.

I countered with Anderson, J. Walker, and Reggie Bush for Bulger, Larry Johnson (on the trading block) and Ben Watson (I have no TE). Doubt he'll take it but if he does I'll then trade Larry Johnson for a nice WR. I already have Addai and Portis as my two starting RB's. If I did get Bulger I would hope that one of him and Delhomme would be healthy enough to play.

Keep Andersen. Jake/Bulger are tissue soft and one or both of the will not make it the whole year. Cleve will score 30 points a game. Andersen is a keeper Jake is a number 2 QB and Bulger is a borderline No. 1. Boldin/Fitz are about even. Look at the number the last 3 years. Fitz sounds sexier but the numbers are not much different. But you'll be losing big time at the QB. Good move

He countered with:

Larry Johnson

Marc Bulger

Ben Watson

Sidney Rice

for

Derek Anderson

Reggie Bush

Julius Jones

I'd probably dump Rice if I made the trade. I still have Selvin Young as well so my running backs would be:

Joseph Addai

Clinton Portis

Larry Johnson

Selvin Young

This is tempting, I can trade a running back for a better QB or WR. What do you think?

Just figuring this out some more:

Larry Johnson (2nd round pick)

Marc Bulger (7th round pick)

Ben Watson (12th round pick)

Sidney Rice (14th round pick)

for

Derek Anderson (5th round pick)

Reggie Bush (8th round pick)

Julius Jones (13th round pick)

If you think you can make an additional trade I'd really consider the trade. But if you don't make another trade you are hurting your starting lineup for depth. I'd start feeling out other owners to make sure you could move a RB for an upgrade.

I would do that deal. I'm not convinced that Anderson will be better than Bulger this year. Anderson faded a little bit down the stretch last year. I wouldn't be surprised if 2007 turns out to be a career year for him. On the other hand, I could see Bulger bouncing back from what was the worst season of his career in a year where so many key players for the Rams got hurt. He may not return to his top 5 form, but I think he could be a worthy fantasy starter and end up being just as good, if not better than Anderson.

LJ is also much better trade bait than Bush, if you want to use a running back to upgrade your WR corps, and Watson at least you gives you something at TE, where you say you have nothing.

I made the deal this morning. My deciding factors were that if Anderson struggles or Cleveland doesn't win then it will become the Brady Quin show (not likely but a possibility). That and I found out that passing touchdowns are only worth 4 points. There shouldn't be that much difference between Andersons and Bulgers total yards.

One of the teams has Jamal Lewis and Mcfadden as his starting running backs. I am going to see if he will give up Reggie Wayne for Larry Johnson.

Good job on your deal.

Moving Anderson was certainly selling high.

Quinn, imo, has better skills and like another posted stated - Anderson faded down the stretch.

I think Anderson's stats were inflated by the tremendous skills players Cleveland has, but once game film started circulating, defenses learned how to fizzle Anderson's effectiveness.

Quinn played for Charlie Weis and had amazing stats in college in a pro-style offense.

He got a year of grooming and, I think, the Cleveland front office is quietly hoping he moves into the starting role this season.

I got Anderson for cheap in one of my keeper leagues and I think I will end up keeping him, but I will be sure to get Quinn on the roster, as well.

I would have done Anderson for Boldin and Bulger ASAP. Good job if you got that deal done

If Holt and Jackson are healthy, Bulger will be a top flight QB this year when healthy