crocp

Yahoo Admin clears up requests about giving Ayton and Collins INJ tag

Product Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded · November 05, 2019

We understand your frustration, but we can not change our rules mid-season. we will pass your feedback onto product to evaluate changing INJ eligibility requirements in the offseason.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/38963575-ayton-and-collins-not-having-il-eligibility-is-abs

Edited by crocp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Brutal. I don't have either of those players but that's harsh. I play ESPN and they aren't allowing SSPD players on the IR either, even though players who miss games for "personal reasons" unrelated to injury are eligible 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Brutal. I don't have either of those players but that's harsh. I play ESPN and they aren't allowing SSPD players on the IR either, even though players who miss games for "personal reasons" unrelated to injury are eligible 

Personal reasons are just that, personal and usually out of the players control.

Ayton and Collins got caught cheating....very different.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, crocp said:

Personal reasons are just that, personal and usually out of the players control.

Ayton and Collins got caught cheating....very different.

But both are outside the scope of actual injury 

Again, I don't have any of these players but it's a really harsh penalty for managers who were completely in the dark when using high picks to draft these players. Punish the players -- which the NBA is doing irl -- but I see no reason for Yahoo/ESPN to punish the managers who drafted them. Seems bizarre and needlessly punitive 

Edited by PUNTSQUAD
  • Like 7

I would go with the rule: As long as the NBA team is eligible to replace the roster spot, the Fantasy team should be too. That being said it's necessary to give the INJ spot another name to avoid misunderstanding.

Edited by dorwell
  • Like 5

I don't get the managers using morals as reason to not give Ayton/Collins a tag. Them cheating has nothing to do with us cheating, why are we to be penalized? Stephen Curry's hand injury, Jrue Holiday's wife brain tumor that lead to his leave of absence a few seasons ago, Butler's mistress giving birth, Darren Collison beating his wife and getting suspended, Ayton/Collins on drugs are all the same. Miss 3+ games and they should be in IL spot (or whatever it needs to be called) period.

Edited by kev777zero
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

But both are outside the scope of actual injury 

Again, I don't have any of these players but it's a really harsh penalty for managers who were completely in the dark when using high picks to draft these players. Punish the players -- which the NBA is doing irl -- but I see no reason for Yahoo/ESPN to punish the managers who drafted them. Seems bizarre and needlessly punitive 

But they've allowed players with "personal reasons" on the IL in years past, that's not a midseason rule change. Having the discussion for next year is another matter.

Personally, I'm in agreement with crocp. And PED suspensions are pretty rare in NBA, aren't they? I don't recall a season having two valuable players getting hit with suspensions like this.

• Like 1

For those getting killed by either of these suspensions or multiple injuries you should recommend to your league to either switch to roto or weekly lineups. My league switched to weekly lineups last season and everyone loves it, adds a bit of strategy in choosing who to start each week and gives you a chance to stash players for the long term without killing your chances in the short term. Plus I've never been a huge fan of streaming scrubs all throughout the week to squeeze out extra points but I understand that some people find that fun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boshemy said:

But they've allowed players with "personal reasons" on the IL in years past, that's not a midseason rule change. Having the discussion for next year is another matter.

Personally, I'm in agreement with crocp. And PED suspensions are pretty rare in NBA, aren't they? I don't recall a season having two valuable players getting hit with suspensions like this.

On that point I agree with you, and is likely ultimately the reason for this decision. I can only imagine being a manager who traded Ayton for peanuts only for the platform to then go and change their policy. That would be hard to stomach

It's just an unfortunate situation all around, and yes, unprecedented 

7 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

For those getting killed by either of these suspensions or multiple injuries you should recommend to your league to either switch to roto or weekly lineups. My league switched to weekly lineups last season and everyone loves it, adds a bit of strategy in choosing who to start each week and gives you a chance to stash players for the long term without killing your chances in the short term. Plus I've never been a huge fan of streaming scrubs all throughout the week to squeeze out extra points but I understand that some people find that fun.

I wanted to switch from Yahoo to fantrax but it was voted down. You can apply "Max start" rules for the week, so if you set the maximum starts like 4 or 5 below the weekly average, you have a built in buffer against injuries and resting players and whatnot. Seems like another good solution to me.

15 minutes ago, Boshemy said:

Aren't there three this year? Unless Wilson Chandler had retired but he got 25 games towards the end of August.

why award cheaters, when you draft cheaters you pay the penalty too I don't mind that risk lol sucks but either drop or hold. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, megaplayboy said:

why award cheaters, when you draft cheaters you pay the penalty too I don't mind that risk lol sucks but either drop or hold. 

How would you know who's the cheaters in the draft?? LOL

1 minute ago, megaplayboy said:

don’t be so naive into thinking these two are the only ones juicing.  And it’s not like we knowingly and willingly drafted PED users

Just now, Lob City99 said:

How would you know who's the cheaters in the draft?? LOL

I would probably be suspicious of injury prone players (Collins) who is usually injured, (Wilson Chandler) who is very injury prone which I'm not surprised he got busted, and (Ayton) young and dumb not shocked at all. Obviously it'll be a guessing game but probably big injury prone players, I think the testing is also getting better too so ppl can't get away with a lot of stuff. I'm not to mad about this rule tbh because they cheated, they screw over their fantasy owners, screw over their teams, either hold or drop makes things interesting especially when its your opponent it happened to lol

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

spacer.png

love it because its actual fact and rules lol

Edited by megaplayboy

23 minutes ago, yeet said:

This legitimately might just be the stupidest thing I've read on this forum. Wow.

good remember me B! sorry if your guy got busted for PEDs though. 

Edited by megaplayboy