Sign in to follow this  
CamNewton

WHIR: Lamar and OBJ for Chris Godwin (Full PPR)

I was just offered Lamar Jackson and OBJ for my Chris Godwin in a full PPR league. Normally this would be a no-brainer. However, I’m in a must win game this week and I believe starting Jamies and Godwin is a better play for me than Lamar/Jamies and OBJ. Should I actually turn down this offer? If I lose this week I’m out of playoffs. 

The other owner just upped the offer to Lamar, OBJ, and Gallup (which would cover my flex for Michael Thomas's bye) for Chris Godwin and Steelers D/ST. Right now I'm rolling out Jameis, Godwin, and one of Chris Conley/Dionte Johnson. I'd end up rolling out one of Jameis/Lamar, OBJ, and Gallup post-trade. Is this worth it? Again, it's a must win or I'm eliminated.

Edited by CamNewton

I definitely like Lamar over Winston but OBJ and the Browns are just terrible so I dont think hes worth anything. I do like Gallup though, he have anyone else besides OBJ he could throw in?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DoomedRBs said:

I definitely like Lamar over Winston but OBJ and the Browns are just terrible so I dont think hes worth anything. I do like Gallup though, he have anyone else besides OBJ he could throw in?

I think I've hit a maximum on what he's willing to offer. So it's...

I send: Chris Godwin and Steelers D/ST

I receive: Lamar Jackson, OBJ, and Michael Gallup

My other starters this week are Barkley, Zeke, Carson, and Keenan Allen. I would be starting one of Godwin/OBJ and one of Conley/Gallup depending on what I do with this trade.

I like Lamar & think OBJ gets going. Gallup is a nice flex this week vs NYG. But cant Beane you for going 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Get another WR instead of OBJ then do that deal. 

He won't trade Golladay.

If OBJ could just get his act together, this would be a sweet deal.  I suppose you have to do it.

Thanks for mine!

• Thanks 1

Take it. I believe in OBJ's talent winning out later this season

• Thanks 1

Lamar vs NE tho.... obj vs den..... 

what part of those matchups gives you a win this week?   And you lose Godwin.   That’s a conundrum if I’ve ever seen one.   I guess I’d click accept.    Good luck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, crazyfingers711 said:

Lamar vs NE tho.... obj vs den..... 

what part of those matchups gives you a win this week?   And you lose Godwin.   That’s a conundrum if I’ve ever seen one.   I guess I’d click accept.    Good luck 

I'd still start Jameis over Lamar this week. It's about having Lamar ROS. Godwin to OBJ is an obvious downgrade this week, but Conley or Dionte Johnson to Michael Gallup at flex is an upgrade this week.

Beckham has a very favorable schedule down the stretch, as not one remaining opponent ranks among the top 10 against the pass (4 opponents actually ranked 20th and below).  His production will most certainly ascend during the second half.... he is a stellar buy-low.

Jackson schedule actually aligns pretty well with Winston which would allow you to maximize matchups, though the combination of the Bucs cupcake schedule, mediocre defense & a lackluster running game will make Winston hard to bench in any given week.   I do love Godwin, however I don't think his ceiling alone is enough to off-set the talent that you'd be acquiring.   

Rather than settle though, may want to try to expand the deal by removing Gallup, whose market has outweighed his on-field production,  and swap something else on the back-end (RB or TE upgrade).  

I'd also be hesitant to move Pittsburgh.  With matchups against the Bengals, Browns twice, Jets and Bills down the stretch, they could prove to be fantasy postseason gold. Would hold them out unless you have another stellar option.  

Overall, while the groundwork for a deal is in place (Godwin for Jackson/Beckham) I'd tweak the back end of the deal before accepting.  

Hope that helps!

Edited by F@ndemonium
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, F@ndemonium said:

Beckham has a very favorable schedule down the stretch, as not one remaining opponent ranks among the top 10 against the pass (4 opponents actually ranked 20th and below).  His production will most certainly ascend during the second half.... he is a stellar buy-low.

Jackson schedule actually aligns pretty well with Winston which would allow you to maximize matchups, though the combination of cake matchups, mediocre defense & a lackluster running game will make Winston hard to bench in any given week.   I do love Godwin, however I don't think his ceiling alone is enough to off-set the talent that you'd be acquiring.   

Rather than settle though, may want to try to expand the deal by removing Gallup, whose market has outweighed his on-field production,  and swap something else on the back-end (RB or TE upgrade).  

I'd also be hesitant to move Pittsburgh.  With matchups against the Bengals, Browns twice, Jets and Bills down the stretch, they could prove to be fantasy postseason gold. Would hold them out unless you have another stellar option.  

Overall, while the groundwork for a deal is in place (Godwin for Jackson/Beckham) I'd tweak the back end of the deal before accepting.  

Hope that helps!

My RBs are Barkley, Zeke, and Fournette. My TE is Kittle. I have no idea how I'm 3-5...

Poor scheduling I guess and constantly playing the top scoring weekly team. We do start two flex positions though, so Gallup would start this week since it's Michael Thomas's bye week.

As far as D/ST, I have the Bills. However, they don't have a lot of juicy matchups like the Steelers do. I could do the trade without Gallup and the Steelers D/ST, but then I'd be resorting to Chris Conley or Dionte Johnson for flex.

Edited by CamNewton

Just now, CamNewton said:

My RBs are Barkley, Zeke, and Fournette. My TE is Kittle. I have no idea how I'm 3-5...

Poor scheduling I guess and constantly playing the top scoring weekly team.

Wow....certainly a solid foundation.  Seems like positive regression will be on the horizon.  Who is your PK and DST (aside from Pitt).  Sometimes those undervalued assets prove major dividends in close matchups.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, F@ndemonium said:

Wow....certainly a solid foundation.  Seems like positive regression will be on the horizon.  Who is your PK and DST (aside from Pitt).  Sometimes those undervalued assets prove major dividends in close matchups.  

My D/STs are the Bills and Steelers (perfect pairing IMO). My kicker is Zuerlein (Folk this week). 

I could get the trade done by removing Gallup and the Steelers D/ST too, but then I'd be resorting to Chris Conley or Dionte Johnson for my flex play since Michael Thomas has a bye week for me.

26 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

My D/STs are the Bills and Steelers (perfect pairing IMO). My kicker is Zuerlein (Folk this week). 

I could get the trade done by removing Gallup and the Steelers D/ST too, but then I'd be resorting to Chris Conley or Dionte Johnson for my flex play since Michael Thomas has a bye week for me.

Certainly seems like you did your homework across the board with constructing this roster....Adding Johnson/Conley and receiving a better FLEX play (than Gallup) would put it over for me personally.  Conley/Johnson/Gallup all are basically interchangeable, so wouldn't sacrifice Pittsburgh to get a similar asset.   GL

• Thanks 1

Definitely take the trade

im bit scared to start lamar this week. I think he might be forced to run a lot this week. 

Obj is too talented to keep this pace. He will bounce back. Gallup has an excellent match up this week also. Cowboys also have a thought schedule nearing playoffs but i think he’ll be fine since most coverage would fall on cooper 

• Thanks 1

I would roll with Winston/ Goodwin..OBJ is like someone else  implied useless at this point....ur playing boom or bust..bigger boom with the team mate duo u have IMO...

• Thanks 1