hornrimmed_rambis

Frank Ntilikina 2019-2020 Outlook

His upside was shown last night. He has definitely improved offensively. His floor is stocks.

As for the outlook, Payton, DSJ, and Ntilikina are all PGs who can't really shoot well. I don't see them playing next to each other.

With Fizdale's reputation, the effect of random rotation will be a tough ride for sure.

• Like 1

He's worth a shot. If he can get consistent minutes he's worth something but I would recommend people to consider he's pathetic sub 10 PER this season...

Took a chance in a deep league.  He was probably the only one on the wire with potential value anyway...

Taking a chance on him because it's early in the season and he's a lotto ticket. Dropped Thybulle for him. At worst, you replace him with a streamer. At best, you cash a lotto ticket. If he falls somewhere in between, you have flexibility to decide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

If he goes off again tonight. Anyway the NYC fans will boo Fizdale if for not starting him. It may influence his utter stupidity. 

Huh? 

will he continue to start when dsj and Payton are healthy or does everyone expect him to head back to the bench

1 minute ago, halbounih said:

will he continue to start when dsj and Payton are healthy or does everyone expect him to head back to the bench

I'm guessing he'll still go back to the bench, but it's really hard to predict what Fizdale will do.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, halbounih said:

Nobody knows, including the coach. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Congrats to everyone who got him in time, Frank could easily enter the waiver wire pick up of the year conversation. 

77.jpg

Waiver pickup of the year after one game? I mean, i love Frank and what we saw last game is encouraging, but he's been nothing but inconsistent so far, the sample size is too small. Let's see what he's able to do with extended minutes.

Edited by doomz

1 minute ago, doomz said:

Waiver pickup of the year after one game? I mean, i love Frank and what we saw last game is encouraging, but he's been nothing but inconsistent so far, the sample size is too small. Let's see what he's able to do with extended minutes.

He's had 2 great games in a row, the line against the Pistons on the 7th was decent. Defensive skills are off the charts, all he needs is minutes. 

Today is really judgement day for Frank with Payton and DSJ waiting in toll. 

Time to shine, kid. The job is for you to lose.

Picked him up and am stoked to see what he can do.

At the same time he's a career 35% FG shooter.  That's all-time bad.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Picked him up and am stoked to see what he can do.

At the same time he's a career 35% FG shooter.  That's all-time bad.

If he was the 1st option of the team i would consider that concerning but hes like 5th on the pecking order so it should be bearable.

Just watched the first half of the game, and feeling disappointed. Ntilikina's defense is elite; could be stocks galore this season if he plays heavy minutes. But unfortunately, on offense, looking timid and completely uninvolved - the same way he did his previous two seasons in the league. He looks almost afraid of the ball on offense. The confidence he had last game that was praised by his teammates remains to be seen.

I think "confidence" is the key word for him. I'm sure he puts in time in the gym. It feels as if he needs to assert himself more to develop his offensive game. It's clear why Payton was given the nod before his injury - at least he's exceptional at driving and collapsing the defense.

Hopefully he shows offensive signs of life in the second half.

Edited by hoop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His line would be good if he could find his way to double digit points...but with a blowout coming that doesn’t look likely

15 minutes ago, hoop said:

on offense, looking timid and completely uninvolved

Yup.  He's the 5th option out there at all times and barely even touches the ball.  Can't really see him averaging over 8 ppg.

Edited by alexstr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Yup.  Looks like the 5th option out there at all times

To be honest, he doesn't look like an option at all, lol. On most possessions so far, he'll immediately get rid of the ball and no one glances at him the rest of the possession. He feels like a point guard version of Jonathan Isaac. Elite defense, but no usage on offense. For Isaac that's fine as a 3-and-D wing. Frank's the dang point guard

• Like 1

Just now, hoop said:

To be honest, he doesn't look like an option at all, lol. On most possessions so far, he'll immediately get rid of the ball and no one glances at him the rest of the possession. He feels like a point guard version of Jonathan Isaac. Elite defense, but no usage on offense. For Isaac that's fine as a 3-and-D wing. Frank's the dang point guard

Will take some time to develop his confidence and the team to trust him running the offence (if he is even capable) 

But the defensive side of his game is there, just hope Fizdale continues pumping minutes into him, clearly they aren't getting anywhere near playoffs.. 

Chances are Fiz will want to put Payton back into the lineup ASAP if Frank keeps playing this timid. The blowout doesn’t help either.

• Like 1