Crazycanto

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, raptors24 said:

will he get his starting gig back upon return or will bagley continue to start?

Before Holmes went down with the shoulder injury he was starting to co-exist with Bagley with solid ROS lines.

• Like 1

It depends what Walton wants to go with.

Bagley isn't great defensively but allows them to play Bjelica at the 4 and can get hot from behind the arc.

Holmes is a defensive beast but will cause some issues alongside Bagley. 

Depends what Walton values more. 

I doubt Holmes minutes dip below 25 regardless, Holmes will murder 2nd units. 

Top 30 numbers starting, top 60 off the bench is my prediction. 

• Like 3

Kings just saving face starting Bagley the guy just isnt that good. The fact Bjelica is doing well shows what a garbage team they are. They should be shopping him while he has value 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcc_naga said:

Any news if he's playing today?

6AM in Sacramento bro.

2 hours ago, lcc_naga said:

Any news if he's playing today?

there hasnt even been any credible news of him even being re-evaluated. Just a tweet from someone not named Woj.

so Bagley is out again due to foot injury.. does this mean Holmes is a definite keep compared to Bagley? any of u has both players in ur roster?

10 hours ago, Iyon said:

so Bagley is out again due to foot injury.. does this mean Holmes is a definite keep compared to Bagley? any of u has both players in ur roster?

I have them both, trying to trade Bagley right now 

16 hours ago, Iyon said:

Got 'em both, Holmes in multiple leagues.

I feel like the Kings just need to play Bagley at some point to avoid like looking stupid AF (well even more than they already do), considering Luka's getting MVP votes and carrying his team, while Bagley's basically played a dozen mediocre games this season.

I'm keeping Holmes despite salvaging him from the FA and also drafting Bagley high.  The former is a Top 30 value when on the court and fits well with Bjelica.  The latter ... well, any time he's on the court, I just get excited because I remember he's not dead.

Personally, I'd advise anyone to hold.  He should only be another week or two.  And if you REALLY need to drop, you'd better be shopping him for a good player.  You're not finding a better player who can impact your team like Holmes on the wire, and if you're dropping him to stream out of desperation, you probably should find a worse player to drop.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWon said:

Got 'em both, Holmes in multiple leagues.

I feel like the Kings just need to play Bagley at some point to avoid like looking stupid AF (well even more than they already do), considering Luka's getting MVP votes and carrying his team, while Bagley's basically played a dozen mediocre games this season.

I'm keeping Holmes despite salvaging him from the FA and also drafting Bagley high.  The former is a Top 30 value when on the court and fits well with Bjelica.  The latter ... well, any time he's on the court, I just get excited because I remember he's not dead.

Personally, I'd advise anyone to hold.  He should only be another week or two.  And if you REALLY need to drop, you'd better be shopping him for a good player.  You're not finding a better player who can impact your team like Holmes on the wire, and if you're dropping him to stream out of desperation, you probably should find a worse player to drop.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would drop Holmes anyway.

1 minute ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would drop Holmes anyway.

Good god I hope not.

Apparently 271 people dropped Holmes yesterday, and 139 did today.  He's only 75% owned. The madness.

^It's probably because the Kings are a gong show. Sometimes you just want to avoid teams where roles are in flux, as may or may not be the case with Bagley/Holmes. I personally am a hold on Holmes but I can understand the fear. 

I just want to state for the record that I expect Vlade to make some dumb panic move at the deadline. I could see him bringing in Julius Randle or Andre Drummond or something else splashy but ultimately destined to fail.   

The fact that people are dropping Holmes is straight up disrespect to what he has proven this year. At his peak he actually broke top 12 and stayed there in 9 cats. He then continued to hover around top 30. He is close to returning, pick him up if he is on your waivers. Been riding high on Holmes since Oct and never got off the train. 

• Like 2

Interesting tweet... is he upset that team won't let him play or something related to his shoulder...

Edited by orlgln

25 minutes ago, orlgln said:

Interesting tweet... is he upset that team won't let him play or something related to his shoulder...

i'd say the former. He wants to play in his hometown tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Said Holmes really wanted to play today and that he has been doing a lot of on court work. Is likely to return within next 2 games lets go!

11 minutes ago, sebapargue said:

AC Forum I know....but would you consider taking Holmes and Draymond for SGA???

AC Forum please

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sebapargue said:

AC Forum I know....but would you consider taking Holmes and Draymond for SGA???

7 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

AC Forum please

Lol, if you know ... well, what'd you expect?  :P

To humor you, I'd try to hold SGA.

21 hours ago, Eltoro said:

^It's probably because the Kings are a gong show. Sometimes you just want to avoid teams where roles are in flux, as may or may not be the case with Bagley/Holmes. I personally am a hold on Holmes but I can understand the fear. 

I just want to state for the record that I expect Vlade to make some dumb panic move at the deadline. I could see him bringing in Julius Randle or Andre Drummond or something else splashy but ultimately destined to fail.   

Heh, I don't underestimate the stupidity of the Kings.  I could imagine Vlade doing that ... after overpaying for Dedmon.  Tolliver, Bjelica, Giles, Dedmon, Holmes, Bagley.  Wow. Then again, they badly need to upgrade their SF position and/or bench. 

Shoulder injuries are always difficult to predict.  Hopefully, he is cleared to play soon.  

His long-term value is a good question.  He has always been solid on a per minute basis, so with the significant bump in minutes (almost double from last year),  it is not a surprise he is doing well.  However, he has always had difficulty staying healthy making it difficult to establish consistency in his playing time and level of play.  Crystal Ball?  Even with lack of quality center depth, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Kings sit him later in the season, especially if he gets nicked up again.  This guy is one of the most underpaid players in the NBA.

Edited by mbroo5880i