Rotoworld.com Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Been a member here for 10 years kid.  Ive been doing big money leagues in basketball football and baseball since 2010. Sit down rookie. Also hes the one bringing up saying i do useless post every day which i quickly corrected i dont post here every day cause i have a life. So your point is what? Where did I say he posts too often? Oh wait you are just one of those people got it considering i never mentioned anything about him posting here too often nor him having no life.

Man, you really have a lot of time on your hands to be responding with essays like this consistently through the day.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Man, you really have a lot of time on your hands to be responding with essays like this consistently through the day.

Or maybe I can type 90 words a minute on a bad day? Lol. Guess you didnt have to do many essays or research in college...if you even went to one. But people sure do have a lot of time to discuss my posts instead of Richaun Holmes, so at least I am not alone here.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Leave your fantasies to yourself. I know you desperately want to be witness to it but thats a very powerful hell no.

I just want you two to find happiness and spread your passion for fantasy basketball on to your children.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Bro enough. I’m gonna settle this so we can all stop the fighting and move on with our day. I lost count at how many girls I fuked after 26 how about you guys? When did you lose count? 

Edited by Flamez
10 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Holmes no question. If Nurkic makes it back it will be under heavy restrictions and a ridiculous level of rust.

And the guy with a torn labrum isn't going to be on minutes restrictions IF he returns, playing for a team that won't make playoffs!? 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

And the guy with a torn labrum isn't going to be on minutes restrictions IF he returns, playing for a team that won't make playoffs!? 

IF Holmes is healthy the Kings have an incentive to play him (and the rest of the squad) to see what they have going into next year. 

Much easier to play through a partial shoulder tear (see Paul George) than to play following a massive lower body injury (again, see Paul George).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RLDN106 said:

IF Holmes is healthy the Kings have an incentive to play him (and the rest of the squad) to see what they have going into next year. 

Much easier to play through a partial shoulder tear (see Paul George) than to play following a massive lower body injury (again, see Paul George).

Paul George's was his left shoulder. 

This is Holmes shooting arm. 

Just now, DiscoNinja33 said:

Paul George's was his left shoulder. 

This is Holmes shooting arm. 

The counter to that is Holmes hardly "shoots" -- most of his shot attempts are dunks. The fact that it's his shooting shoulder matters less than it would for a guard/wing.

Still it's a big "if" regarding him coming back healthy.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

The counter to that is Holmes hardly "shoots" -- most of his shot attempts are dunks. The fact that it's his shooting shoulder matters less than it would for a guard/wing.

Still it's a big "if" regarding him coming back healthy.

Still requires you to continually lift your arm above your head, if you've had a torn labrum before you'd know it's quite painful. 

Repetitively dunking and grabbing the ring and putting the full force of his body weight through that shoulder is probably worse than shooting to be honest.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Still requires you to continually lift your arm above your head, if you've had a torn labrum before you'd know it's quite painful. 

Repetitively dunking and grabbing the ring and putting the full force of his body weight through that shoulder is probably worse than shooting to be honest.  

Agreed that any sort of tear is definitely going to affect a player.

Not exactly sure what you’re arguing here. Nurkic will not be fantasy relevant this year in 12T and under.

2 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Nurkic will definitely return. 

I can't say the same for Holmes. (I hope he does) 

If Nurkic returns I see zero chance of him putting up Top 100 value so I see no point of stashing.

And to be clear I dont think Kings have any incentive to play Holmes. I just believe the reward if he does return far outweights anything you’ll get from Nurkic

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Ranadive has been emotionally labile since he bought the team. 

With that being said, I'm out on Walton. He completely lost control of the Lakers last year. This years version of the Kings are worse than last years version under Dave Joeger (even with an arguably more talented and experienced roster). I just haven't seen anything from him that indicates he can coach a team to an above .500 record unless you gift him with 3 of the top 10 players in the league.

The way they've managed and released information on Bagley's injury makes me iffy on what is really going on with Holmes. If this is a real labrum tear, Holmes never had a chance to come back within 2-3 weeks. From a medical standpoint, that doesn't make any sense. At minimum, he's looking at 2 months from when the tear occurred for it to heal and Holmes regain strength again. The pain and discomfort will remain, but if he properly rests and receives appropriate treatment, he should end up at a point where its good enough to play and it's up him to figure out how much he's comfortable dealing with once the labrum reattaches itself. 

Bottom line, this team is so bad, it's going to be a risk for owners holding him. For those in deep leagues (16-20), we really don't have a choice as they're are no options on the waiver pool that come close to his production. Just cross out fingers and hope he comes back. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

If Nurkic returns I see zero chance of him putting up Top 100 value so I see no point of stashing.

And to be clear I dont think Kings have any incentive to play Holmes. I just believe the reward if he does return far outweights anything you’ll get from Nurkic

At least right now we have a 'timetable' for Holmes, even though it's just a re-evaluation. He's the more sure thing.

We have no idea when Nurk is coming back to be fantasy relevant, and considering the nature of their injuries, Holmes will be on lesser restrictions. He isn't practicing yet so it's safe to rule out a Feb post-ASB return, and he could return in a very limited fashion in the middle of fantasy playoffs.

Not really worth a hold and I'd take the gamble on Holmes coming back instead. I was already holding both and Curry as someone who's locked for playoffs but the Holmes news made me have to drop Nurk, just in case I had to hold Holmes in IL during the fantasy playoffs. Not to mention Curry's return date hasn't been exactly set in stone so I wouldn't want that many uncertainties on the team heading into the playoffs and missing out on hot pickups.

Edited by Espoiral
13 hours ago, Espoiral said:

At least right now we have a 'timetable' for Holmes, even though it's just a re-evaluation. He's the more sure thing.

We have no idea when Nurk is coming back to be fantasy relevant, and considering the nature of their injuries, Holmes will be on lesser restrictions. He isn't practicing yet so it's safe to rule out a Feb post-ASB return, and he could return in a very limited fashion in the middle of fantasy playoffs.

Not really worth a hold and I'd take the gamble on Holmes coming back instead. I was already holding both and Curry as someone who's locked for playoffs but the Holmes news made me have to drop Nurk, just in case I had to hold Holmes in IL during the fantasy playoffs. Not to mention Curry's return date hasn't been exactly set in stone so I wouldn't want that many uncertainties on the team heading into the playoffs and missing out on hot pickups.

We do not have a timetable for Holmes though. What we have is a re-evaluation date.

I read the Kings have not ruled out the possibility of surgery for Holmes but the team is hoping he responds well to the PRP injection

Jesus

Kyrie responded well to his so hopefully Holmes does as well

Edited by kilslo
  • Like 1