Dirty Little Birdie

Damion Lee 2019-2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, YaZB said:

quick question: Malik Beasley or Damion Lee?

someone please enlighten me

id go lee - much better opportunity and clearer run at mins. Russell and KAT gna dominate most of the shots/possession and the rest can fight it out for minor stats

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KellyOubre4MVP said:

He's been playing solid for a bit now, how does his value hold when Steph gets back?

Subtract 25 pts, 6 assts, and 5 rebs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KellyOubre4MVP said:

He's been playing solid for a bit now, how does his value hold when Steph gets back?

Seriously though, either affects Bowman or Lee, with Wiggins moving back to his SF position. I think Lee starts next to Steph and also I don't see Steph finishing out the season in the last few weeks. So if you have Lee and has a secured seed in the playoffs, he can shine but not as much as now. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I pretty much agree with NBA_OG in the post above. I think Curry's arrival won't hurt Lee as much as some experts have said. This team has such a poor array of wing guards, and traded 2 of them away. Curry needs his Klay. Who on this team would play that role? I think they will play Curry/Lee/Wiggins in the 1/2/3. 

Which means, I think Lee can be fine.

So Lee started, and has played even after Curry went out. Lee is doing a lot of handling with the 2nd team too.

I'm here to say the pundits are wrong, and Lee will thrive with Curry around. More open looks, and more steady minutes since the rotation will be more set. 

He will channel Klay. 

• Like 2

What did I tell ya? He is useful on both starting and bench teams. Lee will eat.

And he is doing this against Toronto's swarming perimeter defense.

• Like 2

ooooh sucks. those 2 missed FT. could have made it more exciting. hurts in fantasy and reality...

Tonight reminded me it's a game of gladiators. Did you see Lee's face at the end of the game? He got great offense tonight, but also gave up 37 points to Norm Powell. And missed two key free throws at the end. Undrafted, on a 2-way contract that got converted. Lee is playing for his NBA life.

At least they won't play the Raptors every night.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wow, what is the opposite word for clutch? I would use that for Damion Lee tonight. 4 points down with 1.5 minute to go, missed ft one, missed ft two. Oreb from Chriss, pass back to Lee who is totally alone at the three point line - missed. Wiggins fights his way through, gets the Oreb, pass out to Lee, he can't handle the ball, ball gets stolen, clear path foul from Lee. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ca3f9713fadb4b2e32

Edited by dorwell