ThisIsSparta

Yahoo! and ESPN Vent and Rant Thread

Putting up this thread for people to vent out their issues with the Yahoo! and ESPN fantasy app/systems. Also, for people to report any glitches.

That said, seems like Yahoo! isn't processing any waiver and trade requests. It's past 12:07 PST already. I wonder what's up. Anyone experiencing the same or have a clue what's happening?

Waivers aren't processing. I'm just here to react. What's going on? Crazy night at Yahoo HQ or what? It's only Thursday you freaks

Having the same issue.  I don't do waivers often so thought there was just a built in delay or something.  

10 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Waivers aren't processing. I'm just here to react. What's going on? Crazy night at Yahoo HQ or what? It's only Thursday you freaks

They're working on it. If you check the avg stats for last 7 days, for example, you'll see that it shows totals instead of avgs as well. So there's def some issues they're trying to solve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was a fan at first, but let's be honest: this daily waiver system for Yahoo Public/Pro leagues is pretty terrible. It would be better if transactions reflected in the lineup the day that they occurred. Strategic streaming, especially on weekends at the end of a matchup, has become significantly less effective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Del Rio said:

I was a fan at first, but let's be honest: this daily waiver system for Yahoo Public/Pro leagues is pretty terrible. It would be better if transactions reflected in the lineup the day that they occurred. Strategic streaming, especially on weekends at the end of a matchup, has become significantly less effective.

Yahoo has always been next day from when you add the player.  That said, the yahoo continuous waiver system has been a disaster.  Ostensibly implemented to give everyone a fair shot at free agents, west coast managers still have the same advantage.  They can still stay up for west coast games and then put in their waiver claims before they process (roughly 3 AM ET).  This gives them the same advantage as before over the other time zones.

• Like 1

I noticed the player rankings on yahoo have updated, but waivers have still not processed. Super late from yahoo.

22 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Yahoo has always been next day from when you add the player.  That said, the yahoo continuous waiver system has been a disaster.  Ostensibly implemented to give everyone a fair shot at free agents, west coast managers still have the same advantage.  They can still stay up for west coast games and then put in their waiver claims before they process (roughly 3 AM ET).  This gives them the same advantage as before over the other time zones.

Some managers in the West Coast think that NBA news in the morning is way better of an advantage btw...there's barely any.....

Not yet on mine. I'm waiting 'cus I don't want to use my waiver yet, trying to see if I can get a hot FA coming off waiver (though I doubt nobody is picking him up). Lol

Edit: I didn't  get him. 

Edited by MysticPeak

27 minutes ago, mtx said:

Works now

Maybe just a server delay

Why rant though, do you pay Yahoo to play??

Yes.  In $100 pro leagues yahoo takes $100 cut.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

I live in Central time and have never been too bothered by the west coast time advantage; it is what it is, and you can sometimes play around it by making preemptive pickups. However, this continuous waiver system seems to have neutralized the skill and strategy factor quite a bit and that's where I have a problem. It does bring into play strategic distribution of FAAB budget, though, so we'll see what affect that has with people blowing 30% of their budgets on Jabari/Wiggins types.

• Like 2

Anyone know how to alert ESPN to player position updates ? I know yahoo has an email..... 

(Bam has started every game at PF yet is still only a C )

1 hour ago, Quazza said:

Anyone know how to alert ESPN to player position updates ? I know yahoo has an email..... 

did that couple of years ago, got informed by them that a player has to start atleast 10 games at a certain position to get that position aswell but seeing some of their changes early in the season, that doesnt make any sense anymore (been doing that for many years)...they are just lazy morherf***ers who dont invest much time into this so dont even try bothering, we had multiple situations during past couple of seasons where we would get ******** pissed at them...could not find anything where u can contact them now, they probably got rid of it...for starters, brandon clarke is still only a pf on espn...f--- them

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Del Rio said:

I had to move from the East Coast (back) to Hawaii for work, and was excited because last time I lived here, I only did the regular family league fantasy basketball.  Then they dropped this s--- on me and it's...okay, whatever.  But now I need to anticipate two days ahead of time what cats I'm gonna need for streaming on Sunday?  What the f--- is that?

It's less fun and less strategic, but you're right, maybe the auction money part of it will be cool down the road.

• Like 1

ESPN is the absolute worst format for FBB. I'm so done with them, they're so slow to update position eligibility and injury statuses. OPJ is still only DTD after missing a game and already being announced out for the next game. I found a phone number that they actually responded to and told me to be patient. Maybe if enough of us text the thread they'll get a clue. 

888-549-3776, maybe I can post that somewhere else too. 

On 11/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, Quazza said:

I found a help line you can text. 888-549-3776

Text often bc they don't respond unless you do. They only responded to me after about 3 texts. 

1 hour ago, spd2base said:

I found a help line you can text. 888-549-3776

Text often bc they don't respond unless you do. They only responded to me after about 3 texts. 

Probably a little tricky for me to do from Australia. Feel free to text on my behalf though 😁

@Del Rio

I have another complaint.  This isn't the first time it's happened, but a great example just occured: Otto got the INJ tag just today...so we can move him to the IL for tomorrow, but we can't ADD anyone for tomorrow.  We can add for Saturday...but that's Otto's next game, and he's still day to day.  What the f--- is the use of the INJ tag in this instance, then?  Unless they announce tomorrow that he's out for Saturday, any waiver I put in tomorrow runs the risk of being completely wasted. 

- Otto is announced out tomorrow for Saturday, so I put in whoever I won the bid on tonight/tomorrow in the starting lineup for Saturday <---- good

- No announcement, Otto plays but I have the waiver add in on Saturday instead, and Otto plays better but he's stuck on my IL<---- bad

- No announcement, I hope Otto plays and don't make an add, but he doesn't play <----bad

- No announcement, I hoped Otto played and he does <----good, but what was the use of the INJ tag, I ignored it like it wasn't there in the first

I hope next year they get rid of s---, it's obnoxious.

2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

@Del Rio

I have another complaint.  This isn't the first time it's happened, but a great example just occured: Otto got the INJ tag just today...so we can move him to the IL for tomorrow, but we can't ADD anyone for tomorrow.  We can add for Saturday...but that's Otto's next game, and he's still day to day.  What the f--- is the use of the INJ tag in this instance, then?  Unless they announce tomorrow that he's out for Saturday, any waiver I put in tomorrow runs the risk of being completely wasted. 

- Otto is announced out tomorrow for Saturday, so I put in whoever I won the bid on tonight/tomorrow in the starting lineup for Saturday <---- good

- No announcement, Otto plays but I have the waiver add in on Saturday instead, and Otto plays better but he's stuck on my IL<---- bad

- No announcement, I hope Otto plays and don't make an add, but he doesn't play <----bad

- No announcement, I hoped Otto played and he does <----good, but what was the use of the INJ tag, I ignored it like it wasn't there in the first

I hope next year they get rid of s---, it's obnoxious.

Yeah, I've encountered that too many times already as well. Wonder if there's a place on Yahoo where we can voice these issues. I feel like if you tweeted at Yahoo Fantasy Care, they would just brush it off with one of their typical canned statements: "Thanks for your feedback. We will take this into consideration in the future." (yeah, ok, whatever)

yahoo still not update the stats again

Edited by kane

3 minutes ago, kane said:

yahoo still not update the stats again

Yes annoying me greatly, I just wanna sit back and stattrack yahoo is ruining my already lame evening lol