Sign in to follow this  
babayaga

Harden, Troy Brown, Powell for Fox, Bam, and Trae

Absolute crazy trade someone offered me. Would have to trade away my 1st rounder but troy and powell were wire picks. I was originally a punt fg and turnover team but have been lacking in assists and rebounds and been killing it in everything else. What do y'all think of this? Is trading harden just too much?

Troy and Powell are actually pretty decent players.

However ... while I never rarely like to suggest giving up the best player in the trade, I think you take that trade. Bam's one of the best all-around players in the league (FT% should get a little better), while Fox should be a fine 2nd tier PG and Trae is a borderline 1st rounder in 12-cat.  Harden can get some disgustingly good lines that you'll probably not want to look, but you're getting some excellent depth.  Unless you're in a super shallow league, pull the trigger.

With that trade though, you might still have to punt TOs, lol.

I like this deal for you. The gap between Fox/Bam and Powell/Brown is pretty big and makes up for the dropoff from Harden to Trae, IMO. 

6 hours ago, MWon said:

Troy and Powell are actually pretty decent players.

However ... while I never rarely like to suggest giving up the best player in the trade, I think you take that trade. Bam's one of the best all-around players in the league (FT% should get a little better), while Fox should be a fine 2nd tier PG and Trae is a borderline 1st rounder in 12-cat.  Harden can get some disgustingly good lines that you'll probably not want to look, but you're getting some excellent depth.  Unless you're in a super shallow league, pull the trigger.

With that trade though, you might still have to punt TOs, lol.

I know it doesn’t change much my punt strategy but I get some more rebounds and assist for sure that I’ve been lacking on. Thanks for the input! 

35 minutes ago, rotojoe said:

I like this deal for you. The gap between Fox/Bam and Powell/Brown is pretty big and makes up for the dropoff from Harden to Trae, IMO. 

Thanks for the opinion man! I put some input on yours too. I do agree that bam and fox greatly outperform TBJ and Powell especially since I just picked them up from waivers a week ago but it’s hard to part from harden:(

18 minutes ago, vyun said:

You gotta take this deal...but what kind of players are sitting on the waiver? Adding two solid pieces in fox and bam for two random pickups probably means you won't be able to stream, and this early in the season, streaming can still net you very solid and maybe even league winning players off the wire

No one too amazing, I have Collins and Draymond both in my IL (play in a friendly league where they let me drop Collins and consider him IL) and I currently have Glenn Robinson in a streaming spot. Also have Wright and SCHRÖDER who I think could become streaming spots at any moment.  But league is pretty active so waiver wire is little dry. Best players are prob gasol and Jaylen brown but after that no one really close