Sign in to follow this  
lokidestroyer

Jeremy Lamb 2019-2020 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Easy 5th-6th option imo. That team is stacked. Turner, Sabonis, Warren, Dipo, Brogdon. 

u mean 1st option as 6th man off the bench when everyone's healthy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

u mean 1st option as 6th man off the bench when everyone's healthy

True. But i think his minutes suffer in the process. Maybe mid 20’s max. The aforementioned team is going to close out games, so he’s going to miss those valuable 4th Q closing minutes + overtime if ever. Other valuable 6th men in the nba like lou will, manu back in the day etc, all are awesome stats wise because they closed out games for their team.

1 hour ago, Lockdown said:

True. But i think his minutes suffer in the process. Maybe mid 20’s max. The aforementioned team is going to close out games, so he’s going to miss those valuable 4th Q closing minutes + overtime if ever. Other valuable 6th men in the nba like lou will, manu back in the day etc, all are awesome stats wise because they closed out games for their team.

Too early to speculate, still dont know for sure when Oladipo will return and for how long the pacers will limit him. Lamb averaged 28 min past season where he was top 90 in averages and top 40 for overall in 9 cat. He was drafted this season in that 85-90 range, he was putting up top 35-40 before the ankle injury.

Lamb will Definitely be on floor down the stretch when he returns..They are in need of a scorer...Just may take handful of games to get back in swing of things. This guy can knock em down

23 minutes ago, SJS24 said:

Lamb will Definitely be on floor down the stretch when he returns..They are in need of a scorer...Just may take handful of games to get back in swing of things. This guy can knock em down

Yes, because there are injuries to the team right now. My previous post was referring to if everyone's healthy in the starting five. If you say otherwise, who sits? Turner, Sabonis, Warren, Oladipo Or Brogdon? 

Indiana is too deep imo. But yeah, as DazedandConfused said, even if he doesn't get the closing minutes, and he gets 25 mins max, he can still be a great asset, just like last year with 20+ mins.

• Like 1

Last year sabonis came off the bench. Is he and turner starting side by side now? I would think lamb starts at sf? And maybe warren becomes the sixth man off the bench? We’ll just have to wait and see. So far, Lamb has been disappointing with his injuries. He produces when he plays though. No doubt about that.

1 minute ago, Cpxaztec said:

Last year sabonis came off the bench. Is he and turner starting side by side now? I would think lamb starts at sf? And maybe warren becomes the sixth man off the bench? We’ll just have to wait and see. So far, Lamb has been disappointing with his injuries. He produces when he plays though. No doubt about that.

Yes they are starting side by side now. Both can space the floor and are quite good together imo. They need Sabonis due to his great passing out of the post and his awesome rebounding. Turner also stretches the floor for them so it's great. Warren is just a walking bucket. He's also better than Lamb defensively, and can guard SF/PFs, so opposing teams can't just switcharoo. Lamb is more suited to guarding SG/SFs. In my opinion if it's just pure scoring Warren is more of a scorer than Lamb. He also takes the most shot attempts in the team. He's averaging 15.2 a game.

I still think if everyone's healthy, Lamb sits in the closing. But in no way do I say that Lamb isn't a good fantasy asset whether starting or coming off the bench. He does produce, even given 20+ mins, no doubt. Not being able to play the closing just caps his possible upside.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:29 AM, Lockdown said:

over his few games played hes already averaged more shots and mins than last year. he should be able to replicate at least what he did last year in the high 20s, luckily low 30s with some other injuries.

On 11/17/2019 at 12:37 AM, KellyOubre4MVP said:

Does anything think he might be the 2nd-3rd offensive option even when dipo is back? Or is he gonna be slotted into 4-5th option range

hrmmm...

dipo
brogdon
lamb or warren
turner
sabonis?

Whose gonna be 6th man... 

21 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

hrmmm...

dipo
brogdon
lamb or warren
turner
sabonis?

Whose gonna be 6th man... 

I hope Lamb
leading the second unit is better for his production

On 11/17/2019 at 9:35 PM, Lockdown said:

Yes, because there are injuries to the team right now. My previous post was referring to if everyone's healthy in the starting five. If you say otherwise, who sits? Turner, Sabonis, Warren, Oladipo Or Brogdon? 

Indiana is too deep imo. But yeah, as DazedandConfused said, even if he doesn't get the closing minutes, and he gets 25 mins max, he can still be a great asset, just like last year with 20+ mins.

Yeah, this last game just highlighted another player in Mitrou-long. The Holiday brothers continue to be effective, the emerging Goga, McDermott,McConell, pretty damn deep.

I'm even slightly considering moving my Brogdon now due to Holiday and McConnel's play.

They might have a Denver situation with everyone healthy. Then again, so many on this team is injury prone.

I think the offense pecking order will look like:

Sabonis

Oladipo

Brogdon

Turner

Lamb/Warren

The last slot might come down to who's playing the better defense.

1 hour ago, SkalChriston said:

Yeah, this last game just highlighted another player in Mitrou-long. The Holiday brothers continue to be effective, the emerging Goga, McDermott,McConell, pretty damn deep.

I'm even slightly considering moving my Brogdon now due to Holiday and McConnel's play.

They might have a Denver situation with everyone healthy. Then again, so many on this team is injury prone.

I think the offense pecking order will look like:

Sabonis

Oladipo

Brogdon

Turner

Lamb/Warren

The last slot might come down to who's playing the better defense.

Turner the 4th option ... yeah I don't see that at all , hes 2nd or 3rd if anything 

Does anyone know when he's going to play? Such slow recovery

6 minutes ago, Abhi said:

Does anyone know when he's going to play? Such slow recovery

I’m expecting this friday. Pacers only have 2 games this week. He was already questionable yesterday and with 4 days off  until friday he should be able to get back out there... Hopefully. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:57 PM, RunCMC said:

Turner the 4th option ... yeah I don't see that at all , hes 2nd or 3rd if anything 

the man takes like 10 shots a game and hes 2nd or 3rd option? lol ok

5 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

the man takes like 10 shots a game and hes 2nd or 3rd option? lol ok

I may have exaggerated the 2nd option part, but fully healthy it will be a different story . The numbers are skewed right now for Sabonis especially , Warren, and even Lamb. This is how I see it will play out. Honestly I much rather Jeremy come off the bench and lead the second unit , more opportunity for stuffing the stat sheet. 

1. Victor

2. Brogdon

3. Turner / Sabonis

4. Lamb

6 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I may have exaggerated the 2nd option part, but fully healthy it will be a different story . The numbers are skewed right now for Sabonis especially , Warren, and even Lamb. This is how I see it will play out. Honestly I much rather Jeremy come off the bench and lead the second unit , more opportunity for stuffing the stat sheet. 

1. Victor

2. Brogdon

3. Turner / Sabonis

4. Lamb

well if u wanna talk about it, sabonis is definitely ahead of turner, he will take like almost 2x the amount of shots. Turner is not aggressive or selfish so... ya i mean Lamb may even get more shots than him. 

Edit: he was healthy last year and still took 10 shots

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Haha 1

Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

well if u wanna talk about it, sabonis is definitely ahead of turner, he will take like almost 2x the amount of shots. Turner is not aggressive or selfish so... ya i mean Lamb may even get more shots than him. 

Sabonis wont be getting 2x amount of shots as Turner.. thats ridiculous. His attempts per game this year has gone through the roof exactly because Turner was injured. Anyways moving on now, beating a dead bush here . 

Will I see a Sixers situation here where a random starter blows up in any given game? Of course, you'll have Oladipo taking the alpha role (20+ ppg, like Embiid), then a secondary scorer (17ppg? Sabonis? Brogdon?), then a bunch of 14ppg players (Turner? Lamb? Warren?).

• Like 1

Jeremy Lamb (left ankle sprain) said he practiced in full on Thursday and plans to play on Saturday against the Magic.

Lamb will be returning from a seven-game absence, which will likely shift Justin Holiday back to the second unit and Aaron Holiday will take a fairly large hit. Lamb may be limited in his first game back from a lengthy layoff, so he won't be the best DFS target, but he should be fine to activate in season-long settings.

Are you guys trying to sell Lamb before Dipo returns or do you guys think there's a chance his fantasy output remains the same??