Sign in to follow this  
brockpapersizer

Dansby Swanson 2020 Outlook

Breakout party baby. (Held virtually due to covid19 lol)

Putting it all together... and since it's a 60 game season, no 2nd half swoon hahaha.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Going to get in all these victory laps when I can.

Can I join you on your victory lap? Cause you and all the data you had been presenting on Swanson are the reasons I went out and got him preemptively, just ahead of his apparent break out. Thanks!!

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Can I join you on your victory lap? Cause you and all the data you had been presenting on Swanson are the reasons I went out and got him preemptively, just ahead of his apparent break out. Thanks!!

Yes. Another satisfied customer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

Yes. Another satisfied customer.

Always bet on Brock. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

I hope they let him keep the 2 hole but probably not once Albies comes back

Yep, the Braves moved Dansby back down to the 6 hole today with Albies.  Clearly batting only .387 isn't good enough for a #2 hitter and clearly scoring only 11 runs last night with Dansby in the 2 hole wasn't good enough.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Yep, the Braves moved Dansby back down to the 6 hole today with Albies.  Clearly batting only .387 isn't good enough for a #2 hitter and clearly scoring only 11 runs last night with Dansby in the 2 hole wasn't good enough.

I mean, I get it. Albies has a higher (but not great) obp for his career. So not pulling the trigger right this second isn’t egregious. If Dansby is indeed breaking out and can up his avg and keep his walk rate and he is still kept in the bottom third, then maybe it’s time to complain. 

Managers don’t really think that way. If you haven’t before, go read the Fire Joe Morgan blog. Some great old instances of managers batting guys lead off or second who have like .300 obp’s because of their veteran grittiness. 

Edited by mcbane
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 1:37 PM, mcbane said:

I mean, I get it. Albies has a higher (but not great) obp for his career. So not pulling the trigger right this second isn’t egregious. If Dansby is indeed breaking out and can up his avg and keep his walk rate and he is still kept in the bottom third, then maybe it’s time to complain. 

Managers don’t really think that way. If you haven’t before, go read the Fire Joe Morgan blog. Some great old instances of managers batting guys lead off or second who have like .300 obp’s because of their veteran grittiness. 

You make a good point but I try not to worry about things you can't control. If you believe in Swanson's breakout then he'll eventually get a better place in the lineup if he's better than other hitters. I like Swanson a lot but his slashline will come down a bunch.

Great start but I always check the plate discipline with these hot starts and that 14/1 K/BB is staring me in the face. I love his swing but pitchers will soon try and exploit him out of the zone and hopefully he can adjust and take a few free passes. If he does he can have a great year though, and the steals are added gravy. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

You make a good point but I try not to worry about things you can't control. If you believe in Swanson's breakout then he'll eventually get a better place in the lineup if he's better than other hitters. I like Swanson a lot but his slashline will come down a bunch.

Absolutely. I completely agree. I’m not worried at all about his spot, if he hits he’ll get moved up. 

10 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Great start but I always check the plate discipline with these hot starts and that 14/1 K/BB is staring me in the face. I love his swing but pitchers will soon try and exploit him out of the zone and hopefully he can adjust and take a few free passes. If he does he can have a great year though, and the steals are added gravy. 

That discipline definitely shown tonight. Of course the day after I pick him up. 

6 minutes ago, dundeeslugger said:

That discipline definitely shown tonight. Of course the day after I pick him up. 

He faced DeGrom

Any thoughts on him? He’s batting lead off on a good team but really not much else, power or speed.

2 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Any thoughts on him? He’s batting lead off on a good team but really not much else, power or speed.

Average player on a good team. He should accumulate some counting stats, but I wouldn't rely on him for anything. I still think he should be rostered in larger leagues, but that's about it.

What do you mean by larger? .. I got him in a 12 teaser.

interesting I dropped him in another 12 teaser and someone picked him up with a bid of 10 dollars.. sure confidence.

I think he's a good hitter. He's striking out a bit too much, but I dont expect that to continue. He's always been low 20s strikeout percentage, not 30. I dont think he suddenly got a worse eye.

Posted (edited)

I’ll be honest with all of u, he hits between two studs, any of us on here could hit between them. With that being said the Braves offense is about to start rolling. Great buy if some1 has him as a back up. 

Edited by Thewizardnj

Dansby is proving that he is more than just a "larger leagues only" guy.

His current numbers extrapolated for a full season would be .319/.352, 145 runs, 20 HR, 90 RBIs, 15 steals. He is 4th in the MLB in runs scored. Currently the 4th ranked SS overall. K to BB ratio of 35:4 is atrocious and clearly his BABIP is lifting up that OBP a bit, but this is not just an IL fill-in. Considering where he was drafted in both redraft/dynasty, he's been a gem. Age 26, smack in the middle of a great lineup, he is criminally underrated.