Sign in to follow this  
doomz

Alec Burks 2019-2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Any shot he has a good role on Philly? I imagine he’s still rosterable in a 12 teamer If he’s getting 25-30 minutes as a 6th man

Probably not... I doubt we don't see 30 mins from simmons Richardson Harris Horford Embiid if healthy, which would make him one of those 6th men who don't close games. I would guess we see about 18 mins a game from him, maybe more depending on injuries but I wouldn't rely on injuries. There's no starter to take those minutes from in the 4th and philly doesnt stagger as far as I know (I don't watch their games).  

Really wish he wasn't a drop but he probably will be. Grabbed Lee for him instead. Without the mins to get a lot of points, Burks isn't that great. 

Simmons could miss major minutes down the stretch. Does Burks become a meaningful pickup? They don't have many creators and that's pretty much his only calling card. I own JRich who has battled with his own injuries this far, so a handcuff doesn't seem like the worst idea..

Burks had a very nice game with Philly when Simmons was last out with his back. Seems like with an expected couple weeks off for Simmons that Burks would become a very good pickup.