Sign in to follow this  
kraftwrk_5

What's the highest number of fantasy leagues you've ever played in?

I did two once. Just one is fine by me. 

3 is the number I'm best off with. Usually can't lay off til it's at least 4.

got 6 teams this year...i find i tilt way less the more teams i have, as i treat them all as one big team hoping 1-2 can win me a title

I do 4 and I think its 1 too many.  But none are online, they're all in person drafts with different groups of people. Otherwise I definitely drop at least one

Edited by ThunderDan
Add

I've had about a dozen teams last few years. I don't find I spend that much more time for research than I did when I had 2-3 teams. Waivers night takes a bit more time, but most guys available are similar in all leagues, so cuts down most of the time.

Yes, you end up with likely a share of most players in one league, and tend to play against them a lot. But you root for the guys you have 4-5 shares of the same way you would root for the guys you have with 1 team. Not much difference.

There is no right answer for everyone though.

5 hours ago, esprits4s said:

Playing seriously in a couple of leagues makes it easy to quickly set up a bunch of other leagues each week.

what you talkin’ bout Willis?

I did two this year and I think it’s one too many.  

Conflict of interest each week between the two leagues takes some of the fun away.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, poofinger said:

I did two this year and I think it’s one too many.  

Conflict of interest each week between the two leagues takes some of the fun away.  

I know what you're saying, but if you're only in one league then an injury or two can take all of the fun away. At least with two leagues you hedge your bets a bit, and if you do well in both then yaay.

8 hours ago, esprits4s said:

Playing seriously in a couple of leagues makes it easy to quickly set up a bunch of other leagues each week.

Yeah I fully agree here, it is all micromanagement. I have a handful of leagues I really prepare for and then it trickles down...all being on one platform (cbs) helps streamline too.

• Like 1

I have two leagues I care about...one with friend and another with coworkers

the others are random online leagues that I barely check. 

I'm in 8. Not going to do as many next year, but I do like being in a variety of league styles. 5 is probably the number I should be at. Really not that hard to keep up with them all (I set all my lineups at the same time), but you do get in situations where it's tough to tell what you're rooting for.

I normally play in one.  But one year I played in a second one and won the entire league.  They never invited me back after taking everyone money. 

Edited by gbill2004

I have 29 this year hahahahaha. Only 4 of them are really active leagues. The rest are randoms on ESPN. I don’t think I would do this again, but it definitely has been interesting to feel like I have shares of a lot of players spread out across leagues. Trying to fix the couple of teams where I made poor draft choices mixed with injuries is fun, but it gets tough to keep track of what’s happening where and takes time away from the leagues I actually care about.

17 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Most better be best balls or there are probably a ton of leagues that hate you.