Kamura

Ky Bowman 2019-2020 Outlook

Starting for an injured Dlo and playing well.

With the return of Dlo send him back to the darkness? Looking at the roster there are no other PGs so could Ky keep the spot pushing Dlo to a combo / 2 guard?

Looks interesting.

Feel like it’ll be a committee between Poole, Bowman and Lee for the PG and backup SG spots once DLo is back.

The only guy I really want as an obvious pickup would be Paschall.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lionhead94 said:

Should I drop Powell for him or heurter ? 

I know you're new, but posts like this belongs in the Assistant Coach forum.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Warriors fans also told me that it'd be a position battle for about a month that includes the guards we see now and the injured Evans. We shall see. I need his lines badly.

Edited by MysticPeak

The way he played today is the type of game that wins you minutes. He made Lillard look silly at times, ran the offense, and had some very nice finishes and shots.

I can see some Russell at SG next to him, so he’s definitely worth a flier. PGs are hard to find.

• Like 4

Nice info! Definitely will keep an eye on him this week.. shocked to see them beat portland .. quite embarrassing of a loss for them.. I wasn't so sure of him cause of DLOs injury as I'm sure it may handcuff him a bit since Dlo requires high volume of shots. 

Offensively, he passes my eye test and is a solid true PG from what I've seen in college and in the 2 games I watched. Is he solid enough defensively?

With the warriors so thin, I think he would slide in great along side DLo so DLo can focus on scoring rather than distributing

Jordan Poole is hot trash. Definitely keeping my eye on Bowman

Edited by UncleDrew
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, fantasm said:

he's on a two way contract dunno if that means anything

Definitely relevant.  I'm not 100% sure on the exact number but 2-way contract players are restricted on the number of NBA games that they can play in.  I think it might be a maximum of 40 or 45 games?

I like bowman a lot but as everyone said he’s fully dependent on DLOs health. As of right now there’s isn’t a timetable for DLo’s “sprained ankle”

37 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

I like bowman a lot but as everyone said he’s fully dependent on DLOs health. As of right now there’s isn’t a timetable for DLo’s “sprained ankle”

Might as well pick him and bench him when DLo plays and act accordingly 

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

So only 45 games this year? 

Unless they convert him to a regular NBA contract. The likelihood of which I'm not really qualified to estimate, but I don't see the point unless he either wildly outperforms expectations or Russell goes down for the season with a phantom injury and they need the PG help.

11 minutes ago, markdash said:

Unless they convert him to a regular NBA contract. The likelihood of which I'm not really qualified to estimate, but I don't see the point unless he either wildly outperforms expectations or Russell goes down for the season with a phantom injury and they need the PG help.

Or they trade away Dlo, like their plan all along as soon as Klay able to play. But since Curry is most likely done for the season (3 months), Dray is getting old quickly, and Kerr already said Klay is most likely won’t play basketball until 9 months to a year after his surgery (meaning we won’t see him at all this season). All their money is tied up with Klay, Curry, Dray and Dlo. The only one they can trade away without any flashbacks is Dlo. 

I think Ky is a hold. 

Oh and what’s up Mark! 

Edited by ginocan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think Bowman's a good short term pickup, he's their only real backup PG. Burks is really a 2 guard with ball handling abilities. but don't expect too much from him, he's still a two-way player and they can easily cut him after 45 games....which is like two months?

9 minutes ago, fantasm said:

i think Bowman's a good short term pickup, he's their only real backup PG. Burks is really a 2 guard with ball handling abilities. but don't expect too much from him, he's still a two-way player and they can easily cut him after 45 games....which is like two months?

45 days, not games.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, markdash said:

45 days, not games.

Marquis Chriss will very soon be cut - at which point Bowman will be taken off 2-way.  For the record, D Lee is also on a 2-way....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JMVee said:

Marquis Chriss will very soon be cut - at which point Bowman will be taken off 2-way.  For the record, D Lee is also on a 2-way....

Worth the flier for the 3 remaining game? I love the 35+ minute of playing time ... I was little upset seeing a 15 minute game for tyler herro 

14 hours ago, ginocan said:

Or they trade away Dlo, like their plan all along as soon as Klay able to play. But since Curry is most likely done for the season (3 months), Dray is getting old quickly, and Kerr already said Klay is most likely won’t play basketball until 9 months to a year after his surgery (meaning we won’t see him at all this season). All their money is tied up with Klay, Curry, Dray and Dlo. The only one they can trade away without any flashbacks is Dlo.

DLo isn't going anywhere at least not this season.  The problem for the Warriors is getting someone in return for DLo that isn't a net negative and right now the trade market isn't great.  Obviously things can change as the season progresses but who right now would trade for him?  There aren't any trades out there that make a lot of sense.  Anyway this is getting off topic. 

I think Bowman ends up heading to the G-League.  Dubs can't afford to cut Chriss considering their bigmen injury woes.  I wouldn't cut anyone decent for this guy in standard leagues unless the contract situation changes.

The Warriors are currently unable to convert Damion Lee or Ky Bowman to a normal contract due to the NBA's hard cap.

Lee and Bowman have excelled over the past few games with all the Golden State stars on the sidelines, but they're currently on two-way deals, meaning they're only allowed a maximum of 45 days with the NBA team. Golden State could eventually cut someone (Marquese Chriss?) to create the cap space necessary to convert one of these guys, but for now, they will remain on two-way deals.

Interesting. Lets see where this is going. 

this dude didn't look like he even belonged on an NBA court last week. Seems he's settled a little now

still, TOUGH match up for him today

• Thanks 1