dorwell

John Wall 2019-2020 Outlook

I thought the DPE got denied. Regardless I believe he was projected to be out ROS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by echho

2 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

What does that mean? He is not allowed to play this season even if he is healthy?

They exception was denied so they are good on that front. However, I think they also have an insurance policy that may pay them if he's out for the season.

Either way, what's the point of playing him this year unless they have a shot at the POs?

He is looking pretty okay though. Saw a follow up video from the same workout of him getting some shots off.

If he's healthy and ready to go would the Wizards really sit him all season?

28 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Just saw a video of him running and dunking and he looks great. Has it been confirmed he’s out for the year?

Wiz were denied a disabled exception and seeing this I doubt he sits all year. I think he’s closer than we know 

11 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Wiz were denied a disabled exception and seeing this I doubt he sits all year. I think he’s closer than we know 

... he definitely doesn't look like someone out for the whole year ... interesting maybe keep a close eye on him and pick him up immediately if there is some sniff of him playing post ASB

1 minute ago, Monkeyking69 said:

... he definitely doesn't look like someone out for the whole year ... interesting maybe keep a close eye on him and pick him up immediately if there is some sniff of him playing post ASB

He’s trending on Yahoo and people are starting to add him. I’m going to stash him and see 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vyun said:

yall are wasting your time. it's a damn achilles. he has an untradeable obscene contract. it aint gonna happen

He can ride my IR spot until I need it.  Costs nothing, but could be everything.  It wasn't a full rupture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

He can ride my IR spot until I need it.  Costs nothing, but could be everything.  It wasn't a full rupture.

Exactly ... my spots are freaking occupied at the moment, but I'm sure it could be a deal breaker for teams if they announce all of a sudden he'll be back post all star.. would help a lot of teams come playoff time 

14 minutes ago, Dent416 said:

he looks awesome practising, realistically would the Wizards keep him out if he was healthy?

Considering they didn't want to trade Beal and didn't get the exception/insurance for Wall that would have required them to keep him out... there's a chance

Dunkin' and everything. What are the % chances that he will play this season ?? Are we talking 10% or?

8 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Dunkin' and everything. What are the % chances that he will play this season ?? Are we talking 10% or?

My guess is < 10%

3 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

why would you want him?  Even when he was healthy he was ranked way outside the top 100 due to his atrocious efficiency 

A lot of teams with punt builds would rank him high. He has a lot of trade value even if that’s not your build to get a top 30 player in return,  if it gets reported he’s returning. Worth the stash in IL for that alone. 

Edited by rollow222222

17 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

why would you want him?  Even when he was healthy he was ranked way outside the top 100 due to his atrocious efficiency 

In addition to the previous post, assist scarcity. After missing a certain point in the draft, you're in assist-Sahara, something which I've encountered time and time again.

Just now, brickcitymamba said:

In addition to the previous post, assist scarcity. After missing a certain point in the draft, you're in assist-Sahara, something which I've encountered time and time again.

yeah I hear ya, the 9 assists a game along with good scoring is rare.

23 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Good free throw shooter, scorer, lots of dimes and gets steals. Could be a steal for the second half

Just now, Aloon33 said:

Good free throw shooter, scorer, lots of dimes and gets steals. Could be a steal for the second half

Good free throw shooter?  Is 72 and 69 his last two years