hornrimmed_rambis

Frank Ntilikina 2019-2020 Outlook

He will blossom this year. He is heads and shoulders above the dsj and payton 

• Like 1

Not liking this guy's efficiency throughout his young career. Anyone who watches the games know if he'll be able to creep more towards 42ish% rather than sub-40?

10 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Not liking this guy's efficiency throughout his young career. Anyone who watches the games know if he'll be able to creep more towards 42ish% rather than sub-40?

He's been a pretty bad shooter historically. Like really bad. Nice couple of game stretch though. Maybe he's a late bloomer?

Regardless, I wouldn't trust the Fiz rotations in a money league. You never know when a 3 game DNP stretch is around the corner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theantishere said:

FIBA helped his confidence.

His stats are REALLY good lately.. that's some amazing stocks from the PG spot and big minutes.. I'm very intrigued, I just worry about the return of Payton in a game or two, fizdale is unpredictable. 

Edited by Lifschitz

1 hour ago, cochise316 said:

He's been a pretty bad shooter historically. Like really bad. Nice couple of game stretch though. Maybe he's a late bloomer?

Regardless, I wouldn't trust the Fiz rotations in a money league. You never know when a 3 game DNP stretch is around the corner.

The guy is born in '98.. so he's still super young, you're talking about a 21 year old, he's still working on his game. 

He looks really good out there, but I really just don’t see it continuing with Fiz’s rotations when DSJ and Elf are back. Elf wasn’t doing too shabby before he got injured too.

He had flashes of his brilliance last year but all it took was a few bricks and in came Mudiay, lmao. Not to mention being inexplicably benched for Ellington a few games ago.

12 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

The guy is born in '98.. so he's still super young, you're talking about a 21 year old, he's still working on his game. 

He looks like a NBA player. I think starter or bench role is what he's working out now. That's IRL.

In fantasy, you can't trust Fiz rotations outside of 2-3 guys. Trust me. Talent is irrelevant if it's on the bench because the coach is unpredictable. 

Oh my god with the "FIBA helped his confidence" narrative. Where was that 4 days ago? This same guy looked like an absolute deer out there.

This guy will be jerking you around all season. He will set the add/drop record in your league. 

• Like 3

He's very promising but fizdale is a dimwit and all it'll take for frank is a couple of bad minutes to be put into the doghouse again 

It really doesn't hurt to drop your worse guy to take a flier. 

15 stocks in the 3 games where he got heavy minutes is bonkers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Oh my god with the "FIBA helped his confidence" narrative. Where was that 4 days ago? This same guy looked like an absolute deer out there.

This guy will be jerking you around all season. He will set the add/drop record in your league. 

OMG OMG na na na na. Let's see some data- every time he's given over 30+ minutes he has given 4+ stocks this season. The last 2 games, where he has really shined, he's getting 38+ minutes. The only bad shooting game (or deer out there) was vs. Chi when he went 0-6.

Players do improve. Just cuz you got jerked it doesn't mean you need to be bitter with the OMG OMG like some fantasy playing Kim Kardashian.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I, at least, am not going to contribute to that.  If the Knicks had a b2b soon, maybe, but Smokes is already trouble.  Smokes and Fizdale?  No thanks.

4 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

OMG OMG na na na na. Let's see some data- every time he's given over 30+ minutes he has given 4+ stocks this season. The last 2 games, where he has really shined, he's getting 38+ minutes. The only bad shooting game (or deer out there) was vs. Chi when he went 0-6.

Players do improve. Just cuz you got jerked it doesn't mean you need to be bitter with the OMG OMG like some fantasy playing Kim Kardashian.

Tell that to Fiz. Definitely a guy who makes decisions based on data.

• Haha 1

4/5 from 3 tonight. 12 of his 14 scored points came from three tonight. If this makes up his offense, he’s going to get pulled from the game by Trippin’ Fiz when his shot isn’t falling. Stocks machine, but with other guards back and healthy, I wouldn’t expect much going forward. This could be his ceiling....

Just my subjective analysis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a-rob said:

Yeah will depend on their idiotic coach. The upside is definitely there

Okay but he's not gonna shot 80% from 3.  He's barely gonna shoot 40% from 3, knowing him.

Like when it comes to percentages especially, owners need to take a step back and ask themselves what they expect.  When Conley goes 2/11, savvy owners should be like "Okay well he's not gonna do that forever, buy low".  Likewise, when ******** Franky Smokes goes 4/5 from three, you should think it's not sustainable.

• Like 1

Heh, I grabbed, but I'm expecting nothing more than a flier and mostly just grabbing in case he actually figures out the NBA.

Fiz just can't coach, though it's sorta funny to watch him try to figure out who plays what position and who to give minutes to.  He's a perfect Knicks coach, lol.

As far as Frank ... he looks much better, which is really cool since in FIBA, he played really well against the US's guards.  But yeah, since DSJ, Payton, and RJB are all gonna get minutes at PG, once everyone's healthy, I don't like Frank's odds with Fiz.

• Like 1

Hopefully he will get a shot to solidify his role as the franchise PG.  DSJ is not a PG, and Payton is a journeyman at this point. That said it's the Knicks so I doubt he will get the opportunity to get consistent minutes, but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Hopefully he will get a shot to solidify his role as the franchise PG.  DSJ is not a PG, and Payton is a journeyman at this point. That said it's the Knicks so I doubt he will get the opportunity to get consistent minutes, but who knows. 

They're not making playoffs and the fans love him. You would hope he gets a decent crack at being their starting PG for the next month or so. 

• Like 1

This thread is gonna be fun next week when he falls out of the rotation, but I’m here for the ride too so....

• Haha 3