Sign in to follow this  
kraftwrk_5

What's the highest number of fantasy leagues you've ever played in?

I always hear people talk about "in my other leagues", so I'm just curious.  Personally, I've never been able to pull off more than 2, but prefer to just play in 1.  Just didn't have the time to dedicate to staying on top of a 2nd league, and didn't want to half-a** it.

How many leagues do you play in?  Do you like playing in multiple leagues, or does it get too difficult to keep track of everything?

I'm playing in 19 this year, but give >80% of my attention to three of them.  The others are just because I enjoy playing different teams.

I usually do 5 every year, I personally feel for experienced players who can afford to invest a little extra each season that’s the optimal number of leagues to participate in.

It’s not overwhelming, and it gives you enough diversity so that even if one of your teams ends up bombing you can still finish with a decent profit if you end up placing in 2-3 others.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 1

2 this year. Don’t want to do any more than this. Hate having one guy on my team and going against the same guy in another league.

Plus more than 2 leagues would take too much time.

• Like 2

I used to play in the same 3 leagues for a few years and I did alright; making playoffs usually wasnt a problem.

I got invited into this 1 big money league couple years ago and couldnt resist...its 1 too many. Between working full time and managing 4 teams, it got a little too much; been struggling the past 2 seasons. Thankfully, I started a new job so 1 of the leagues (old work league) will get dropped next season and get back to 3.

3 will be the limit from now on.

Edited by Gryfter

This is where I bust out my "fantasy leagues are like cats" line. If you have one, you'll truly love it. If you have two or three, it shows you have a passion. If you have any more than that, you might be a crazy person. 

• Like 3

Playing in 6, but only 1 of them really matters to me, and two others are somewhat important.  I like doing a couple drafts for public leagues in order to treat them like mock drafts, and I still play out those teams too, but I just make sure my lineups look fine and I'll quickly check the WW for any gems.

• Like 1

I play in 3, but would prefer 2.  I hate going against my players in other leagues.  I eventually foresee myself paring back to 2.  It's not a time thing.  I love the draft and I love sitting down during the games and rooting for my players.  I also enjoy managing my team throughout the year, but If I'm in too many leagues there are too many conflicts of interest. 

Honestly too many, Im in 9. 1 with my family, 1 with co workers, rest online but only really care about 2 of them. Ill Never do this many again 2-3 is good.

I don’t understand this mantra of multiple being that much extra time. I feel like I would put in the same amount of research into one team as I do multiple. The only real difference is deciding how to best manage my roster spots and trades based off team needs. And that’s not very time consuming. 

• Like 1

I decided to try doing 8 yahoo money leagues this year and I've been able to keep up without a problem.  I'm in the thick of the playoff chase in all of them and in 1st in 3 of them.  I may be a bit crazy, lol, but overall I'm a pretty smart guy who can process things quickly.

14 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I don’t understand this mantra of multiple being that much extra time. I feel like I would put in the same amount of research into one team as I do multiple. The only real difference is deciding how to best manage my roster spots and trades based off team needs. And that’s not very time consuming. 

It's not the time consuming part, it's the enjoyability part. Who wants to root for and against the same players every week? You won't get attached to any particular players when you own everyone in the NFL in one league or another. 

From an enjoyment standpoint, 3 is my max....with 2 casual (12 and 16 team) and 1 highly competitive deep league (20 team).  Don't want to be a jack of all trades, master of none.  Rather focus my efforts into a few select formats than give watered down effort to a greater number of leagues.     

Also,  (my personal) "fun factor" isn't solely based on individual success.... if it were I could certainly handle significantly more platforms....My enjoyment is networking with league peers, negotiating trades, chatting about the goings-on around the NFL....Taking a deeper interest within the specific league environment, outside of just personal achievement, makes it difficult to imagine (or wanting) to exceed my current count   

Like this thread.  Interesting to see the different thought processes 

Been playing for 10 years now.  I started with one and then quickly went to 2-3.  One year I played in 6 and it was way too much. Most seasons I play 2-3 (see signature)  

Like most people are saying, I reckon 2-3 proper leagues is the sweet spot. I will add, if you can make them somewhat varied in format it helps. I prefer 0.5PPR (both of mine) but one is a 16-teamer auction draft (was 20 last year) with FAAB and short rosters and benches, the other is a 10-teamer snake draft with fairly orthodox waivers and rosters. One has an IDP, the other has no kickers. Variety is the spice of life, but too much love will kill you, or something like that.

• Like 1

I play in one very serious league every year. That’s the only only one I really care about.

I do play in 3-5 Yahoo Pro leagues a year in addition just to utilize different draft strategies, etc. for future reference.

The root against thing is the funniest, but I used to feel that way when I was just learning about FF...soon you realize that rooting has absolutely no bearing in anything and just play with the numbers/options in front of you.

• Like 1

I run 5 leagues, but a few of them are multi-conference leagues, so I actually have 8 teams.

My pro-tip once you get to 3 or more - never worry who the other guy is playing. Just root for your guys to score and if it so happens to also benefit your opponent in another league, so be it. Trying to figure out if you want you guy to score or not will drive you insane.

1 minute ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

2. I never do more than 2. I think 2 is ideal if 1 league is hopeless, but 3 just seems annoying. I try not to overlap any of my players tho

This is why I do dynasty over redraft. There's always reason to stay active and invested in dynasty. If I'm 1-4 and everyone is hurt in redraft, I have no reason to care anymore.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

This is why I do dynasty over redraft. There's always reason to stay active and invested in dynasty. If I'm 1-4 and everyone is hurt in redraft, I have no reason to care anymore.

So true. It's hard to understand why my big $ league with a very stable group of players can't come around to this realization.

Just now, rex_bulkhead said:

So true. It's hard to understand why my big $ league with a very stable group of players can't come around to this realization.

I guess the rationale might be that in a dynasty league a few teams or maybe a lot of teams know they can't win even before the season starts. In redraft everyone has a chance to win each season.

If you have a very stable group, start another league that's dynasty with the same guys. Do one of each, for everyone's tastes. Literally every team in my 14 team dynasty league is in one of my other re-draft leagues.