Bringthesonicsback

Malik Beasley 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, rabaak said:

Pretty inefficient 31 minutes.  Too many turnovers driving to the basket against double teams. Not a great shooting night. 5/12 fg and 2/6 from 3 pt land.

I'm not sure if it is by design, but doesn't seen to move much on the offensive end when he doesn't have the ball. 

Hopefully he and DLO mesh better on Wed.

Vanvleet steals and lowry drew charges. Those guys are elite on D 

Timberwolves looked like a bunch of guys who have barely played with each other.  When Raptors ramped up their defensive effort especially in half court sets Timberwolves looked awful.  Timing of passes, screens, cuts, basically everything was off.  Saw players run into each other or cut off another player cutting at least 4 or 5 times and Beasley was often the culprit.  The good thing is he was getting the mins and he was an active part of the offense even with DLo and KAT.  If anything KAT was waaaay to deferential especially against a team that was lacking size.

They'll get better after a few practices and a few more games.  I did think though that Beasley looked better with McLaughlin and Johnson.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Timberwolves looked like a bunch of guys who have barely played with each other.  When Raptors ramped up their defensive effort especially in half court sets Timberwolves looked awful.  Timing of passes, screens, cuts, basically everything was off.  Saw players run into each other or cut off another player cutting at least 4 or 5 times and Beasley was often the culprit.  The good thing is he was getting the mins and he was an active part of the offense even with DLo and KAT.  If anything KAT was waaaay to deferential especially against a team that was lacking size.

They'll get better after a few practices and a few more games.  I did think though that Beasley looked better with McLaughlin and Johnson.

Felt like he was moving off the ball well, especially since he came from the Nuggets. DLO and James Johnson were ball stoppers today and killed any offensive rhythm.

Just now, bunnyzclan said:

DLO and James Johnson were ball stoppers today and killed any offensive rhythm.

DLo is going to be a wet blanket on Beasley's potential production there's no doubt about that.  It's just a matter of how much.  I haven't seen anything from Saunders to think that he's a good enough coach to implement a system which maximizes the potential of both Beasley and DLo ala Brooklyn with DLo and Dinwiddie.  Wait and see I suppose.

• Like 1

His shot is so pure. His misses look better than other players' makes.

Again, the best part of his game is when he steps in, gets to an open area, and pulls for a high-percentage mid-range two-pointer. Future is very bright. 

• Like 1

This dude could very well average 3-4 threes a game ROS. Love it.

2 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Has Beasley always been this incapable of driving left?

He makes up for it from his explosiveness. Hell of a shot creator too.

Must roster in all punt FG% builds and maybe all teams if he keeps this up. Let the 3’s rain!!! 14 triples in his first three games with Minnesota. 

Edited by NoahsArc

2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Drop City.

You sure you didn’t mean to post this in the Wood thread?

• Haha 1

DLo single handedly responsibe for this L.  His ridiculous overdribbling and tendency to pass after it's way too late and the defense has already set absolutely robbed guys like Beasley, Juancho and Reid of open looks or a chance to drive while the defender isn't in front. 

If the Timberwolves had a better coach in this situation I don't even think Beasley would be a punt FG guy.

Just now, NoahsArc said:

You sure you didn’t mean to post this in the Wood thread?

Why not both? It's good to roster both these guys, I tell you. Trade deadline was like Christmas.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

DLo single handedly responsibe for this L.  His ridiculous overdribbling and tendency to pass after it's way too late and the defense has already set absolutely robbed guys like Beasley, Juancho and Reid of open looks or a chance to drive while the defender isn't in front. 

If the Timberwolves had a better coach in this situation I don't even think Beasley would be a punt FG guy.

I don't know what game you watched but in my opinion D-Lo was the main reason they were ahead by so much in the beginning and made it close at the end. He also had the highest +/- on the team with +12. The next highest was Jarrett Culver in 15 minutes with a +2.

36 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

I don't know what game you watched but in my opinion D-Lo was the main reason they were ahead by so much in the beginning and made it close at the end. He also had the highest +/- on the team with +12. The next highest was Jarrett Culver in 15 minutes with a +2.

Because DLo was hitting his shots.  There's no doubt he's talented but he's a flawed player and IMO is just as bad a ballstopper as someone like Kyrie Irving.  Watch the game again and see how many times the offense completely stops with DLo over dribbling, missing open team mates with passes or passes that are way too late.

1 hour ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Because DLo was hitting his shots.  There's no doubt he's talented but he's a flawed player and IMO is just as bad a ballstopper as someone like Kyrie Irving.  Watch the game again and see how many times the offense completely stops with DLo over dribbling, missing open team mates with passes or passes that are way too late.

I do agree about the bad passes but I am giving that a pass because he is playing with a completely new team and essentially learning on the fly. I've followed D-Lo for a while and honestly think he is an above-average passer despite being a high-usage player. I really do believe that D-Lo is what is best for this team right now. I've seen D-Lo look for Beasley often in his kickouts and off of screens. I also think that he, Towns and Beasley are the future (Beasley is a restricted FA and I don't see the Wolves letting him walk) and they will only get more comfortable with each other.

Edited by RafiBomb