Crazycanto

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

18 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

They can't play him and Bagley together because neither can shoot 3s. Even if Bagley hits the odd 3, defenses will ignore him, sag off screens, and pack the paint. Holmes will be money until Bagley is back. After that, who knows what will happen with the rotation. You are hoping Holmes can stay around 24 minutes which is enough to return value in standard leagues. 

Montrezl 2018-19 minutes would be just fine

2 minutes ago, ShowTyme said:

I want to jump on this train so bad but my league caps 3 centers a team and I already got gobert, bryant and mitch rob. I want to risk it all though for the Holmes express 😭

3? That’s so lame 😩 we need more passengers 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, doomz said:

Montrezl 2018-19 minutes would be just fine

But if these 32+ minutes games become the norm... watch out. Also, I watched the game last night and the Kings couldn’t afford to keep him off the court. I don’t see how they don’t play him at least 28 minutes every night if they care about winning even a little bit.

• Like 1

Lol this guy might be better than bagley... looks phenomenal. Really hard to tell if he will maintain value when bagley returns so I wouldn't get too excited, but seems like you're getting another month of excellent easily ownable play. Realistically looking at this, what are the options for when bagley returns? 

1) Bagley comes back and dedmon becomes ownable again (dedmon worthless without bagley around) 

2) Holmes/Bagley start together - probably not going to happen unless Holmes starts making 3s, but its possible

3) Bagley/ Bjelica - very possible but if dedmon gets his stride back, I doubt they go with bjelica over dedmon 

4) Bagley/Giles - they tried it and its okay... not great but maybe do able. Still not likely to happen since dedmon or bjelica are the better fit 

5) Holmes breaks out huge and bagley loses minutes and they do some value killing time share for everyone playing PF/C on that team

6) Holmes/Dedmon for 4 weeks or so (if dedmon stops sucking). still early in the year he might find his stride, stop being an idiot and start making 3s. 

I can't think of any other realistic scenarios and Giles could complicate things even more. Theres potential for bjelica to hold year long end of roster value so keep an eye on him. 

All I can conclude is, enjoy the 4 week Holmes ride but don't expect it to last and don't trade for him. Trading him away if you picked him up already in a week or 2 could do you a lot of good. The long term outlook just isn't there with bagley around. 

• Thanks 2

James Ham is reporting that the Kings declined Harry Giles's option.  

If so, that is an absolutely massive boost to Holmes's ROS outlook, as it likely means they don't need to bother developing Giles for the long term. 

It's just down to Holmes and Dedmon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

that is actually good news. I can see Holmes getting 30 mins a night with the energy he brings, they need him on the court

19 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

If so, that is an absolutely massive boost to Holmes's ROS outlook, as it likely means they don't need to bother developing Giles for the long term. 

19 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Bravo! Couldn't . agree. more. ...Strong close reading of this information as well... cheers to all my Holmies!!!

7 minutes ago, 80version said:

3th round value confirmed.

Im gettin 3thty

Dedmond is no competition evident by him playing 4 minutes last night even though they needed the 3 ball to help cut their deficit. Holmes is young and hungry while dedmond is relatively speaking old (30 isnt old although apprearance wise he looks 50 years old) and seems content since he got paid.

• Haha 2

Hopefully he can continue to excel.  Should be a fun ride sounds like minutes will be there.

Edited by laurilegend

7 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Damn he’s doing so well someone just dropped Jingles for him 

They hype is real. Rotoworld "advice" can almost always be taken with a grain of salt but them saying this could be a league winning move picking this dude up is all you need to know.

55 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

They hype is real. Rotoworld "advice" can almost always be taken with a grain of salt but them saying this could be a league winning move picking this dude up is all you need to know.

Honestly I had this guy when he was in Philly and in limited time he was always nice. Gets boards and blocks with high FG%. If he plays 30min plus he’s worth it 

Dropped BroLo for this guy in a shallow league. His highlights are ridic. 
reminds me of when we all realised Hassan could ball a few years back....... literally came from nowhere. Hope he keeps getting minutes and improving 

14 minutes ago, Muggsy said:

Dropped BroLo for this guy in a shallow league. His highlights are ridic. 
reminds me of when we all realised Hassan could ball a few years back....... literally came from nowhere. Hope he keeps getting minutes and improving 

Do you play in an 8 team league? Im sure BroLo couldnt have been your worst player.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Do you play in an 8 team league? Im sure BroLo couldnt have been your worst player.

Yeah it’s 8-team. 
Brolo was my worst player IMO, and I’ve been playing fantasy a long time 😉

Egh league winner may be a bit much. It's hard because you gotta jump on just in case.

2 minutes ago, Steele2786 said:

Did he not get the start tonight?  Walton is going to ruin this isn’t he...

he did, but he immediately got into foul trouble. Kings look awful with Dedmon on the court tho, Holmes is back in.

Edited by doomz

1 minute ago, doomz said:

he did, but he immediately got into foul trouble. Kings look awful with Dedmon on the court tho, Holmes is back in.

Thanks.  That makes me feel better, thought he went with Dedmon.  Shouldn’t even be a competition.  

The fact that the Kings are willing to put him out there against Gobert in the second quarter, even with foul trouble, already says a lot.

Don't panic.

• Thanks 1