Bringthesonicsback

Rodney Hood 2019-2020 Outlook

Can’t believe my mans doesn’t even have a thread. Rodney is quietly having a strong start to the season. 

Game 1: 31min 13pts/5boards/1ast/0s/0b with 2 3s on 5/10 shooting 

Game 2: 30min 8/4/1/1/1 with 2 3s on 3/8 shooting 

Game 3: 31min 20/6/0/2/1 with 3 3s on 8/12 shooting

A lot to like so far. WW players that get 30+ minutes are hard to come by in deeper leagues and Rodney looks locked into that starting role. His main source of value will still be locked into the 3s and points but it’s nice to see the effort on the boards. He has 5,4,6 on the season and although likely very fluky, it’s encouraging to see from a guy that only got 4 5+ rebound games out of his 72 played last year. He’s also allergic to TOs, so he gets a bump in roto leagues.

Last time Hood played starter minutes (32mpg in 2015-16), he finished player rank #95 w averages of 14.5/3.4/2.7/0.9/0.2 w 2 3s on 42% from the field. 

Sitting at player rank #67 after 3 games, I think Hood easily has top 120 upside, making him rosterable in most deeper leagues.

A big knock to his game is that he’s a guard with low steals but if he can manage to get them up to 1.2+, continue to knock down 2+ 3s per game, average 14 points at the #3 option, set a career high in efficiency at around 46% from the field, bump the rebounds up to around 4.. he’ll be a top 80 player and a valuable piece on your roster.

Edited by Bringthesonicsback
  • Like 1

Yeah, he’s been quietly very solid so far. Averaging almost a 1/1/1 and a lock for starter minutes. Surprised he hasn’t been picked up as much yet, injury proneness aside I don’t see how he won’t keep this up.

Edited by m1dday

The stocks won't continue, but he's a solid end of the bench guy for deep leagues

Picked this guy up from the waiver, drafted him last season and got burned.

Threw him in a trade package. Traded away Kemba/Trae Young/Hood for Irving/Bam/Dejounte. Needed Rebs/Blocks/higher FG%/less TO. I'm high on Bam and Dejounte, hopefully this pans out.

4 minutes ago, WWWW said:

Picked this guy up from the waiver, drafted him last season and got burned.

Threw him in a trade package. Traded away Kemba/Trae Young/Hood for Irving/Bam/Dejounte. Needed Rebs/Blocks/higher FG%/less TO. I'm high on Bam and Dejounte, hopefully this pans out.

how did this trade went through? lol 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Are you saying this trade should've been vetoed? Wondering if I won the trade but time will tell.

Edited by WWWW

8 minutes ago, WWWW said:

Are you saying this trade should've been vetoed? Wondering if I won the trade but time will tell.

I wouldn't veto it personally but you definitely won

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

What are you on about that is not veto worthy at all.

Back to Hood. Can he consistent, that is the question.

just headed to locker room

Edited by kane

Hope he gets suspended for that cheap shot on Poole. Playing like trash tonight and lashes out and somehow the refs miss it. What a punk.

Impressive last couple of games after coming back from injury. Seems like his opportunity will be there all year and you would think Portland's offensive efficiency would go up. Do we think Melo will take away any of his value?

5 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

Impressive last couple of games after coming back from injury. Seems like his opportunity will be there all year and you would think Portland's offensive efficiency would go up. Do we think Melo will take away any of his value?

I think it will, Melo won't be taking shots away from Lillard and CJ so it has to come from somewhere. I am streaming Hood this week so hopefully I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, FantasyMamba said:

Hood has one of the safest roles in the league. Carmelo will be playing 15 to 18 minutes max and probably won't last by Christmas Day. He might affect that Simons dude or Bazemore. Not worried in the slightest.