Sign in to follow this  
freddo

Thaddeus Young 2019-2020 Outlook

30 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

The crowing in here is unreal.  "fantasy vets" crowing after 1 game where he went 7-16 1-2 only 6 boards and was credited with 2 fluke steals that Dunn actually created?  Where if he doesn't get those his line is mediocre for most h2h builds at best?  Where he shot 14% over his career and season three point percentage?  

You guys like at points too much or something?  This is not a great line.  This is a like a 90-120 type line and it's the absolute best you'll get out of him.

Yikes.

Not sure why you're being so hostile. You're talking like he's Tony Snell or something. He can still produce some decent stats if given minutes.

Posted (edited)

Any long-term potential here? Thinking of dropping Norm for this guy. He’s always been gold in punt assist but I’m not sure if he’ll still be relevant once fantasy playoffs come, especially when WCJ is back. 

Edited by Espoiral

Man ... I hope I made the right decision in not dropping CLARKE for this fella... I wasn't sure how long WCJ be out for.... good for young though... dude wanted minutes and he got it... and he definitely didn't let it go to waste. 

28 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Any long-term potential here?

Depends on the WCJ news tomorrow. But he might get traded to a contender who'll give him the deserved consistent PT anyways.

I consider him more of a lukewarm pickup. Remember, it's the Bulls he's playing for, and once WCJ is back that'll dampen his minutes. Not to mention the youth movement will kick more into gear as playoff aspirations become more fleeting. Lastly, Bulls have a lame playoff schedule if you're considering him long term. But I agree with the above, if he gets traded to a contender I'd say that makes him instant pickup worthy (depending on where he lands of course).

• Like 1

Markkanen is not a center and yesterday proved just that. He was so bad against a banged up Pelicans. The Bulls were 3rd in defensive rating before Wendall got hurt and they dropped to 9th in just 6 quarters since he got hurt

Now I'm not sure Gafford is the answer either but Markkanen definitely is not

So either the Bulls are gonna keep forcing Lauri out of position to raise some kind of trade value for Thad or I have to imagine Gafford is gonna get the starting job soon

Thad should continue to see minutes in the high 20's regardless but just something to keep an eye out on 

Personally I think Thad value is at its highest right now in terms of playing time and opportunity

I don't see a contender giving him high minutes but that's just me speculating 

• Like 2

How long is WCJ out for? He is still available in my league and Bulls have a back to back I want to add

3 hours ago, kilslo said:

Markkanen is not a center and yesterday proved just that. He was so bad against a banged up Pelicans. The Bulls were 3rd in defensive rating before Wendall got hurt and they dropped to 9th in just 6 quarters since he got hurt

So either the Bulls are gonna keep forcing Lauri out of position to raise some kind of trade value for Thad or I have to imagine Gafford is gonna get the starting job soon

Thad should continue to see minutes in the high 20's regardless but just something to keep an eye out on 

Fantasy wise the Bulls have been giving up the most numbers to PF/C the whole season. 

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Fantasy wise the Bulls have been giving up the most numbers to PF/C the whole season. 

What's that got to do w the Bulls defensive rating?

Real life wise Markkanen is not a 5 which may or may not affect Thad

4 minutes ago, kilslo said:

What's that got to do w the Bulls defensive rating?

Real life wise Markkanen is not a 5 which may or may not affect Thad

Even with WCJ, they were giving up big numbers to bigs is my point.

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Even with WCJ, they were giving up big numbers to bigs is my point.

We’re talking two different points then 

1 hour ago, kilslo said:

We’re talking two different points then 

Well you did mention how their defensive rating went down with Lauri at the 5 as reason why Thad wont sustain his starting spot with WCJ out in the post he quoted

which given his stat about them being trash defensively vs bigs this season even with WCJ kind of debunks that argument for defensive rating as a reason why they cant play Lauri at the 5 giving Thad more mins at the 4

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kilslo said:

This is bullshit. The Pelicans frontcourt is actually finally healthy. 

18 minutes ago, Muggsy said:

Add over PJ or MilesB?!?

Yes Charlotte has a terrible schedule for the next couple weeks. Bulls play 4-4-4 next three weeks

• Like 1

With WCJ out he’s an instant pickup. Chicago has no idea that they should play Gafford instead lol

Edited by ejaggit

This is one of those things where he comes off the bench but plays more mins. right?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

This is one of those things where he comes off the bench but plays more mins. right?

Yup. Still doesn't change a thing. Still, I'm praying he gets dealt away from this sh*t team tho.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Gafford rules!

Lol ...hes gonna get 2 quick fouls within 4 mins dont worry

2 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

Lol ...hes gonna get 2 quick fouls within 4 mins dont worry

ahahhahahhahahahha you'd love that...Bulls v Pistons is gonna be intense tonite!

Thad v Gafford has become like Republicans v Democrats on here...here's to Team Good Guy winning!