Sign in to follow this  
doomz

Alec Burks 2019-2020 Outlook

Hey, i know what you're thinking. Alec Burks. Nevertheless, i think it's time to talk about this guy. 

Curry is likely out for the rest of the season, so DLo now runs the show. AB is the only veteran guard on the roster and the primary weapon off the bench, plus he has a clear path to minutes in a depleted Warriors team desperately looking for scoring. And we know he can shoot the ball. 

Is this really the opportunity he's been waiting for?

Edited by doomz

I've never been a fan as I assume most aren't. Not a great fantasy player. You could do a lot worse at the moment though. One of those pick him up and ride him until the hot streak ends type of guys.

• Thanks 1

Opportunity in fantasy is everything. Nobody thought Baynes would be relevant and here he is. Burks could be another one and should be scooped up cause of it

Burks is looking like a legit scorer right now, i took a flier on him after his 28 pt game against the rockets and he has been a pretty solid bench piece for my team

He is a legit NBA player. These guys literally have no others to throw into the lineup. Having DAR in helps Burks' efficiency, actually, and keeps him from jacking too many shots. I'll take the line from last game, happily.

Any talk why he was cut off the rotation last night? He was playing +30 and dropped down even when he played well when in the game. Was it load management type of a thing or what?

5 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Any talk why he was cut off the rotation last night? He was playing +30 and dropped down even when he played well when in the game. Was it load management type of a thing or what?

Just not a priority in their future plans, focusing more on development with Jordan Poole instead

LITS GIT IT! 

My name Is BÖÖKS, ALEC BÖÖKS!

18VLwxieDOccsFC5rCDKvPw.png

His minutes got cut down once Dray came back, but after Lee's injury Burks might still be valuable for another few weeks. What's everyone's thoughts on his ROS outlook? Is this guy the Warriors 6th man? Or was last week a fluke because Draymond was injured and Paschall sat out one game? I wanna convince myself that the Warriors want to give this guy minutes because he one of their only scorers. But like DazedandConfused said it looks like they wanna prioritize player development because it's already a lost season for the Dubs. I read that the Warriors said Burks is expendable down the road, maybe he's just a stream after all. Man, I really wanted to use my #3 waiver wire on him in my 12 team league but it might be a waste. Curious to see how many minutes he gets tonight though, I'll probably just impulse add him anyways. 😂

The Warriors announced on Saturday that D'Angelo Russell (right thumb sprain) will miss at least the next two weeks. Damion Lee also hurt. Minutes will be safe for Burks.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, NoahsArc said:

His minutes got cut down once Dray came back, but after Lee's injury Burks might still be valuable for another few weeks. What's everyone's thoughts on his ROS outlook? Is this guy the Warriors 6th man? Or was last week a fluke because Draymond was injured and Paschall sat out one game? I wanna convince myself that the Warriors want to give this guy minutes because he one of their only scorers. But like DazedandConfused said it looks like they wanna prioritize player development because it's already a lost season for the Dubs. I read that the Warriors said Burks is expendable down the road, maybe he's just a stream after all. Man, I really wanted to use my #3 waiver wire on him in my 12 team league but it might be a waste. Curious to see how many minutes he gets tonight though, I'll probably just impulse add him anyways. 😂

dude, youre going to blow your #3 waiver on Burks lol....that is a highly questionable move i do not condone

1 hour ago, lacit1707 said:

dude, youre going to blow your #3 waiver on Burks lol....that is a highly questionable move i do not condone

I didn’t end up using it on him. Thank goodness. I took the wait and see approach. It’s hard to trust any Warrior rn outside of Paschall or D’Angelo.

1 minute ago, shiftysaj said:

Anything to see here?

grizzlies defense suck

been looking pretty good and getting consistent minutes lately ..

i think he’s done enough to carve out a 6th man role and give u 15-5-3 off the bench ROS

picked him up as a streamer, but will prolly ride til the wheels fall off

Yeah, still owning stocks on him too. He was my third PG which was a problem. I got Brogdon in a trade so now I can "free ride" Burks until he has nothing left to give.

My problem is the inconsistency. I've missed both of his good games lately and got the bad ones in the line-up. Frustrating to guess when he is on and when not. Well at least he is playing the fourth fiddle or further now as Brogdon overtakes the third slot in my guard rotation.