Spyplane

Donte Divincenzo 2019-2020 Outlook

All those saying he's trash....

13.3 ppg / 2.3 threes / 4.3 boards / 2.6 assists / 2.3 steals / 1 TO over his last 3 games.

I'll gladly take the PPG / 3PM / and 2.3 Steals with only 1 T/O.

It probably won't happen, but starting to ponder whether they'd consider starting him once Middleton comes back and kicking Wes Matthews out of the starting unit.

He's defensively better than Wes...but they might stick with Wes due to his history and experience of being a starter.

21 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

It probably won't happen, but starting to ponder whether they'd consider starting him once Middleton comes back and kicking Wes Matthews out of the starting unit.

He's defensively better than Wes...but they might stick with Wes due to his history and experience of being a starter.

Wes shooting 32% from 3point range.  Ragu shooting 42%.  I think thats going to be a huge factor in whether he starts when middleton returns

7 hours ago, CORTEz said:

He's better at everything than Wes lol. He should definitely be starting. 

3 hours ago, CrockPot said:

Yes, but I don't see how he maintains the same amount of minutes unless other injuries come into play.

Only path to minutes is if he overtakes Wes Matthews and gets some of his minutes

Another Bucks blowout, so tough to evaluate. But, what do people think about his value moving forward now that Middleton is back. Looks like he’s hovering around 20 minutes, although games haven’t been close, so it’s hard to get a read on what his PT will be. 

He moved to the bench, he’s more of a deep league guy for now unless Wesley Matthews goes down. 

The point of the wait and see approach was to see if he could cede Matthews when Middleton returned, but now it’s a deep rotation. 

They blow out a lot of teams which is how he’s been retaining value.

when I watch their games they don’t use him at all they just stick him in the corner.

• Thanks 2

he s putting really strong per minute numbers even in limited minutes

he is a hold for me

if he ever gets to 30ish minutes he is going to be amazing

If he get 30 min he will be the Middleton of 3 years back 

A side comment- Donte Divincenzo, Korver, Connaughton, Illysova aka Ghost Face Illa got to be the most legit all-white bench ever in a long time. 

• Haha 3

Good short term pickup with the Bledsoe news.

Edited by Trench Mob

Is anyone else seeing major similarities to Fred VanVleet in DDV this year?

Great defender, can shoot, was a winner in college but flew under the radar in the NBA draft.

I'm aggressively hunting him everywhere that he's available where I have low end guys to cut, and in a dynasty I'd say he's a must stash. Wesley Matthews shouldn't really be starting and I doubt he will be beyond this season.

15 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Is anyone else seeing major similarities to Fred VanVleet in DDV this year?

Great defender, can shoot, was a winner in college but flew under the radar in the NBA draft.

I'm aggressively hunting him everywhere that he's available where I have low end guys to cut, and in a dynasty I'd say he's a must stash. Wesley Matthews shouldn't really be starting and I doubt he will be beyond this season.

IMO VanVleet has all-star ceiling. Just a much better player. Divincenzo is a ultimate glue guy for both fantasy and IRL.

But I never get guys coming from Villanova flying under than radar. That program is the constant blueprint. Sure they're not Kentucky or Duke, but guys there can play. Eric Pascall proved that tenfold. 

• Like 2

Nah, from what I saw, he saw open looks and did the smartest thing which was pass the ball. Bound to have a couple of games like this IMO, but this is a rare statline from him. Glad I started him tonight.

Goodbye, Huerter!

Edited by MysticPeak

Here's all of his assists (9) from tonight's game, let the video play out, it'll autoplay every asts:

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&CFID=&CFPARAMS=&PlayerID=1628978&TeamID=1610612749&GameID=0021900398&ContextMeasure=AST&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&LeagueID=00&PlusMinus=N&PaceAdjust=N&Rank=N&Outcome=&Location=&Month=0&SeasonSegment=&OpponentTeamID=0&VsConference=&VsDivision=&GameSegment=&Period=0&LastNGames=0&DateFrom=&DateTo=&PORound=0&ShotClockRange=&PerMode=Totals&MeasureType=Base&section=player

Late in the game, I noticed there wasn't any traditional PGs late in the game (Bledsoe out with knee soreness).

So instead of having George Hill, we saw:

Giannis

Donte Div (but guarding Jalen Brunson on D)

Korver

Ilyasova

Lopez

for a stretch late in the 4Q.

My new Red Velvet.

Edited by MysticPeak
  • Like 1