Sign in to follow this  
SHADY29

Ryan Torain 2019

When I saw "Ryan Torain 2019", I thought that Torain came out of retirement or something.  I remember him.  He was a flash in the pan, Redskins rookie rb around 2008-2009 or so.

• Haha 1

Jerome Harrison was a stud when he broke out in fantasy playoffs. They were feeding him 30-40 touches/game and he was lock-step with Jamaal Charles late season break out at the same time.

Fantasy baseball not football but Big Sexy (Bartolo Colon) is absolutely the most fun player I've ever owned in any fantasy sport. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by jumper
  • Haha 2

There was a Green Bay Packers running back about 14 years ago or so, Samken Gado or something like that?  Ah crap now I am going to have to look it up...

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There was a Green Bay Packers running back about 14 years ago or so, Samken Gado or something like that?  Ah crap now I am going to have to look it up...

That’s Dr. Samkon Gado to you.

• Thanks 1

7 pages and not a mention for

Dee Brown

dude had 3 tds during the super bowl of my Season I went undefeated all year and knocked me out

Edited by Golden Spikes

6 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

That’s Dr. Samkon Gado to you.

Awesome to see former players doing something really cool with their lives.  I had Gado on my fantasy team during that magical three-game run.  Good times.

• Like 1

7 Pages of old timer names and you guys didn't mention Mike Alstott? The All Time leader in fantasy touchdown vultures!

Fire him up!

Edited by Cdub2k

Najeh Davenport.  Packers RB.  Believe he got in some trouble for breaking into a girls dorm room and taking a dump in her closet.

Alstott was an established star for several years.  He doesn't really fit the bill for this category imo.

• Like 2

Just now, TommyKramer said:

Najeh Davenport.  Packers RB.  Believe he got in some trouble for breaking into a girls dorm room and taking a dump in her closet.

Davenport's injury cleared the way for Gado to start several games in 2005.

My leaguemate wanted to nickname Davenport "The Couch" because davenport is a vintage term for sofa that my grandmother actually used.

Davenport's Green Bay teammates, however, nicknamed him "Dookie" instead.  In the incident you are referring to, he got in trouble for defecating in her laundry basket.

Okay we all know about the Dallas Cowboy RB who stole drawers and cologne from the department store, and said that Demarco Murray left "some meat on the bone" during his runs.

But how about the Detroit Lion's RB who stole the suitcase of the new running back the team signed?

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Alstott was an established star for several years.  He doesn't really fit the bill for this category imo.

I didn't really consider him "a star". He played 10 full seasons and 1 injury shortened season and he rushed for a grand total of 5008 yards. He was a full back who vultured TD's away from Warrick Dunn (a real star) and then vultured TD's from Michael Pittman when Dunn left. Speaking of Michael Pittman someone mentioned him on page 2. Pittman had more career yards, better YPC, more receptions, and more REC yards. So is he "a star" too? As an added note Pittman did more with less career starts (82 GS vs 137 GS) than Alstott in the categories I just listed. 

Now explain to me why he's an established star, in terms of fantasy football, outside of his vulture TD's.

41 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

I didn't really consider him "a star". He played 10 full seasons and 1 injury shortened season and he rushed for a grand total of 5008 yards. He was a full back who vultured TD's away from Warrick Dunn (a real star) and then vultured TD's from Michael Pittman when Dunn left. Speaking of Michael Pittman someone mentioned him on page 2. Pittman had more career yards, better YPC, more receptions, and more REC yards. So is he "a star" too? As an added note Pittman did more with less career starts (82 GS vs 137 GS) than Alstott in the categories I just listed. 

Now explain to me why he's an established star, in terms of fantasy football, outside of his vulture TD's.

Alstott was considered a fullback not a halfback.  Considering the position the numbers he established blew the competition out if the water.  He put up good rushing numbers and was a perennial pro bowler, so yes he was a star for his time.

"Star" is a subjective term, I realize.  Alstott was a star by any reasonable definition.  But a 10-year career and multiple pro bowls are enough to easily disqualify him from this thread about random running backs who had a brief moment in the sun, Ryan Torain being the title example.

Who are you going to hit us with next, Terrel Davis?

• Like 1