crocp

Yahoo Admin clears up requests about giving Ayton and Collins INJ tag

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

when nobody has a sense of humor smh sorry bro if I may have hurt your feelings wow

Hope one of your players is next, then we can see if your tune changes.  But I'm guessing that's definitely not going to happen because you have the foresight to not draft cheaters, right?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crocp said:

Product Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded · November 05, 2019

We understand your frustration, but we can not change our rules mid-season. we will pass your feedback onto product to evaluate changing INJ eligibility requirements in the offseason.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/38963575-ayton-and-collins-not-having-il-eligibility-is-abs

I understand no INJ but they cant just list them out as short-term injury because its incorrect. Suspensions for drugs aren't new and Yahoo should've had something in place already. OJ Mayo, Tyreke Evans, Jodie Meeks, Wilson Chandler are other high profile names that were suspended. What sucks for owners of Ayton and Collins (I have both) is that the NBA increased the amount of games a player would be suspended this season  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crocp said:

 

Personal reasons are just that, personal and usually out of the players control.

Ayton and Collins got caught cheating....very different.

 

I don't play on Yahoo but this makes no sense. 

We are playing fantasy. If a player did something really dumb in his personal life, got hurt, he'd get an injury designation. But if he takes a ped he doesn't? 

Remember, this decision doesn't punish the player that took the PED, it punishes the fantasy owner. 

With that said, I agree with Yahoo that you cannot change this rule mid season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don’t you just freaking work around it?

 

Allow the Ayton/Collins owner to drop the guy and pick some else up. Commish will then not allow anyone to pick up Ayton or Collins while they are a FA. When they return require the Ayton/Collins owner to drop someone and have the commish manually put Ayton/Collins back on the dudes team?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

 

But both are outside the scope of actual injury 

 

Again, I don't have any of these players but it's a really harsh penalty for managers who were completely in the dark when using high picks to draft these players. Punish the players -- which the NBA is doing irl -- but I see no reason for Yahoo/ESPN to punish the managers who drafted them. Seems bizarre and needlessly punitive 

Think about your place of work. (If you work full time) At most places, you're entitled to take paid time off for minor things like the flu, not just serious things. It doesn't even have to be a physical illness, you can take PTO for mental health. And if you're a parent, you're entitled to PTO when your child is sick. You're also entitled to PTO for bereavement.

 

You're NOT entitled to PTO when you get suspended for violating workplace rules, like if you flip your lid with a client or bailed on your shift.

 

Basically, it's the same type of situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Why don’t you just freaking work around it?

 

Allow the Ayton/Collins owner to drop the guy and pick some else up. Commish will then not allow anyone to pick up Ayton or Collins while they are a FA. When they return require the Ayton/Collins owner to drop someone and have the commish manually put Ayton/Collins back on the dudes team?

That is exactly what we are trying to do in my league. There was a discussion started about my Ayton that was leaning towards acceptance. Then Collins came to the surface as well, so now it's a done deal. I think the two commissioners will suggest to wait for 5 games instead of the typical 3 in an Out tag. No point in waiting for penalty reduction or fantasy platform changing his format mid season. Ask the commisioner to manually use the IR spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for fantasy purposes I think they should be IL eligible. There was no way to predict this would happen and therefore drop them down your rank list. It's not like drafting an injury-prone player and taking a risk on him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rotojoe said:

for fantasy purposes I think they should be IL eligible. There was no way to predict this would happen and therefore drop them down your rank list. It's not like drafting an injury-prone player and taking a risk on him. 


Even taking a risk on injury-prone players, they are IL eligible and you're able to adjust your roster where suspended players you can't lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Why don’t you just freaking work around it?

 

Allow the Ayton/Collins owner to drop the guy and pick some else up. Commish will then not allow anyone to pick up Ayton or Collins while they are a FA. When they return require the Ayton/Collins owner to drop someone and have the commish manually put Ayton/Collins back on the dudes team?

 

Some of us freaking can't, especially with the Yahoo money leagues where the commisioner is basically Yahoo. Another reason to know the guys in your league and have a good commish. Very important for special situations like these. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People arguing he shouldn't be eligible are acting as if we're the ones that actually got suspended. No, we drafted the player that got suspended without knowing he actually took PEDs. It would be like if you bet on a horse to win a race but it tested positive for steroids so he gets removed from the race but then your bookie says "Well tough luck, you should've guessed he was taking steroids, I'll keep your money now." See how stupid that sounds?

Edited by yeet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

 

I don't play on Yahoo but this makes no sense. 

We are playing fantasy. If a player did something really dumb in his personal life, got hurt, he'd get an injury designation. But if he takes a ped he doesn't? 

Remember, this decision doesn't punish the player that took the PED, it punishes the fantasy owner. 

With that said, I agree with Yahoo that you cannot change this rule mid season. 

That's what some do not understand this is fantasy and meant to be fun and has zero to do with the real life decisions those 2 players made

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Think about your place of work. (If you work full time) At most places, you're entitled to take paid time off for minor things like the flu, not just serious things. It doesn't even have to be a physical illness, you can take PTO for mental health. And if you're a parent, you're entitled to PTO when your child is sick. You're also entitled to PTO for bereavement.

 

You're NOT entitled to PTO when you get suspended for violating workplace rules, like if you flip your lid with a client or bailed on your shift.

 

Basically, it's the same type of situation.

LOOL its a fantasy league geez it isnt that serious dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Igno said:

That is exactly what we are trying to do in my league. There was a discussion started about my Ayton that was leaning towards acceptance. Then Collins came to the surface as well, so now it's a done deal. I think the two commissioners will suggest to wait for 5 games instead of the typical 3 in an Out tag. No point in waiting for penalty reduction or fantasy platform changing his format mid season. Ask the commisioner to manually use the IR spot.

I am commissioner in my league and have both. No one is giving me sympathy and we only have 3 bench spots. What i proposed is to extend the bench spots to compensate for the suspensions and plethora of injuries. The season just started and several owners are in trouble but just have to be creative I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure testing happens before the season no? If so why didn't the NBA suspend them before hand? I know Wilson Chandler was booked in the summer and suspended and I also do not understand why they increased the amount of games this season. I think amount of games should be based on just how extreme the substance is and be case by case like suspensions for fighting. Embiid and KAT getting 2 games for a hug fest was crazy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my league we decided that the owner can waive those players and nobody else will pick them from the waivers as long as the owner won't use his IL spot on another player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nishinga said:

In my league we decided that the owner can waive those players and nobody else will pick them from the waivers as long as the owner won't use his IL spot on another player.

 

This could be a good idea but I'm the commissioner and I have Ayton so it would be conflict of interest. My team's still doing pretty well so I'm not fretting about it too hard but some other guys might really be feeling the loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, yeet said:

This could be a good idea but I'm the commissioner and I have Ayton so it would be conflict of interest. My team's still doing pretty well so I'm not fretting about it too hard but some other guys might really be feeling the loss.

As I said I own Ayton and I was filling in fot the role of commissioner but unofficially. I decided to place 2 commissioners officially instead of me. I play on a 16 team league, so we could easily have 3 commissioners. Anyway, I suggest you add another one. In that case you avoid conflict of interest.

17 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

I am commissioner in my league and have both. No one is giving me sympathy and we only have 3 bench spots. What i proposed is to extend the bench spots to compensate for the suspensions and plethora of injuries. The season just started and several owners are in trouble but just have to be creative I guess

Man, life comes at you fast, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crocp said:

 

Personal reasons are just that, personal and usually out of the players control.

Ayton and Collins got caught cheating....very different.

What does that have to do with me as a fantasy team owner lol? It's not something that were were aware of. Hell, with injuries, you at least know who the injury prone players are.

 

Sorry bud, that's just bad logic. IR rules ought to apply to SUSP too - as it falls under the same 'outside of the fantasy team owner's control' bucket. It's common sense imo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good time to remind people that fantasy isn’t like real life basketball.  AT ALL. Fantasy is a gambling game loosely based on the NBA.  Putting suspended players on IR has nothing to do with morality, it’s just fair, and makes for a better game. Not being able to put them on IR is like playing in a poker tournament in which randomly one dealer per hour is just allowed to up and leave and the entire table has to sit there being blinded off for no reason.  

 

Oh yeah then for others to come on and say you know that table you were assigned to? You should have been better at being randomly assigned to tables.  So suck it up.  

Edited by StifleTower2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

They test in season too.

 

 


He tweeted after: "To correct a previous tweet: I'm told by league sources, that the John Collins drug test that resulted in a positive result for a banned substance was NOT taken yesterday. The turnaround time for such a positive test is longer than a day."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aloon33 said:

LOOL its a fantasy league geez it isnt that serious dude

I honestly don't care as I don't have either Ayton or Collins, I'm just reasoning why Yahoo might give someone IL status when they miss games due to the birth of a child or the death of a loved one, both of which they've done this season (Butler, DSJ) and neither of which are injuries or illnesses, but not when players miss games due to suspensions for substance violations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Think about your place of work. (If you work full time) At most places, you're entitled to take paid time off for minor things like the flu, not just serious things. It doesn't even have to be a physical illness, you can take PTO for mental health. And if you're a parent, you're entitled to PTO when your child is sick. You're also entitled to PTO for bereavement.

 

You're NOT entitled to PTO when you get suspended for violating workplace rules, like if you flip your lid with a client or bailed on your shift.

 

Basically, it's the same type of situation.

 

How is this the same when it has nothing to do with penalizing the person who made the poor decision, but instead someone who put their faith in them?  It would be more like if the employer had a project they were contracted for that they could only hire 13 people to work on at once.  If one of those 13 got injured, sick or had a legitimate reason to miss time the employer is allowed to replace them with another worker temporarily.  But if an employee violates a rule on the job where they need to be temporarily reprimanded and suspended but are allowed to return to work in a few months the employer is NOT allowed to replace them during that time and is stuck with 12 workers to do the job they were contracted for.

Why penalize us when we had nothing to do with the poor decision being made?  And anybody who says we made a poor decision for drafting said player is just being an a**.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

 

How is this the same when it has nothing to do with penalizing the person who made the poor decision, but instead someone who put their faith in them?  It would be more like if the employer had a project they were contracted for that they could only hire 13 people to work on at once.  If one of those 13 got injured, sick or had a legitimate reason to miss time the employer is allowed to replace them with another worker temporarily.  But if an employee violates a rule on the job where they need to be temporarily reprimanded and suspended but are allowed to return to work in a few months the employer is NOT allowed to replace them during that time and is stuck with 12 workers to do the job they were contracted for.

Why penalize us when we had nothing to do with the poor decision being made?  And anybody who says we made a poor decision for drafting said player is just being an a**.

You should have broken into every player’s home and forced them to do a UA with or without consent.  I mean that’s just due diligence for a $100 fantasy league.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I honestly don't care as I don't have either Ayton or Collins, I'm just reasoning why Yahoo might give someone IL status when they miss games due to the birth of a child or the death of a loved one, both of which they've done this season (Butler, DSJ) and neither of which are injuries or illnesses, but not when players miss games due to suspensions for substance violations.


This is why there is so much conflict with Yahoo. They keep saying that Ayton and Collins are not injured so they won't get the INJ tag. Yet players such as Butler and DSJ get INJ tag for personal reasons in which they ARE NOT INJURED. Why can't they just get the out tag like us Ayton and Collin owners?

Edited by Lob City99
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...