hornrimmed_rambis

Frank Ntilikina 2019-2020 Outlook

On 11/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

21 years old, he could become a doctor by 28. Why can't he become an offensively better in this time. 

He’s actually been showing a lot more confidence on the offensive end lately. Obviously he’s not taking over games or anything but he knows how to play within his limits. Coupled with his outstanding defensive impact it’s clear that he should win the starting job out of the three PGs, and I expect that to stick with what Fiz has said about him.

But obviously that’s speaking on logical terms and as everyone knows the Knicks aren’t the most logical bunch..

But still, I would say he is a must-add to see where he goes right now. His stocks upside is tremendous. If you wait it might be too late when Payton comes back.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 1

Would also like to mention that he played minutes with DSJ and Barrett on the floor as well - it looks like Fiz is making it a point to put him on the floor as much as possible. Bodes well for any worries about his playing time in the future.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Would also like to mention that he played minutes with DSJ and Barrett on the floor as well - it looks like Fiz is making it a point to put him on the floor as much as possible. Bodes well for any worries about his playing time in the future.

Still weary until I see how things shake out when Elfrid gets back

Payton may effect him but i'm thinking DSJ might take a few DNP-CD's, and or be traded. Frank will have the majority of the minutes regardless. Moneywise he'll probably get a LeVert range contract from the Knicks in the off-season as they clearly don't want to trade him which also favors him getting the starting nod all season. Enjoy the ride boys!

Edited by MilesBridgesBetterThanZion
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Can you put up duds for the next few games so that I can claim you please? 😍

He will.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

Still weary until I see how things shake out when Elfrid gets back

wary* (unless the anticipation of Payton's return is indeed making you feel weary, in which case ease up on the fantasy). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Eh...

It's like I really want to put my toes in the pool, but I have a feeling someone pissed in it, and that something is the Knicks.

15 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Eh...

It's like I really want to put my toes in the pool, but I have a feeling someone pissed in it, and that something is the Knicks.

Definitely understand the hesitation when it comes to the Knicks. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Payton gets pushed back into the fold the moment he comes back. However it looks like Fiz loves him, he's shown serviceable improvement on offense - he can only go up from here.

Not saying to drop your studs for him, but if there's an expendable guy on your team, I don't see much risk in giving Frank a shot. There's rarely this type of upside on the wire. If he sticks, great. Enjoy your plethora of stocks from the PG position. If not, drop and move on.

Edited by Espoiral

cmon Frank you got 6 steals last night, I pick you up cause I need some stocks and you put up a big fat ZERO today. Thanks!!!! 

Edited by sharkpotato

17 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Definitely understand the hesitation when it comes to the Knicks. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Payton gets pushed back into the fold the moment he comes back. However it looks like Fiz loves him, he's shown serviceable improvement on offense - he can only go up from here.

Not saying to drop your studs for him, but if there's an expendable guy on your team, I don't see much risk in giving Frank a shot. There's rarely this type of upside on the wire. If he sticks, great. Enjoy your plethora of stocks from the PG position. If not, drop and move on.

I don't think Fiz loves him. I think Fiz is being forced to use him because the Knicks' guard rotation is hot garbage.

I also watched the game tonight and Frank is clearly going to be a season-long drag on FG%. The guy has a super inconsistent jumper and is just not a fluid offensive player. Combine that with a system where he just dumps the ball off after bringing it up court and I don't know that the offense will be there to make the stocks a net positive. BBM has him at 108 over the past two weeks and that's with no Payton floating around.

Do you think he runs away with more minutes than Payton and DSj now that Fizdale is gone?

i don’t watch knicks game so I don’t even know who’s better. 

It’ll be interesting to see what kinda offense the new coach runs

If they continue to let Randle/Morris dominate the ball I don’t see how any point guard on the team makes for a great pick up 

New coach has to be about player development. No other strategy makes sense.

That means Frankie Smokes.

The mins were never the problem he cannot score like that offensively he's been inefficient from the jump, he's a great defender so if you need steals and blocks he's a good streamer and could be a potential player to roster (like another kris dunn) for his defensive prowess alone. But its a trade off you get that defense with bad FG%, inefficiency & low scoring totals. Even if the new fill in coach gives him mins he'll still play the same as he did the other games, the problem with the knicks is player development. This guy has been the same player for 3 years now, Kadeem Allen has better nights than him when he plays lmaooo an undrafted dude playing better than a lotto.