Sign in to follow this  
Portis4Potus

I traded Ja Morant for Chris Paul

I needed more steals and 3s so I guess it’s okay. I didn’t think he’d accept tho cus I’ve been offering this guy trades all year. Anyways do you guys think that’s a pretty fair trade or am I losing?

You lost if you ask me. Ja has a Westbrook-like ceiling and CP3 has too many negative factors: injury, trade, shut down. 

Morant is also capped at 25-28 mins all season so I don't know.  What are Cp3's usage and minutes like?  I would have kept Morant tbh

Ja for me too. Too many questions around CP3. And Ja is so much more exciting to follow. But this should not be vetoed.

2 hours ago, Portis4Potus said:

Yeah I think It’s gonna get veto’d anyways it’s already got 3 votes 

It's weird.. not a vetoable trade at all

You lost that trade. Minutes cap is much better than missing games. But I don't think it's lopsided enough to be vetoed.

51 minutes ago, guyhaha said:

It's weird.. not a vetoable trade at all

My league has just been salty about trades I think they’re troll vetoing 

Based on it so far what's there to veto, cp3 has played every game so far. The future risk isn't fair to vote on.

Edited by cdrichar

Ja side for me. CP3 will play 60 games max. There were better targets for 3s and steals. You could have had RoCo or Anunoby.

Would much rather have Morant.  Kid's in a great position to succeed, and most reports compare him to Westy (as some of us do) with his ability to stuff the statsheet.  The Griz suck and he shouldn't have much competition as a young key development piece.  CP3's in the opposite position - older star on a team that will likely try to rebuild; also doesn't help that they have two capable ball handlers in SGA and Schroder, nor the fact that he's been rested/injured last season.  He'll play well for now, then get shut down.  Either that or the Thunder somehow manage to trade his albatross contract and Adams ... all bets are off on where he goes.

That wouldn't (shouldn't) have been vetoed.  Veto sparingly, and only - ONLY - for collusion.