Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

you guys ready for Rotoworld mock draft 1????

tonycpsu

f you'd like to follow along with the picks in this draft, you can do so here.

Message added by tonycpsu

59 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

just went @Members_Only_76 otc

went with Jo Ram.  think he has a bounce back and is still capable of 30 homers and 25 SB. with upside

BIG upside. This guy's second half was league winning. Always been a huge JoRam fan. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

BIG upside. This guy's second half was league winning. Always been a huge JoRam fan. 

ya, gonna be all over him in the 2nd unless i have a pick right at the turn

Plan was to draft 2 SP on the turn.  Wanted Bieber and Clevinger.  Went with Clevinger and then had to make choice between my next favorite SP or a bat.  Decided to go wtih SP.  TBD is that is the right call.

• Like 1

Round 2 Results

# Pick Player Team
13 2.1 Soto, Juan (WAS-OF) CrypTviLL
14 2.2 Scherzer, Max (WAS-P) shakestreet
15 2.3 Freeman, Freddie (ATL-1B) brockpapersizer
16 2.4 Tatis Jr., Fernando (SD-SS) sngehl01
17 2.5 Ramirez, Jose (CLE-3B) jfazz23
18 2.6 deGrom, Jacob (NYM-P) Members_Only_76
19 2.7 Buehler, Walker (LAD-P) meh2
20 2.8 Devers, Rafael (BOS-3B) kidtwentytwo
21 2.9 Rendon, Anthony ((N/A)-3B) MSkibisky
22 2.10 Bieber, Shane (CLE-P) bradyp713
23 2.11 Harper, Bryce (PHI-OF) parrothead
24 2.12 Clevinger, Mike (CLE-P) UberRebel

Picks are updated here as they're made.

• Thanks 1

Really debated Freeman vs Degrom at pick 15. Seeing all the multiple lesser pitchers go in the same round makes me think if this was a real league, I'd be better off just taking Degrom and trading one in season. Amazing Value on Degrom at 18 IMO. I do really enjoy Freeman though, he's a 4 category stud and reliable. First base isn't that deep. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, svdude said:

Plan was to draft 2 SP on the turn.  Wanted Bieber and Clevinger.  Went with Clevinger and then had to make choice between my next favorite SP or a bat.  Decided to go wtih SP.  TBD is that is the right call.

oh ok, that was you.  i thought someone replaced uber

i love both pitchers but i dont like taking 2 pitchers in the first 3 rounds.  i think you are going to be at a disadvantage offensively now

35 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Really debated Freeman vs Degrom at pick 15. Seeing all the multiple lesser pitchers go in the same round makes me think if this was a real league, I'd be better off just taking Degrom and trading one in season. Amazing Value on Degrom at 18 IMO. I do really enjoy Freeman though, he's a 4 category stud and reliable. First base isn't that deep. 

i also thought about Degrom over JoRam.  but i couldnt pass up JoRams 290+ 30+ 25sb+ potential

edit: also, if you can remember...we  might want to tag people here after you pick.  its not a big deal if you dont. some of you might be on phones and its hard

Edited by jfazz23

One reveal that these mocks give is trying to navigate the concept of where you want to pick - last year I really felt like 1-2 picks had big advantage because to me players with similar "grades" stretched to the early 3rd round, so you got the elite guy with the 1 or 2, then your 2nd and 3rd round picks last year IMO were equal to what people were taking with their 1-2.  This year I feel like there is a glob of guys with first round grades that runs out around the middle of the 2nd round.   

I went into meeting and put 4 guys in my queue - Degrom, Beuhler and the two 3B, devers and rendon and they went 4 in a row mid 2nd.  

Took Harper - like him in that late 2nd early 3rd ADP - tend to be a guy who looks at FA in their 2nd year a bit more favorably.   3rd Round I was really flipping coins - every position I looked at the guy remaning at or near the top I felt like there were 3-5 similar guys at the position - with the exception of what I saw at catcher - Realmuto is the only 5 category contributor at the position, his 90 runs blows the doors off most, and in 2-catcher leagues, I tend to go that route.  Its kind of like my approach to TE in football, if I have an elite one I tend to like my team a lot better.  

25 minutes ago, parrothead said:

One reveal that these mocks give is trying to navigate the concept of where you want to pick - last year I really felt like 1-2 picks had big advantage because to me players with similar "grades" stretched to the early 3rd round, so you got the elite guy with the 1 or 2, then your 2nd and 3rd round picks last year IMO were equal to what people were taking with their 1-2.  This year I feel like there is a glob of guys with first round grades that runs out around the middle of the 2nd round.   

I went into meeting and put 4 guys in my queue - Degrom, Beuhler and the two 3B, devers and rendon and they went 4 in a row mid 2nd.  

Took Harper - like him in that late 2nd early 3rd ADP - tend to be a guy who looks at FA in their 2nd year a bit more favorably.   3rd Round I was really flipping coins - every position I looked at the guy remaning at or near the top I felt like there were 3-5 similar guys at the position - with the exception of what I saw at catcher - Realmuto is the only 5 category contributor at the position, his 90 runs blows the doors off most, and in 2-catcher leagues, I tend to go that route.  Its kind of like my approach to TE in football, if I have an elite one I tend to like my team a lot better.  

i think I want to either draft first 4 picks of last 3.  I had Betts as my 4th overall but If he was taken in not sure what I’d do.  Bellinger I guess?  I like Cole but I’m kinda over the pitcher in the first round now. 

i like the Harper pick.  I almost took him in the 2nd over devers, but since so many RW posters like to s--- on him, I figured there was an outside chance he’d drop into the 3rd.

40 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

oh ok, that was you.  i thought someone replaced uber

i love both pitchers but i dont like taking 2 pitchers in the first 3 rounds.  i think you are going to be at a disadvantage offensively now

Yea, I probably should have taken another bat, but honestly just wasn't in love with anyone and have players I think I can get later. 

Agree that later pick in the draft might be better, than 1 or 2.  

Edit - Now that he's picked, the guy I was most considering was Baez.

Edited by svdude
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, svdude said:

Yea, I probably should have taken another bat, but honestly just wasn't in love with anyone and have players I think I can get later. 

Agree that later pick in the draft might be better, than 1 or 2.  

Edit - Now that he's picked, the guy I was most considering was Baez.

it happens, thats why we mock

@MSkibisky otc

1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

i think I want to either draft first 4 picks of last 3.  I had Betts as my 4th overall but If he was taken in not sure what I’d do.  Bellinger I guess?  I like Cole but I’m kinda over the pitcher in the first round now. 

i like the Harper pick.  I almost took him in the 2nd over devers, but since so many RW posters like to s--- on him, I figured there was an outside chance he’d drop into the 3rd.

I crap on him a lot, well I actually dont crap on him so much as what I call the Harperheads of the past - lots of years where his production would suggest this is about where he should go like mid 2nd round and he would have an ADP of like 6 - drove me nuts.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Realmuto in the 3rd round is interesting 

the catcher spot is always one of the wild cards and like I explained it was a combination of my philosophy on catchers, who was left in the draft and really the flying blind of an early mock especially because a lot of the mock data like Pitcher List, is a 1-C league which is a totally different animal, no way I take him here in a 1 C league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

@sngehl01 otc

glad you didnt take Marte.  really wanted Judge, Marte or JDM.  you cant not take  an OF in the first 3 rounds if its a 5 OF league

also, i like Gleyber slightly better than Altuve at this point.  i think Altuve's running days are over

10 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

also, i like Gleyber slightly better than Altuve at this point.  i think Altuve's running days are over

agree - I strongly considered Gleyber when I took JTR - 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Damn, sorry on the delay. When I went to bed skibisky was up. 
Gleyber was the only player in my queue. 🤬

You are back on the clock :)

Round 3 Results

# Pick Player Team
25 3.1 Flaherty, Jack (STL-P) UberRebel
26 3.2 Realmuto, J.T. (PHI-C) parrothead
27 3.3 Baez, Javier (CHC-SS) bradyp713
28 3.4 Alonso, Pete (NYM-1B) MSkibisky
29 3.5 Judge, Aaron (NYY-OF) kidtwentytwo
30 3.6 Martinez, J.D. (BOS-OF) meh2
31 3.7 Altuve, Jose (HOU-2B) Members_Only_76
32 3.8 Marte, Starling (PIT-OF) jfazz23
33 3.9 Torres, Gleyber (NYY-2B) sngehl01
34 3.10 Strasburg, Stephen ((N/A)-P) brockpapersizer
35 3.11 Bogaerts, Xander (BOS-SS) shakestreet
36 3.12 Villar, Jonathan (MIA-2B) CrypTviLL

Picks are updated here as they're made.

• Thanks 1

Round 3 Pick 36: J. Villar - Having Villar and Turner on the team ensures i'll be competitive in steals while maintaining some home run production. It also covers 2b for me which I feel has a drop off and I wanted to avoid that drop.

Round 4, Pick 37: Y. Alvarez - All offseason I've been thinking how I don't want Alvarez on my team. I think he's a prime candidate for regression. However, the potential is there, and his power is insane. My team needs some power after spending picks on Villar/Turner. To get Alvarez and Soto on the squad gives me a chance to compete in power.

Edited by CrypTviLL