Spyplane

Donte Divincenzo 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm not seeing a current season thread for Donte. He's been on fantasy fire in the last seven days earning a top 60 rank in nine cat. He's done that while not replacing anyone, he's rather forced his way into the rotation and there's a chance he carves out 20-25MPG going forward. He looks like a legitimate add in deep leagues and someone to monitor in smaller leagues.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

I was impressed with his game against the Wolves. Got all his stats in 20 min.  Would have had a monster game if he played 30.

DATE

OPP

MIN

FG

FGA

3PT

3PTA

FT

FTA

ORB

DRB

TRB

AST

ST

BK

TO

PF

PTS

FPTS

11/04

@MIN

Great combo of offense and ability to rack up defensive stats. While Huerter got most of the hype this year, I think DDV could end up the more valuable guy later this season.

37 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Great combo of offense and ability to rack up defensive stats. While Huerter got most of the hype this year, I think DDV could end up the more valuable guy later this season.

I really want to get a jump on this guy and roster him, but with how deep the Bucks roster is, is he likely to get consistent minutes?

He's sporting a 23.9 PER this year. That sort of overall efficiency is normally reserved for all-stars.

Also, the team struggled out of the gate but they've won their last three... This timing correlates with their move to give him 20 MPG off the bench.

• Like 1

He also has the second best defensive rating on the roster. Only Giannis is in front of him. 3D and they burned a 1st rounder on him. Some pieces to the puzzle are present.

• Like 1

He's someone I've definitely been keeping an eye out for, his defensive upside is hard to overlook. With his stock on the rise, would love to see him keep this up and even start eventually. 

Now this is the kind of thread I like. I wish I could rep OP 15 times!

This dude is totally flying under the radar and has been a top 100 (well, 102) over the last 3 games in my points league.

Pulled the trigger and got on this hype train. Choo-choo!

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Now this is the kind of thread I like. I wish I could rep OP 15 times!

This dude is totally flying under the radar and has been a top 100 (well, 102) over the last 3 games in my points league.

Pulled the trigger and got on this hype train. Choo-choo!

Who’d you drop?

Bledsoe and Matthes have been pretty average this season. Let this man start!!!!

14 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

Who’d you drop?

Forbes

12 minutes ago, mtx said:

Bledsoe and Matthes have been pretty average this season. Let this man start!!!!

And Matthews is 33 years old. They have nothing invested in him but they do want to see DD pan out.

just wanna say that between DiVencenzo and Pat Connaughton....

DiVencenzo is the better ginger

Minutes might not be there right now. Might need an injury. Dylan Windler might be a better super deep add.

this dude worth a look at now that Middleton is out for up to a month? Very hard worker and has shown some glimpses of fantasy relevancy.. 

Missed out on Anfernee Simons ... I’ll this dagoWop tomorrow. 

love the stats. Should get more run 

1 hour ago, arucied said:

this dude worth a look at now that Middleton is out for up to a month? Very hard worker and has shown some glimpses of fantasy relevancy.. 

Worth a look? Sure, he's played well in limited minutes. Maybe he gets the opportunity and runs with it, carves out a spot in the rotation and maybe none of that happens. This game is all about gambles based on educated guesses. So some of it is luck. Good luck.

Edited by Spyplane

He's been playing great this past two games. Already has 3 threes and steals and its just the third quarter. Added him in all of my leagues

14-4-1-2 last start 

13-2-3-3 in 2 and a half quarters tonight. 

Brisk power walk to pick up the Michael Jordan of Delaware? 

Edited by DiscoNinja33
spelling
  • Like 1

This guy has a really versatile stat set I’ve been watching him closely all year. I hope when Middleton is back he can cut into some regular PT at two spots, they blow out so many teams that he should get regular minutes. 

• Like 1

my question is why they keep starting wesley matthews over this kid

matthews doesn't do SHIEEED

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fantasm said:

my question is why they keep starting wesley matthews over this kid

matthews doesn't do SHIEEED

Reputation.. If Donte can put together a solid block of what he's produced over the last 2 games, maybe he'll get the start over Matthews once Middleton is back. 

42 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Reputation.. If Donte can put together a solid block of what he's produced over the last 2 games, maybe he'll get the start over Matthews once Middleton is back. 

Agreed. I think the key will be his ability to knock down the 3 point shot consistently. His defense already seems on par or better than wes and the fact that Matthews minutes continue to fall, might be a clue to what happens when Middleton returns

• Like 1

Bud's system tends to make guys relevant that you'd never expect. Korver kept his career alive a lot longer in terms of fantasy relevance just because of Bud. I love 3's and steals without hurting you anywhere else.

One of the issues you often find nowadays is that you'll get 2 of the 3 but not all 3 of the guard cats.

So if we dwindle it down it goes:

Tier 1:

assists / steals / 3's

Tied for tier 2

Assists / steals and steals / 3's

The reason why I have the above tier tied is because it really depends on team needs.

For example, my roster has the following guards: Devonte, Teague, Devin Booker, Nunn, Butler and I streamed Monk / NAW this week.

So the issue I run into here is that while I'm getting an unbelievable number of assists, I'm overly reliant on two guys to get me my steals. Now if I take a Dunn over a Monk, I get the assists / steals, but I'm just racking up on assists and now I'm hurting my 3's (because Butler / Teague don't shoot it overly well). This is where a guy like Donte is perfect, he gives me just enough assists that he's not a pain there, and his steals / 3's potential in just a 20 minute floor is through the roof.

So when you're making pickups, it's really important not to just look at "oh he's hot, I need to get the best talent on my team", this isn't a real NBA draft, you don't need to draft the "best player available", you need to draft the best player available who fits your team needs.

• Like 3