Crazycanto

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

21 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

I guess he has a 1% chance to play

Which means hes super close so this is great news to be upgraded from being listed as out to doubtful.

Posted (edited)

don’t get why people are excited to see him back next week when he’s probably going to be on minutes restriction for another 1-2 weeks, he’s been a disappointment, a 2-3 week timetable basically turned into a 6 week timetable, i mean it ain’t his fault he got injured, just saying from a fantasy standpoint

Edited by imaginarykid
  • Like 1

Minutes restrictions vary in how long they last on a case by case basis, so I wouldn't be surprised to get early mid round value for semi finals and finals. His 2 game week during 1st week of playoffs doesn't help but he doesn't play until Wednesday that week so make your adds now to try and find a guy who has a b2b mon/tue, keep Holmes on IL even if he returns and swap him out Wednesday. Now you have a 4 game week. 

Richaun is a gamer. He will play the same way he always plays: hard.

I have a feeling once he is out there, Walton will have no choice but to play Richaun his regular minutes. Because Richaun is an unstoppable force. (And Alex Len has been getting 20+ minutes.)

That said, if I had to guess, I expect him to miss tonight, and ramp up over this weekend. I'm keeping him on IL until I get some more news.

• Like 4

If your PO's begin next week and you aren't assured a bye or 1st round W, I'd have already dropped.  2 game week capped at 20 minutes isn't doing you much, even if he can hit the ground running.  Holding onto him through that in hopes that he gets rolling for weeks 22-23 is not a safe bet, imo.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 80version said:

If your PO's begin next week and you aren't assured a bye or 1st round W, I'd have already dropped.  2 game week capped at 20 minutes isn't doing you much, even if he can hit the ground running.  Holding onto him through that in hopes that he gets rolling for weeks 22-23 is not a safe bet, imo.  

It's the 4 game week the following week that is intriguing, but most likely also a death trap..... no way he gets up to 25-30 minutes this early on and even if he does, Giles / Len are playing well enough right now.

Why we continue to hold onto him is beyond mystery.....best case scenario for fantasy GMs was shutting him down rest of year but nope, we continue to get strung along like there is any meaning to all of this.

1 minute ago, mtx said:

....best case scenario for fantasy GMs was shutting him down rest of year but nope, we continue to get strung along like there is any meaning to all of this.

Reminding me of RoCo's 2018/19.  Held on in several leagues until they finally announced he was shut down, mercifully killing any hope he would return ahead of fantasy PO's.  

5 minutes ago, mtx said:

It's the 4 game week the following week that is intriguing, but most likely also a death trap..... no way he gets up to 25-30 minutes this early on and even if he does, Giles / Len are playing well enough right now.

Why we continue to hold onto him is beyond mystery.....best case scenario for fantasy GMs was shutting him down rest of year but nope, we continue to get strung along like there is any meaning to all of this.

I'm hoping he's better than my end of roster options. The WW is bare man.

Idk why but I’m so optimistic about this. I just finished watching his interview following practice and I can see the hunger in his eyes. If Kings continue to play like this then after 2 weeks he’ll be back to 25-30 a night. Count your lucky stars I swear this guy is bringing home ships this year 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mtx said:

this is what i’m trynna say, all the other people being overly optimistic are probably sitting pretty with a bye in the first round lmao

6 minutes ago, imaginarykid said:

would you have a Holmes on minutes restriction coming off the bench competing with Giles, or a hot FA like Reid? Your take is as stupid as it gets, keep that same energy when he plays 18 min a game off the bench for the next 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, imaginarykid said:

this is what i’m trynna say, all the other people being overly optimistic are probably sitting pretty with a bye in the first round lmao

hes sitting on my IR slot, so its not an issue either way for me. if you have stashed all this time without an IR, thats your own stupidity. Kings can realistically grab the 8th playoff spot and if they stay within reach, there is no reason to keep him on a minutes restriction for more than a few games. Reid also had a week straight of garbage games and just strung 2 good games together, so i would most certainly take my chances with Holmes coming back than Naz keeping up his play especially with KAT possibly coming back all but destroying Naz....

I'm just deciding when to post the "IT'S HAPPENING" gif.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man, this is the kind of guy I don't mind waiting for on my IL ... Dude actually WANTS to play and is working hard to get there even despite all the setbacks he's faced.

It's nice that the Kings kinda sorta have a (long)shot at the 8th seed in the West, so they'll be motivated to grind it out with Holmes.  

Sure, Giles has played well, but other than those two, they really don't have much of a C battle unless they actually play Len more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWon said:

Man, this is the kind of guy I don't mind waiting for on my IL ... Dude actually WANTS to play and is working hard to get there even despite all the setbacks he's faced.

It's nice that the Kings kinda sorta have a (long)shot at the 8th seed in the West, so they'll be motivated to grind it out with Holmes.  

Sure, Giles has played well, but other than those two, they really don't have much of a C battle unless they actually play Len more.

Giles played 15 minutes tonight... do you think the dude is done with holmes coming back?

10 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Giles played 15 minutes tonight... do you think the dude is done with holmes coming back?

Yes. Did we forget Holmes numbers before he went down with injuries? Before Bagley came back, he crushed it. Bagley came back, he continued to crush it. Holmes is safe in the Kings lineup when healthy. 

10 hours ago, MWon said:

Holmes is a straight up hustler. I'm glad he was able to show out this season. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They are hinting he may play both b2b games. Which speaks volumes to Holmes work ethic. He prob never let up and was keeping his condition tip top this whole time (weight room reports couple wks back). Bigs who come back after an extended break usually always go thru a rusty period of poor conditioning...*cough* Embiid *cough*, if he’s ready for both sat/sun games this might not be so bad with Holmes 

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

They are hinting he may play both b2b games. Which speaks volumes to Holmes work ethic. He prob never let up and was keeping his condition tip top this whole time (weight room reports couple wks back). Bigs who come back after an extended break usually always go thru a rusty period of poor conditioning...*cough* Embiid *cough*, if he’s ready for both sat/sun games this might not be so bad with Holmes 

Just watching him play you can see how much he wants it. Hes like this is my chance to earn a long career in the NBA and im tired of being overlooked because he H-US-T-L-E-S like CRAZY when playing.

ESPN removing his IR eligibility while he us only questionable tomorrow.  There is blood on their hands if he doesn’t play...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Steele2786 said:

ESPN removing his IR eligibility while he us only questionable tomorrow.  There is blood on their hands if he doesn’t play...

Espn removed IR eligibility on guys like Oubre, Towns and Bagley as well. Espn gonna espn.

I will deploy and take the stinker on the chin, you guys leave him on your benches, I got this one