bball961

Jaxson Hayes 2019-2020 Outlook

Favors is hurt, Jaxson Hayes plays:19 pts, 3 rbds, 1 steal, 1 block in 24 minutes vs the Warriors.

Okafor started the game but only played 12 minutes.

Purple Hayes all around the rim last night, had em' Hayesed and confused...playin roundball w/ a Hendrixian melody, ooooo eeee how sweet it is...clearly the lottery pick is the most gifted big on the squad, play the mannnnn like Jimi plays his guitar....

• Haha 1

His athleticism is crazy but he was easily getting bumped by guards.  He needs a few years to bulk up (or go spend an offseason with Ayton...) before he's ready for a heavier workload.  He looks like he'd fall over if a child farted in his general direction.

• Haha 3

I would pass unless you’re in a deep league. Don’t really see his path to minutes. Pelicans rotation is pretty random and all over the place. Hayes will have some great games but there will be nights where he’ll probably be ineffective and outmuscled. 

22 hours ago, 7614 said:

I would pass unless you’re in a deep league. Don’t really see his path to minutes. Pelicans rotation is pretty random and all over the place. Hayes will have some great games but there will be nights where he’ll probably be ineffective and outmuscled. 

The Pels in a Post-Brow world have a random rotation because they are figuring out their new team...

a new inj prone free agent signee who has not been with the team nor playing well when healthy opened a door for

a veteran who was once slated as a major prospect, then bust, now has somewhat revived his career in New Orleans, started, and then was quickly unseated by

a rookie, who was drafted by the front office, a lottery pick, with the same position as the aforementioned players, and this young man

went on to outshine them all in his first opportunity he was given...

I see a path my friend, o do I see a path up ahead, lush and fruitful, with a Hayes picking and rolling off a new day's dew...

Edited by dfstout
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, christino3286 said:

Any reason to get excited about this guys if Favors is out tomorrow? 

Not at all, Jokic is gonna eat him alive

If pels keep losing 0-4 now i can see them goto developmental mode sooner or later.  Pretty sure post asb his going get a lot of run

8 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

If pels keep losing 0-4 now i can see them goto developmental mode sooner or later.  Pretty sure post asb his going get a lot of run

Why are you so negative? Road to 78-4 baby!! 

Edited by kendanc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

GS is a heaven for opposing centers. Look for FG% and blocks tomorrow. Favors just can’t stay healthy. His only competition is only Melli. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

GS is a heaven for opposing centers. Look for FG% and blocks tomorrow. Favors just can’t stay healthy. His only competition is only Melli. 

Do we think Favors/Okafor are both out for tomorrow? Favors seems more likely given his injury arose tonight.

1 minute ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

was a week winning stream for me 

Same here! Streamed Hayes and NAW today and won 7-2 from being down 4-5 yesterday. Love it. 

Wow, picked this guy up for today since I'm a Favors owner and he looks fantastic. Kid has a non stop motor. 

2 steals, 2 blocks midway through the 2nd quarter including blocking the ever loving crap out of Melo.

Me likey. 

• Like 1

Yeah I scooped him up to stream as well.. really like how active he's been on the court.  Sucks that he's behind Favors and Okafor though

Looks pretty raw on offense and makes rookie mistakes. Defensively he’s very good. He will get no assists and some TOs. I don’t know how long it will last so I’m holding at least until both favors and Okafor back. 

2 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

Yeah I scooped him up to stream as well.. really like how active he's been on the court.  Sucks that he's behind Favors and Okafor though

I think he's jumped Okafor on the depth chart as the main backup. If so he's a great handcuff to Favs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Purple Hippo said:

I think he's jumped Okafor on the depth chart as the main backup. If so he's a great handcuff to Favs. 

Yeah I think the coaches love his activity on the defensive end. I guess we're all holding haha