Crazycanto

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

Love this guy. Just like every rookie gets the "Donovan Mitchell vibes" hype post, I think Richaun Holmes deserves a shout.

He's giving me Montrezl Harrell vibes. Great pickup to fill out a championship roster.

6 minutes ago, ovenchicken said:

Love this guy. Just like every rookie gets the "Donovan Mitchell vibes" hype post, I think Richaun Holmes deserves a shout.

He's giving me Montrezl Harrell vibes. Great pickup to fill out a championship roster.

Exactly !! Said the same exact thing i had Harrell last year unfortunately not this year but i literally found my new Harrell this year in Holmes. I dropped Kanter very early in the season for Richaun which was very risky and other GM's were getting at my neck now they are quiet for my man 3th round Holmes

Regret not having him in my main league. I knew he was a per minute monster. Already used my three adds during then and somebody scooped him up before the adds were reset.

What do you guys think is the most conservative outlook for Holmes when the Kings are at full strength? Trying to decide what he's worth in trade.

5 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

What do you guys think is the most conservative outlook for Holmes when the Kings are at full strength? Trying to decide what he's worth in trade.

My plan is to wait until Bagley returns. For sure there will be and underwhelming game or two and would try to buy low there. Maybe offer someone just borderline 100 

43 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

My plan is to wait until Bagley returns. For sure there will be and underwhelming game or two and would try to buy low there. Maybe offer someone just borderline 100 

Oh I'm a seller. I doubt I will be able to find a buyer at current value but I am not looking for current value.

2 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Huge question we are all asking. I think you have to sell for a top 60 player if you can get one. Neither Bagley nor Holmes can space the floor. They would be awful together. That means Bagley will kill Holmes' value, or worse, both are ruined. 

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Huge question we are all asking. I think you have to sell for a top 60 player if you can get one. Neither Bagley nor Holmes can space the floor. They would be awful together. That means Bagley will kill Holmes' value, or worse, both are ruined. 

Swapped him for House -- was the only bite I got in the one league where I was holding Holmes, and it's an assist punt so a good fit.  I'm a bit anxious to find out if Holmes retains significant value upon Bagley's return, but I think it's a good idea to pull the trigger if you can get someone that will be serviceable ROS. 

As an Owner of both (Bagley and Holmes) I really hope they don't ruin each others value ...*fingers crossed*

I hope Bagley gets his 30 minutes a night and Holmes will end up at 25mpg

What do you guys think?

Is this thread troll city? If you don’t watch sac play, you have no idea the impact Holmes has on the game. His move to the starting lineup is the reason why they have been playing better and winning. He’s getting minimum 25mpg for the rest of the season and if you guaranteed that for him to start the year, he’d be drafted top 100 easy, probably top 80. 

Dwight?!? Yikes. 

• Like 5

There is chance Bagley struggles in return and Walton cut in to Homles' minutes because he considers Holmes is messing with Bagley's development. I know we do not agree or like this kind of BS, but there is a chance. On the other hand, even if that happens, RH needs only 25 mins to rosterable. I hope thinks work out fine and Kings figure things out with both Bagley and Holmes on the court.

hey guys... we’re 6 spots away from the prophecy 👀

After tonight’s feasting, 3th is player rank #42 on the season and rank #23!!! since becoming the starter. If you aren’t buying low from owners that are “selling high” bc of Bagley coming back, you’re doing it all wrong.

The Kings begin the season 0-4.. they start Holmes, they go 7-4. The Kings NEED him on the court.

Walton gets a lot of heat for being a moron, which he is, but he got making Holmes a starter right (quickly too). There is absolutely no way Holmes doesn’t see a minimum of 25 mpg and I think 28-30 is very realistic when Bagley returns. At 25-27 minutes.. he’s a 5-7th rounder, at 28-30 minutes he’s 3-4th round value. If Luke limits him and the Kings start piling up Ls, the fans and front office will be all over him bc unless you’re a complete casual you know exactly why the Kings are finding success even when their roster is battling major injuries. This mans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

hey guys... we’re 6 spots away from the prophecy 👀

After tonight’s feasting, 3th is player rank #42 on the season and rank #23!!! since becoming the starter. If you aren’t buying low from owners that are “selling high” bc of Bagley coming back, you’re doing it all wrong.

The Kings begin the season 0-4.. they start Holmes, they go 7-4. The Kings NEED him on the court.

Walton gets a lot of heat for being a moron, which he is, but he got making Holmes a starter right (quickly too). There is absolutely no way Holmes doesn’t see a minimum of 25 mpg and I think 28-30 is very realistic when Bagley returns. At 25-27 minutes.. he’s a 5-7th rounder, at 28-30 minutes he’s 3-4th round value. If Luke limits him and the Kings start piling up Ls, the fans and front office will be all over him bc unless you’re a complete casual you know exactly why the Kings are finding success even when their roster is battling major injuries. This mans.

Exactly. I seriously don't get the anxiety and panic selling for someone of much lesser value when it comes to Holmes. Yes, Bagley may affect him. Yes, starting him and Bags together means the spacing will suck. Yes, it'll be a bad fit. Yes, Dedmon would be the most logical option as a starter. But with the way he's proven himself, his impact on the team and the energy he provides whenever he's on the court, it's nigh impossible Walton would go back to giving him 10 minutes a night again.

What I really see is a 28-30+ minute 6th man role a la Harrell - his energy should allow him to feast on second-stringers. Give Dedmon his 15-20 C minutes for spacing purposes, and let Holmes do his thing for the rest. The spacing issue gets resolved, and Holmes gets the minutes he deserves.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 3

The moment he played 30 minutes by the end of the 3rd last night. It was obvious Walton really depends on him and I don't see that changing for the rest of the season. Bagley or not. 28-30 mins rest of season is almost guaranteed. 

6 hours ago, serveist said:

Is this thread troll city? If you don’t watch sac play, you have no idea the impact Holmes has on the game. His move to the starting lineup is the reason why they have been playing better and winning. He’s getting minimum 25mpg for the rest of the season and if you guaranteed that for him to start the year, he’d be drafted top 100 easy, probably top 80. 

Dwight?!? Yikes. 

I would say it's more due to Bogdan's play, but I agree Holmes has made an impact.