Sign in to follow this  
CamNewton

WHIR: Lamar and OBJ for Chris Godwin (Full PPR)

You need to win right now or you'll miss the playoffs so I would stand pat.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

You need to win right now or you'll miss the playoffs so I would stand pat.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for mine.  So as a Hawks fan this is really tough to advise.  Meaning that, ROS, I would rather have Godwin I think.  That being said, I don't know how he does this week.  Historically this season it seems like the outside WR1 does well against us.  Julio went off, Michael Thomas had a good day.  Kupp (from the slot) did go off, but he also had a 200+ yard game last week and is a monster in his own right.  Our nickle package is pretty solid.  I could see Evans having a bigger day this week than Godwin.

THAT being said, Lamar against NE I hate.  I would rather put money on Jamis in garbage time (where Godwin has actually gotten a lot of his high numbers) over Lamar a full game.  So I guess I just talked myself into suggesting you do this.  Cheers!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, croikee said:

Thanks for mine.  So as a Hawks fan this is really tough to advise.  Meaning that, ROS, I would rather have Godwin I think.  That being said, I don't know how he does this week.  Historically this season it seems like the outside WR1 does well against us.  Julio went off, Michael Thomas had a good day.  Kupp (from the slot) did go off, but he also had a 200+ yard game last week and is a monster in his own right.  Our nickle package is pretty solid.  I could see Evans having a bigger day this week than Godwin.

THAT being said, Lamar against NE I hate.  I would rather put money on Jamis in garbage time (where Godwin has actually gotten a lot of his high numbers) over Lamar a full game.  So I guess I just talked myself into suggesting you do this.  Cheers!

I'm starting Jameis no matter what. I am not playing any QB against the Patriots. So it boils down to the question of "Do I feel comfortable enough with the below lineup THIS WEEK to take the ROS upgrade from Winston/Rivers to Lamar, and the ROS downgrade from Godwin to OBJ?"

QB: Winston

RB: Barkley

RB: Zeke

WR: Godwin

WR: K. Allen

TE: Kittle

Flex: Fournette

Flex: Chris Conley

D/ST: Bills

K: Folk

Bench: Rivers, Pollard, Michael Thomas, Zuerlein, Steelers, Cam Newton (IR)

Edited by CamNewton

Oh wait I misread. So you would be getting OBJ and Lamar, giving up Godwin?  In that case I wouldn't do this trade I think the stack of Godwin and Winston this week has better odds than OBJ.  I say that's only in the hopes of you winning this week I think West of season this trade works out better for you but rest of season doesn't matter if you have to win this weekend

• Thanks 1

I agree with the prevailing thoughts - take the deal.

The Steelers are one of my favorite DSTs to target for the playoffs this year, but you have to *make* the playoffs first, so if you can get a key piece (Gallup) by throwing in a DST and revert to streaming, do it.

OBJ makes me nervous for sure, but Lamar is a stud, and I would say there is a good chance the OBJ's talent will win out in the end.  Don't forget how successful he was with Manning for all those years - he and Baker will figure it out eventually.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2019 at 4:50 PM, CamNewton said:

I was just offered Lamar Jackson and OBJ for my Chris Godwin in a full PPR league. Normally this would be a no-brainer. However, I’m in a must win game this week and I believe starting Jamies and Godwin is a better play for me than Lamar/Jamies and OBJ. Should I actually turn down this offer? If I lose this week I’m out of playoffs. 

If you have to win & feel like this trade hurts those chances then you can’t do it. Are you sure though? ROS I like that trade for you so personally I would gamble on the trade & still maybe winning this week. 

• Thanks 1

Whew.. this is tricky. I would say stay put. Even though the trade puts you in a slightly better position ROS, Godwin should be miles better than OBJ this week. ALSO, I think there's a very good chance that both Lamar and OBJ do poorly this week, and you can make the same trade next week.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2019 at 6:58 PM, jamesisharden said:

I think I’d take it. Good buy low sell high. I like Jackson too

I didn’t read all the posts, but I would take the deal 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CamNewton said:

I ended up declining. Thanks for the help guys!

TY for the help 

You made the right call

On 10/31/2019 at 5:50 PM, CamNewton said:

I was just offered Lamar Jackson and OBJ for my Chris Godwin in a full PPR league. Normally this would be a no-brainer. However, I’m in a must win game this week and I believe starting Jamies and Godwin is a better play for me than Lamar/Jamies and OBJ. Should I actually turn down this offer? If I lose this week I’m out of playoffs. 

IMO Beckham will have a couple of good PPGs this year. This week maybe? He's got talent, but the one throwing him the ball is a different story. 

Jackson should be decent this week. He's running will keep his PPG up this week. Although NE/Belichick, will not turn their backs on him in man to man coverage. 

Winston will score right along with Jackson this week. 

Godwin is the deal breaker, he's PPR beast. 

I'd PASS and keep Godwin...

GL