Crazycanto

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

Obviously going to hold but won’t be surprised if his role is not the same when he comes back.

Tough look for a guy who seemed unstoppable.

used to laugh at the teams in my league who got devestated by injuries. now im them. isaac, holmes, morris, noel all within 10 days

Just now, pdids911 said:

used to laugh at the teams in my league who got devestated by injuries. now im them. isaac, holmes, morris, noel all within 10 days

I'm holmes, noel, favors, and AD. Lost middleton and lowry earlier in the season. lmao

You guys think he'll pick up right where he left off? I'm really concerned his role won't be the same once he comes back, he'll probably struggle to get his starting role back either...thoughts?

14 minutes ago, davidhammer said:

You guys think he'll pick up right where he left off? I'm really concerned his role won't be the same once he comes back, he'll probably struggle to get his starting role back either...thoughts?

I won’t lie to you, this is def a concern of mines. Just gotta play it by ear. 

17 minutes ago, davidhammer said:

It's up to Holmes. If he can play at the level, I think there's no reason to get his role back.

He was killing it with early round production. Dedmond is not going to stay a starter once holmes comes back.

21 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

He was killing it with early round production. Dedmond is not going to stay a starter once holmes comes back.

Dedmon isnt even starting lol Giles is. Problem is they will play Bagley at the 5 and Bjelica who has been on fire at the 4. My hope is the Kings trade Bjelica, shift Bagley to the 4 and keep Holmes as the C. Would be ridiculous to lose his spot but it is the Kings are talking about

6 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Dedmon isnt even starting lol Giles is. Problem is they will play Bagley at the 5 and Bjelica who has been on fire at the 4. My hope is the Kings trade Bjelica, shift Bagley to the 4 and keep Holmes as the C. Would be ridiculous to lose his spot but it is the Kings are talking about

Giles wont remain starter either. I think it will be holmes and bjelica going to back up bagley. Either way it would be foolish to drop a 3rd round player just cause theres a chance he doesnt regain his starting position.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

Hes very likely going to continue to start as from what I remember, when bagley returned, the kings were saying they were going to play them together. Holmes is way too good to not play, and if you expect much less than what he did before, I think you're mistaken. He's a buy low if you can hold him. I expect early round value for 6+ weeks if you include playoffs with an even higher ceiling. 

A 2 to 3 week injury is nothing, assuming there's no set backs. I think people are trying to scare others into dropping him here or something. 

24 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Hes very likely going to continue to start as from what I remember, when bagley returned, the kings were saying they were going to play them together. Holmes is way too good to not play, and if you expect much less than what he did before, I think you're mistaken. He's a buy low if you can hold him. I expect early round value for 6+ weeks if you include playoffs with an even higher ceiling. 

A 2 to 3 week injury is nothing, assuming there's no set backs. I think people are trying to scare others into dropping him here or something. 

2 to 3 weeks before reevaluation. The MRI revealed an injury to the shoulder joint so I don't know that he's guaranteed back in that time frame.  

The danger is that Bagley comes in balling and gives the Kings what Holmes provided and more. If so then pairing him with Bjelica makes more sense than crowding the paint. 

Holmes will provide value but I'm guessing it's more mid round than early round.

Holmes aint going anywhere. I don't understand this type of thinking.. nothing has been shown or said to give any reason anything would change to Holmes role after coming back. He'll likely come off the bench to play 20-25 mins for the first week, everyone will freak out and drop him, these boards will burn and then he'll slide right back into the starting role with a slight reduction to minutes, probably more like 28 mins a night ROS. All these fantasy plebians out here makin my head hurt 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CoachK said:

Holmes aint going anywhere. I don't understand this type of thinking.. nothing has been shown or said to give any reason anything would change to Holmes role after coming back. He'll likely come off the bench to play 20-25 mins for the first week, everyone will freak out and drop him, these boards will burn and then he'll slide right back into the starting role with a slight reduction to minutes, probably more like 28 mins a night ROS. All these fantasy plebians out here makin my head hurt 

I disagree, and this is coming from someone holding onto Richaun.  The Kings are desperately trying to show (to themselves and everyone) that Bagley is a star, to take away the hurt of seeing Luka dominating the league, and to save face for the front office. Yesterday they experimented Bagley at the 5 (he guarded Vuc at times) and there is a chance they try to play him there along side Bjelica, as someone mentioned above. The Holmes/Bagley pairing currently does not provide the spacing that Bagley/Bjelica does.  So the concern is real.  Eventually Bagley will start - the question is will it be at the expense of Holmes starting, or at the expense of the offensive spacing? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

I disagree, and this is coming from someone holding onto Richaun.  The Kings are desperately trying to show (to themselves and everyone) that Bagley is a star, to take away the hurt of seeing Luka dominating the league, and to save face for the front office. Yesterday they experimented Bagley at the 5 (he guarded Vuc at times) and there is a chance they try to play him there along side Bjelica, as someone mentioned above. The Holmes/Bagley pairing currently does not provide the spacing that Bagley/Bjelica does.  So the concern is real.  Eventually Bagley will start - the question is will it be at the expense of Holmes starting, or at the expense of the offensive spacing? 

Bjelica is 31 and Holmes 26 if anything this is another prime opportunity to increase Bjelica's value and trade him. He is on a decent contract which has 1 more season on it. Kings can try all they want to turn Bagley into a star it ain't happening that team belongs to Fox he is miles better than the rest

2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Bjelica is 31 and Holmes 26 if anything this is another prime opportunity to increase Bjelica's value and trade him. He is on a decent contract which has 1 more season on it. Kings can try all they want to turn Bagley into a star it ain't happening that team belongs to Fox he is miles better than the rest

They can try and they are trying.  Just recently on the broadcast a graphic was shown urging fans to vote Bagley into the All-Star game.  He has played in all of 10 games this season. No mention of Holmes in the all-star push. It's embarrassing.  My point is that the coaching staff is clearly under direct order from management to showcase Bagley, so he is going to be getting a lot of PT (deserved or not) in the tail end of the season, provided he stays healthy. That may end up hurting Richaun.

Still, if he manages 24-ish minutes per game off the bench, Richaun can be very valuable.  Just probably not early round value like he was before, as Eltoro said three posts ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jay14bay said:

I get the point youre making, but its much simpler than that. Confidence goes a long way with players as its a mental game, but basketball is still a business. Holmes is proving his worth as an asset whether hes a part of their future or not. Everyone said the same thing before bagley came back from injury and after a week of tinkering they found their way back into the starting lineup together. Cream rises to the top. Holmes > bjelica. Theyll find him minutes 

• Like 1

I miss Richaun Holmes 🙁, lowkey hoping the kings keep losing so that they could turn to holmes to bring that energy back if his shoulder feels fine before the re-evaluation period.

It's only annoying because Holmes is not a good fit next to Bagley, and we all know who the number two pick ahead of Doncic was.  Management isn't about to lose even more face by not playing him.  I don't get them starting Giles though as he sucks.  You signed Dedmon to a fairly large contract, play him!  They'll be out of the playoff race soon unless they find some spark we haven't seen.  Fox is awesome, and Holmes is clearly a winner.  Either they keep pushing or trade him for some picks so they can keep playing Giles. 

I'd vote Holmes for MIP.  He deserves it. 

1 minute ago, vnmslsrbms said:

It's only annoying because Holmes is not a good fit next to Bagley, and we all know who the number two pick ahead of Doncic was.  Management isn't about to lose even more face by not playing him.  I don't get them starting Giles though as he sucks.  You signed Dedmon to a fairly large contract, play him!  They'll be out of the playoff race soon unless they find some spark we haven't seen.  Fox is awesome, and Holmes is clearly a winner.  Either they keep pushing or trade him for some picks so they can keep playing Giles. 

I'd vote Holmes for MIP.  He deserves it. 

It's politics basketball for the kings they'll forever be known as one of the franchises that passed up on Luka doncic so they'll do everything in their power to make sure bagley looks good and wasn't a waste of a draft pick. So i'm hoping with more playing time now Bagley can develop into a stretch four in the time being while Holmes is out so they can play together in the near future or at least start attempting more corner threes.

Yeah i agree i would have him for MIP as well, but people will give it to devontae for sure just cause of his counting numbers even though his FG% is atrocious. Richaun just does so much positive things and Luke walton should be thanking him cause after that horrid 0-5 start to the season he was about to be fired but he shifted the lineup and richaun holmes literally saved his job. Clutch defensive player, extremely efficient from the line and from the field and gets after loose balls, just a pure hustler, love his game he really is a winner. Also all that with a low usage rating, he puts up numbers without having the ball in his hands a majority of the time and doesn't get played 35+ mins often like devontae. 

2 hours ago, shiftysaj said:

It's politics basketball for the kings they'll forever be known as one of the franchises that passed up on Luka doncic so they'll do everything in their power to make sure bagley looks good and wasn't a waste of a draft pick. So i'm hoping with more playing time now Bagley can develop into a stretch four in the time being while Holmes is out so they can play together in the near future or at least start attempting more corner threes.

Yeah i agree i would have him for MIP as well, but people will give it to devontae for sure just cause of his counting numbers even though his FG% is atrocious. Richaun just does so much positive things and Luke walton should be thanking him cause after that horrid 0-5 start to the season he was about to be fired but he shifted the lineup and richaun holmes literally saved his job. Clutch defensive player, extremely efficient from the line and from the field and gets after loose balls, just a pure hustler, love his game he really is a winner. Also all that with a low usage rating, he puts up numbers without having the ball in his hands a majority of the time and doesn't get played 35+ mins often like devontae. 

Unfortunately Divac doesn't care about defense, and he's the only guy who can play above average defense in the starting five.  Fox, Hield, Barnes, Bagley, Holmes.  That's not a recipe for success.  Bagley still has hope though.  He does need to become a stretch four.  And they need to somehow trade Barnes. 

Yes I hope Walton got Holmes a big fat Christmas gift.  Holmes is on a steal of a contract for this year and the next.  Wonder how high he will get drafted next year?  His motivation will be high to get paid. 

I think people who are concerned about Holmes' role when he returns are overthinking. Holmes has played great, he deserved to get a big enough role to be a great fantasy player, and he'll get it when he returns one way or another. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, pdids911 said:

I feel your pain, those blokes were on my list as well. Big holes to fill with the big men getting injured like this.

Holmes deserves to start and did nothing wrong to lose his place. Bagley is such an overrated player who's done nothing to warrant starting other than Kings saving face for selecting him over Trae and Luka. If Ayton who is miles better is coming off the bench wtf are the Kings doing? I swear they are the west Knicks