dorwell

John Wall 2019-2020 Outlook

Wall-Beal-TBJ-Rui-Bryant is a very solid core. If they can retain Bertans, develop Wagner and draft well this coming draft they can make noise for sure. They are already one of the most entertaining teams to watch

27 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Wall-Beal-TBJ-Rui-Bryant is a very solid core. If they can retain Bertans, develop Wagner and draft well this coming draft they can make noise for sure. They are already one of the most entertaining teams to watch

Rui low-key played very well before he got injured . I had him in one of my points leagues, and was impressed by his production. He's mainly a pts & boards kinda guy but he's still a rookie and in time I could see him getting some decent stocks . He definitely has all the physical tools thats for sure. The kid might be a walking double-double next year. 

getting scooped in a lot of leagues, was there any news hes coming back? 

4 minutes ago, beeray said:

Running full speed in 5 on 5 scrimmages would do that.

37 minutes ago, beeray said:

No. Just last place people looking for any sign of hope of coming back into the playoff picture.

20 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

No. Just last place people looking for any sign of hope of coming back into the playoff picture.

Or people with a top 3 spot and IR designation to spare.

BTW...love the JRich avatar! 

Edited by pdizzle710
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Running full speed in 5 on 5 scrimmages would do that.

wasn't it 3 on 3?

1 minute ago, beeray said:

wasn't it 3 on 3?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Lmao If your 100% you have to play what is this. He can get injured next year or even walking the street too I don't get it. How you paying him a gazillion dollars to be 100% scratch. 5 games out of playoff spot isn't impossible at this stage to make up and you can ramp up minutes slowly

• Haha 1

Look at how dejected Beal was after another L. 

He spoke post game about changing the culture, and you change culture by winning. 

Wall could easily get injured doing 5 on 5 work. I think he plays at some stage. 

People been adding wall like crazy. Think its a little premature right?  

7 minutes ago, francosean said:

depends on a lot of factors: where you are in the standings, IR spots, league size, etc.

47 minutes ago, francosean said:

I have been following Wall all year. It was the recent GM interview where he said "we're not going to get excited about 3-on-3" that kept me from adding. 

I would expect a month of contact practices before a return, and we're not even at that stage yet. If Wall returns to contact practices right after the ASB, that means a late March return, which would be just enough games to get his feet wet and not ruin the tank. 

It's a harmless dice roll if you have an IR slot free. But if you have injuries, and it seems like almost everyone does, seems like a dicey add. And this is coming from someone who makes lots of dicey adds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whats up with Wall? He is one of top yahoo pick ups over the last 24 hours but i cant find anything stating he is any closer than he was last week when playing 3 v 3..

1 minute ago, jonninho said:

Whats up with Wall? He is one of top yahoo pick ups over the last 24 hours but i cant find anything stating he is any closer than he was last week when playing 3 v 3..

People watched some videos and got all excited lol. Happened earlier too. He’s out for the year nothing to see 

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

they’re killing me with these updates.. all this to make me believe he’ll be back this season 

9 minutes ago, matkm said:

they’re killing me with these updates.. all this to make me believe he’ll be back this season 

I'm now of the belief if he continues to track the way he has, then he will play some minutes at some stage. 

Saw on ESPN they got his insurance money already, so he’s eligible, no financial implications. It’s just the upside that’s enticing. 

I think he'll almost certainly be back. But I suspect it'll be like Paul George coming back for the last ten games of that one season. 

Just enough to get his feet wet and shake off some rust, but not enough to ruin the tank.

Hmm to waste a weekly acquisition pickup on him to put him on my newly empty IR spot (hallelujah conleys off it finally)! Will he be useful if he plays in March at all? I guess a 40- 50% wall would be Somewhat similar to what you’d get off the WW

1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

Hmm to waste a weekly acquisition pickup on him to put him on my newly empty IR spot (hallelujah conleys off it finally)! Will he be useful if he plays in March at all? I guess a 40- 50% wall would be Somewhat similar to what you’d get off the WW

If you would potentially drop him back in the wire within a week. Then don’t look like a fool picking him up. Plus then you show your hand to the rest of your league. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

If you would potentially drop him back in the wire within a week. Then don’t look like a fool picking him up. Plus then you show your hand to the rest of your league. 

This, do your research do your move. Don't grab guys prematurely and reveal the potential of them and your team to the league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1