Spyplane

Donte Divincenzo 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, fantasm said:

my question is why they keep starting wesley matthews over this kid

matthews doesn't do SHIEEED

U need trees that provide spacing in the starting lineup lol

• Haha 2

These are his last two games (not including the middle video which was nov 2nd), I really like what I'm seeing here for a number of reasons.

1. They play Giannis at PF and like to go small often, he has an open path 25-28 minutes. Look at their roster. George Hill is 33, Wesley Matthews is 33 and came off a bad achilles injury. These guys are a shell of their former selves. They'll be important contributors in the playoffs, but this team like other teams will also need to be mindful of developing other young stars/above average role players next to Giannis. Giannis can't bare the load every postseason, there has to be other options. This is where Donte has a legit chance to carve out a third banana role alongside Bledsoe. 

2. You can see his athletic/fast twitch genetics when he jumps the passing lanes. He's so quick/explosive that even a decently quick pass against him can get picked off - his steals rate is really sustainable. In the first highlight vid in particular he jumps on two passes instantly and converts both for fast break points. That kind of stuff wins minutes. Wesley used to be able to do this in his younger years, there is no way Hill and Matthews have that ability now. 

3. He's a way more versatile scorer than anyone else in the back court other than Bledsoe. Bledsoe is also declining/regressing and is wavering between good nights and bad nights weekly (maddeningly inconsistent). 

4. He has 2.9 steals, 6.8 boards, 3 assists, and 3.6 3's per 36 minutes. That is fantasy gold. 

even if he's at 11-12/3/3/1.5 and 2 3's, that is great value for an end of the bench guy, and he's certainly capable of putting up this average the rest of the season, if not more if his role grows.

As you guys probably know by now, I'm incessant on per-minute high floor producers with upside. Guys like Wagner, Clarke, and Donte will win people leagues because they are rosterable right now and have room to grow as the season goes along (as both handcuffs and just based on potential minute growth). You'd MUCH rather put these guys at the end of your bench as opposed to the Derrick Whites and Satos of the NBA.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 4

The only thing is minutes and shot opportunities. I don't think he has that many games where he shot it over 10+ times.. Giannis is probably the only one that can shine there unless they completely get rid of Wes/George hill etc. They are a championship contending team so I doubt those vets will be going away any time soon. Anyhow, I am intrigued tho, good percentage FG it seems/elite steals.

27 minutes ago, XNW said:

The only thing is minutes and shot opportunities. I don't think he has that many games where he shot it over 10+ times.. Giannis is probably the only one that can shine there unless they completely get rid of Wes/George hill etc. They are a championship contending team so I doubt those vets will be going away any time soon. Anyhow, I am intrigued tho, good percentage FG it seems/elite steals.

They still need to develop talent next to him. Other teams have multiple multi-dimensional guys, they can't solely rely on Giannis every time, they will wear him out. Donte is already shooting the ball better than Wesley and offers a lot more upside/versatility offensively, and he's a very solid defender. So it's hard to make an argument against him either way, he's already more capable than those guys are at their own roles.

Moreover, Milwaukee also blows out teams regularly, this only adds to it. 

If he keeps performing on a per-minute basis (which Wesley and Hill certainly aren't doing + their advanced age), I'm not sure how he goes from 22-28 min back down to 10-13 min. It wouldn't make much sense to keep such a productive/promising player off the floor.

28 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

They still need to develop talent next to him. Other teams have multiple multi-dimensional guys, they can't solely rely on Giannis every time, they will wear him out. Donte is already shooting the ball better than Wesley and offers a lot more upside/versatility offensively, and he's a very solid defender. So it's hard to make an argument against him either way, he's already more capable than those guys are at their own roles.

Moreover, Milwaukee also blows out teams regularly, this only adds to it. 

If he keeps performing on a per-minute basis (which Wesley and Hill certainly aren't doing + their advanced age), I'm not sure how he goes from 22-28 min back down to 10-13 min. It wouldn't make much sense to keep such a productive/promising player off the floor.

I agree that he has better upside and is certainly performing better than his teammates. This is without Middleton and even with the strong game, he Sterling brown still had 26 mins. I also believe he should be getting 28ish but you never know with coaches. This is the one that kept playing korver right? I think the veteran name value of wes and ghill will still limit his upside .

Nonetheless, Ill be waiting on how Dillon does tonight before making the swap. Hope Ddiv can continue getting 28+ mins.

These next few weeks without Middleton will be critical for his ROS outlook. He'll have more of an opportunity to handle the ball and needs to show ability to play make off the dribble and knock down 3's consistently. If not he'll be relegated to 3andD when Middleton returns.

Im actually hoping he shows flashes of on-ball playmaking so they can use him as first man off the bench for 26~28min off the bench as a primary playmaker along with GHill. 

30 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Scrub

Only 2 quarters in though. Maybe its because I am in a deeper league (14+), I am ok with 4pts/3rebs/1ast/1st so far lol.

17 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

His usage isn't enough for me, im in standard league, not 14+.

I mean his production today is standard league worthy as a streamer. I am guessing you are after points then there are probably better options. 

1 minute ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Holy s---.. he's out of my team after he plays tomorrow! 

Haha, still a solid line tonight though. I think he'll post something similar tomorrow. I'm still a fan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Lol what a bum

48 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

The play is deceiving, I paused it at 6 seconds and I believe Cam Reddish there gets his hand on the ball or Donte's arm, Donte loses control of it for a half a second and then his balance/ball handling is off by the time he tries to lay it up. 

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

His usage isn't enough for me, im in standard league, not 14+.

I'm in a standard league as well. Getting 2 steals and 2 3's with 3+ assists is solid bench value.

If you were expecting high usage when he's a sophomore next to Giannis, Bledsoe, and Brook Lopez then he wasn't the pickup for you.

Over his last 3:

13.3 ppg / 2.3 threes / 4.3 boards / 2.6 assists / 2.3 steals / 1 TO

He's doing this in just 24 minutes..

Please explain to me how this isn't standard league value?

3 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I'm in a standard league as well. Getting 2 steals and 2 3's with 3+ assists is solid bench value.

If you were expecting high usage when he's a sophomore next to Giannis, Bledsoe, and Brook Lopez then he wasn't the pickup for you.

Over his last 3:

13.3 ppg / 2.3 threes / 4.3 boards / 2.6 assists / 2.3 steals / 1 TO

He's doing this in just 24 minutes..

Please explain to me how this isn't standard league value?

I don't think he will sustain it.  Good streamer for now I suppose.

Just now, RingMyBell said:

I don't think he will sustain it.  Good streamer for now I suppose.

Well that's another argument entirely, what you did was call him a scrub at half time prematurely and now you're switching onto something else.

Middleton will be back eventually yes, but what we want to see is him overtake Matthews and Hill for a solid 25 min as the SG starter, Middleton has no bearing on that. 

If you picked him up, it's to see if this goes anywhere, because he's certainly got a friendly stat-set when he's getting minutes, and he doesn't need a ton of shots because he's a 3 + D guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

Well that's another argument entirely, what you did was call him a scrub at half time prematurely and now you're switching onto something else.

Middleton will be back eventually yes, but what we want to see is him overtake Matthews and Hill for a solid 25 min as the SG starter, Middleton has no bearing on that. 

If you picked him up, it's to see if this goes anywhere, because he's certainly got a friendly stat-set when he's getting minutes, and he doesn't need a ton of shots because he's a 3 + D guy.

🤷‍♂️ I dropped him for Duncan robinson

5 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I don't see him overtaking Matthews or hill this year.  I think he will probably maintain 20 - 24 min even with Midds back.  Matthews is there for defense and veteran presence.

Edited by RingMyBell

The guy played well but y'all saying we should drop? Was 24 mins garbage time? Didn't watch the game but I'm looking for a consistent dude, is he not the guy?