Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

you guys ready for Rotoworld mock draft 1????

tonycpsu

f you'd like to follow along with the picks in this draft, you can do so here.

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Why wouldn't he be available?

Weird stuff going on in the chat.  Showing Cole was drafted and members only picked bellinger and Lindor 

4 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Must be a glitch in the matrix.  Draft results are showing meh2 with Bellinger and MO76 with Lindor,

yep. should be fine going forward.  draft results at top are accurate. Cole is available.

good luck have fun.  btw, ballsy Bregman pick at number 3 brady

Yes I know. But I like him and he is a great all around hitter, always healthy and in a great lineup. He is my number two player this year after Trout. I reached for him a bunch last year and it paid off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradyp713 said:

Yes I know. But I like him and he is a great all around hitter, always healthy and in a great lineup. He is my number two player this year after Trout. I reached for him a bunch last year and it paid off.

im a huge fan too.  i prob have him more in the 7-9 range because i cant pass up 20+ steals in the first

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

I have Bregman 4th. Qualifies at SS and 3b. Acuna, Yelich, Trout, Bregman for now.

tough time taking him over Lindor, story and betts.  i can take him over bellinger tho

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

Wondering if Cole will dip into the 2nd round

I'm sitting this one out, so it doesn't really affect me, but just FYI, it's considered bad form to bring up players who haven't been picked yet.

• Like 2

Just a few questions:

1) Whats going on with paintingtheblack ? He's used up all 8 hours. Do we need a replacement?

2) When you click on 'average draft pick times' it says that parrothead and brockpapersizer are on 'auto pick'. Does that mean they set up their que and are letting it automatically draft based on it (i.e. parrothead had an average draft selection time of 2 seconds) or does it mean they are just auto picking the next ranked?

:)

Yeah so since Brockpapersizer was on 'auto' he auto selected gerrit cole in 2 seconds. Not sure if that means he meant to do that via a preselected que or what. 

@shakestreet is on the clock now. 

Another timed pick - Verlander over Cole?  Probably not realistic.  At least Acuna in the #1 spot is where I think a lot of drafts will be, I picked 2nd but had Acuna 1 and Trout 2.  

Just now, CrypTviLL said:

Yeah so since Brockpapersizer was on 'auto' he auto selected gerrit cole in 2 seconds. Not sure if that means he meant to do that via a preselected que or what. 

Im sure it did, you can set up your Queue as you like and autodraft from the queue.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

I'm sitting this one out, so it doesn't really affect me, but just FYI, it's considered bad form to bring up players who haven't been picked yet.

Agree, discussion should be perhaps about who is picked or trends...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Just a few questions:

1) Whats going on with paintingtheblack ? He's used up all 8 hours. Do we need a replacement?

2) When you click on 'average draft pick times' it says that parrothead and brockpapersizer are on 'auto pick'. Does that mean they set up their que and are letting it automatically draft based on it (i.e. parrothead had an average draft selection time of 2 seconds) or does it mean they are just auto picking the next ranked?

:)

I ranked my own queue had Acuna 1 and Trout 2, then put my settings to Auto pick from Queue - the overall rankings are kind of "off" so if you timeout and dont pick who knows who you will end up with, hence the Verlander at pick 9 example, its not aweful, but in the 3 mocks Pitcher List just did, I think he never went before 13 or 14 and Im guessing never before Cole, so a little unrealistic blip on the draft, but at the end of the day, its not like someone took a guy that ranks no.76 at no.9, he is consensus top 15 pick.  

• Like 1

Went with

SS Trea Turner - I've had a soft spot for Turner for the past several years. For whatever reason I love his speed mixed with some decent power. He's failed me year after year as he's often gotten injured, but theoretically, this should keep me competitive in speed throughout the entire draft.

OF Juan Soto - This was a real tough pick between him and a few other hitters at this stage. I went with Soto due to potential and general consensus of rankings. Soto's regularly been a first rounder. I wanted some power and RBIs to go with my speed from Turner and this should do it. It's especially nice in a 5 OF league to get a top tier OF. I wanted Arenado, but he went the pick right before me to shakestreet.

I'm happy with the start, but being at the 12th spot has me constantly worried about runs, mainly on SP.

• Like 1

Round 1 Results

# Pick Player Team
1 1.1 Acuna Jr., Ronald (ATL-OF) UberRebel
2 1.2 Trout, Mike (LAA-OF) parrothead
3 1.3 Bregman, Alex (HOU-3B) bradyp713
4 1.4 Yelich, Christian (MIL-OF) MSkibisky
5 1.5 Betts, Mookie (BOS-OF) kidtwentytwo
6 1.6 Bellinger, Cody (LAD-OF) meh2
7 1.7 Lindor, Francisco (CLE-SS) Members_Only_76
8 1.8 Story, Trevor (COL-SS) jfazz23
9 1.9 Verlander, Justin (HOU-P) paintingtheblack
10 1.10 Cole, Gerrit ((N/A)-P) brockpapersizer
11 1.11 Arenado, Nolan (COL-3B) shakestreet
12 1.12 Turner, Trea (WAS-SS) CrypTviLL

Picks are updated here as they're made.

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

I set it to auto for 1 pick from my queue, Had Cole/Soto in my queue with 1 pick in front of me, so I was going to take whichever. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I set it to auto for 1 pick from my queue, Had Cole/Soto in my queue with 1 pick in front of me, so I was going to take whichever. 

Ok cool, just making sure. Nice to know that I can do that too so when I sleep I won't mess up the draft :). 

3 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Ok cool, just making sure. Nice to know that I can do that too so when I sleep I won't mess up the draft :). 

Yeah I think it's a good tool to use for anyone here. Under settings auto pick 1, and make sure you select "only autopick from queue". If you're on the ends or second from the end and know who you want and dont care about positions, you can autopick 2 if you have enough people in your queue. 

Currently I'm in between 2 guys for my next pick, hoping @shakestreet makes it easy, not sure who I would take if both were available, so I don't have it on autopick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

Went with

SS Trea Turner - I've had a soft spot for Turner for the past several years. For whatever reason I love his speed mixed with some decent power. He's failed me year after year as he's often gotten injured, but theoretically, this should keep me competitive in speed throughout the entire draft.

OF Juan Soto - This was a real tough pick between him and a few other hitters at this stage. I went with Soto due to potential and general consensus of rankings. Soto's regularly been a first rounder. I wanted some power and RBIs to go with my speed from Turner and this should do it. It's especially nice in a 5 OF league to get a top tier OF. I wanted Arenado, but he went the pick right before me to shakestreet.

I'm happy with the start, but being at the 12th spot has me constantly worried about runs, mainly on SP.

Im a sucker for Turner also - he would of been my choice from about pick 6 onward.  Looking at Pitcher Lists' recent expert Mocks, they did 12-teamers and 3 groups of 12 experts and he went picks 4-6 and 7, in their staff mocks in only one of them did he go higher than 9.