Crazycanto

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Grant Napier says his guess is Holmes comes back this week: 

 

Grant Napier is among the best broadcasters in the NBA, and totally plugged in to the team. Coupled with the pregame warmup, this qualifies as legit.

Edited by hornrimmed_rambis
embedding issues
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to be the buzzkill, but his description of a "full workout" was simply shooting 3s and dunking. Doesnt sound like Holmes has been cleared for contact. 

I'd temper expectations, I still think he is a couple weeks away. And with the Kings rolling with Giles as their starting C, there is no need to rush him back as a necessary piece for a playoff push 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, justaguy said:

Sorry to be the buzzkill, but his description of a "full workout" was simply shooting 3s and dunking. Doesnt sound like Holmes has been cleared for contact. 

 

You calling Napier a liar?

 

JK. We are all grasping at straws with info from this joke of a team. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope he can slide back into his starting role when he returns and doesn't suffer a setback during contact practices 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He might be on a serious minutes limit. Not sure if that will be good for playoffs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’s kind of risky still. Most of the time, a labral tear requires surgery. They tried using PRP shot to get blood to the correct spot of his shoulder. Blood flow tends to not easily get there, thus the tear doesnt heal correctly. If he re-injures the shoulder, or if it isn’t 100% healed (which I’d say is unlikely to be 100% healed, estimates say it’s 8 to 12 weeks before a player would be ready to play without surgery) then he’d be shut down for the season and have to have surgery, which is 4 months recovery (same injury as Collins), which would be a huge setback for him for next season. So understand the risks with him before buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giles has been playing well and Kings been winning so expect Holmes to come off the bench on limited minutes to start 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

 

“When Richaun gets healthy, it’s going to be a tough job for Luke to see who he’s going to put in because they’re all giving great minutes and great effort,” Hield said.

The minutes will be there no matter what knowing Giles is a bit foul prone.

These comments are actually concerning, but a lot can happen in 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Len is the one that loses the most minutes here. I can see a timeshare unfolding between Giles and Richaun, with Giles starting given the chemistry he has developed with the starters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everyone still so upbeat????? After this current week it's a crappy 2-game week for SAC next week.... even if you manage to pick up Holmes w/ minutes restrictions for next week what good is that?? It's time to look at plan B / C if you haven't already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtx said:

How is everyone still so upbeat????? After this current week it's a crappy 2-game week for SAC next week.... even if you manage to pick up Holmes w/ minutes restrictions for next week what good is that?? It's time to look at plan B / C if you haven't already.

Maybe people’s playoffs don’t start til Week 22 or 23?

As long as he’s playing by then I’m happy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, justaguy said:

I think Len is the one that loses the most minutes here. I can see a timeshare unfolding between Giles and Richaun, with Giles starting given the chemistry he has developed with the starters. 

Yup. Healthy Richaun would eat Len's lunch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 10:29 AM, mtx said:

How is everyone still so upbeat????? After this current week it's a crappy 2-game week for SAC next week.... even if you manage to pick up Holmes w/ minutes restrictions for next week what good is that?? It's time to look at plan B / C if you haven't already.

 

Yup, I've got Week 22-24 in 2/3 leagues I'm in; it's why I loaded up on Suns, Kings, Sixers, and Raptors players who have 11 games total in Weeks 22-24 for the playoffs, yet have a 2 game week next week.  I thought it's standard for many leagues to have the same schedule.  But yeah, if your PO week starts next week, probably best not to touch Holmes.

 

On 3/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, worldclass said:

I think he’s kind of risky still. Most of the time, a labral tear requires surgery. They tried using PRP shot to get blood to the correct spot of his shoulder. Blood flow tends to not easily get there, thus the tear doesnt heal correctly. If he re-injures the shoulder, or if it isn’t 100% healed (which I’d say is unlikely to be 100% healed, estimates say it’s 8 to 12 weeks before a player would be ready to play without surgery) then he’d be shut down for the season and have to have surgery, which is 4 months recovery (same injury as Collins), which would be a huge setback for him for next season. So understand the risks with him before buying.

 

You're totally right.  In my own experience (had a partial labrum tear 8 months ago), I didn't need surgery; I rested, did my PT, and used a ton of pain meds as I gradually increased my exercise routines.  But yeah, it hurt like crazy to simply move my arm above my head, and I was seriously considering PRP injections.  Took about 3 months before I could play sports or lift heavy.  However, I do think Holmes CAN play.  It's just that he's probably gonna be limited and handled carefully, given the Kings have Giles and Holmes' game is heavily athletic-based with bruising and active movement.  It does help that the Kings have a sliver of PO hope, so it's possible they use him for a push.  

I'm guessing he won't be Top 30 anymore, but maybe Top 75-100 production is possible.  I'd be totally happy if he reaches about 18-22 minutes, ramping up to about 25 when the fantasy POs start.

 

Also, he's progressed to 2-2 work.  Still not 5-5, but if he can start practicing this week, the Kings have the luxury of easing him in with only 2 games next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck guys. Dropped him for RJ Barrett. I'm locked in the playoffs without a bye week, so I can't depend on this guy next week with only 2 games and uncertainty that he's even playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

Good luck guys. Dropped him for RJ Barrett. I'm locked in the playoffs without a bye week, so I can't depend on this guy next week with only 2 games and uncertainty that he's even playing.

Why would you ever roster RJ in a league with percentages and TOs?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

Good luck guys. Dropped him for RJ Barrett. I'm locked in the playoffs without a bye week, so I can't depend on this guy next week with only 2 games and uncertainty that he's even playing.

RJ Barrett. Woof.

And that's coming from me, Coach K. 

Edited by CoachK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cleared for full contact practice. Not playing tomorrow, but he'll probably be back in a game or two after tomorrow. 

 

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please oh please come back next week ... even though it’s only a 2 game week, perfect time to get his legs back under him.

been floundering in the final playoff spot holding so many injured jerks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.