Crazycanto

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

Has always been one of the best per-minute players, high FG%, rebounds, with one block potential, likely good enough for your end of the bench big. 

Absolutely torching the Nuggets tonight, if Walton was smart he'd be starting over Dedmon even when Bagley is back. He may still outproduce him off the bench.

5 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

if Walton was smart he'd be starting over Dedmon

He isn’t so he probably won’t. I love Holmes back to his Sixers days but Walton is one of the worst coaches in sports. I will continue to ignore all Kings because of him.

• Like 1

Holmes is perfect off the bench or feast on scrubs and then have him close. Have Dedmon worry about defending the other teams starting bigs. 

I am wondering with bjelicia starting as a stretch 4 is reducing the need for dedmon shooting in the starting lineup. 

• Like 1

We loved Holmes in the 215 during his stint here. Played his a** off every damn night, very very high motor guy. You could say his defense and pick and roll work with Fox kept them in game tonight. 

Typically...you’d think he earned some mins after this performance tonight, but Walton’s such a damn weirdo coach 😕.  Worth an add for as a nice stream this wk with lil sneaky upside. I hope he at least earned more bench mins after tonight 

edit: forgot Giles coming back. Would be tough to crack 20 mins. 

Edited by IDatDude

I think Holmes' line was a bit of an anomaly.  While we know he's known to put up big lines I think it's matchup-based, wherein his athleticism is enough to take advantage of some bigs.  In this case against slow a** - and out of shape-looking Jokic - and Plumlee.  Add the fact that the Kings are the worst team run by a bad coach (and I'm a Kings fan, sigh), then you have a recipe for nothin' too great.  Streamer at best in my eyes.  Firing Dave Joerger was a big mistake.  Dropping Dedmon for Holmes is like substituting a poopy-flavored lolly pop for a dingleberry muffin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

Deciding between Holmes and Wood - Holmes may have a longer run but Walton hates centers

Wood over Holmes for me

27 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Wood over Holmes for me

Seems like Holmes has a clearer path to PT and has not been in a doghouse 

Ah, Holmes is such an excellent per minute guy, and it's always fun to see him on the court.  Crazy good energy and it really showed today - Basically the only guy who shot well and with Fox, kept the game at least sorta close against the deep Nuggets.  Also impressive defensively against Joker.

Highly doubt his minutes get above 25 a night, but I'd grab him if they get to that level.  Dedmon looks so bad right now and Walton absolutely needs to change something.  Holmes looks like a fine flier at least until Bagley returns.

he had a disgusting poster in this game.. I don't trust Walton whatsoever. Holmes is pretty talented and has never been given a fair shake at a starting chance, he's worth a flier, but I'm a bit worried once Giles is back this turns into a 3 headed timeshare because Walton is clueless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

Has always been one of the best per-minute players, high FG%, rebounds, with one block potential, likely good enough for your end of the bench big. 

Absolutely torching the Nuggets tonight, if Walton was smart he'd be starting over Dedmon even when Bagley is back. He may still outproduce him off the bench.

"If Walton was smart" .... too bad he's dumb as a rock...

1 hour ago, XOrad10 said:

Dude, you sure Bruski wasn't talking about KoQ?  :D

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

he had a disgusting poster in this game.. I don't trust Walton whatsoever. Holmes is pretty talented and has never been given a fair shake at a starting chance, he's worth a flier, but I'm a bit worried once Giles is back this turns into a 3 headed timeshare because Walton is clueless.

2 posters.

I made the move and picked him up. Walton is an idiot but dedmond has looked bad and they havent won a game yet. You would think at the very least holmes gets more minutes juat for his energy.

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

2 posters.

wow, these highlights.

HOLY CRAP, that poster.

• Like 2