JP_Grizzly

Chris Boucher 2019-2020 Outlook

Gnash.....Ibaka back so Boucher (with three fouls) with just 13 minutes. Bummer for my 10-teamer, as those minutes are just insufficient to deliver quality output...two blocks though help a little.

Heap of chat about him in previous days, but sadly today even in an overtime game and with just three fouls he's watching the action from the sidelines. Just 14 minutes today, and with the O.G and Ibaka fit and firing, maybe the so-called injury bug that hit Toronto has vanished. Might have to be a stash only now.

19 minutes ago, Brimful of Upside said:

Ibaka 42 minutes, and RHJ getting a fair bit of time too today. Suddenly Toronto seem a lot healthier than the talk earlier suggested. 

They shouldn't have won that game. Nurse basically went with what was working. 

As of now Boucher is just not getting consistent minutes. The situation may get more frustrating for owners before they get better. 

• Like 1

Yay..now Toronto see what this bloke can give you? ...24 pts @ .700 and .875, 3 treys, six boards, two blocks, zero turns. Very pleased to see what he does when the coach decides to play him minutes. Blowout admittedly but sure as hell wasn't Boucher's fault they lost.

My dude with some Christmas stocks, and fantastic percentages. 

Hey, @DoctorA, what you think now? Too many experts have been dismissing him, and he just goes out and does this on Christmas Day. Not afraid of the big lights.

Also, he played significant minutes alongside Ibaka, so that should change some analysis. He is easily a hold until Siakam gets back, and we will see after that.

I thought Boucher would never amount to anything because he’s 27? Could have sworn someone here told me that.

Edited by 4th and 9ers

13 minutes ago, 4th and 9ers said:

I thought Boucher would never amount to anything because he’s 27? Could have sworn someone here told me that.

Interesting. I know this is not your point, but it means Siakam is a year younger than Boucher! Maybe Boucher is a late bloomer.

25 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

My dude with some Christmas stocks, and fantastic percentages. 

Hey, @DoctorA, what you think now? Too many experts have been dismissing him, and he just goes out and does this on Christmas Day. Not afraid of the big lights.

Also, he played significant minutes alongside Ibaka, so that should change some analysis. He is easily a hold until Siakam gets back, and we will see after that.

I believe he got extra run in the first half because Lowry left the game at some point. He played well so Nurse stayed with him in the second half + blowout.

Like someone else mentioned consistency in minutes will be main the issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

I believe he got extra run in the first half because Lowry left the game at some point. He played well so Nurse stayed with him in the second half + blowout.

Like someone else mentioned consistency in minutes will be main the issue. 

How many games will we make excuses for why he gets minutes? These are all coaches decisions. If Nurse keeps finding ways to play Boucher, that's good enough for me.  

Was just dropped in one of my leagues ...

what’s the story? Worth a waiver pickup? I was really bummed that I missed out this last time - what’s his long term outlook? 

9 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

Was just dropped in one of my leagues ...

what’s the story? Worth a waiver pickup? I was really bummed that I missed out this last time - what’s his long term outlook? 

Depends if you need big man stats in the short term, and even then just be prepared for inconsistent minutes. I do feel that Nurse plays him more when he matches up well - against IND when he only played 14 minutes he was frequently getting outmuscled by Turner and Sabonis. I don't see much ROS potential if Gasol/Siakam comes back healthy and no trades are made - the frontcourt is simply too crowded. They could carve out a 15 minute role for him, but I wouldn't think he'll be rosterable except in deep leagues if that's the case.

• Thanks 1

I reckon he's one of those blokes who can double his production with 50% more time, there's a big correlation i think between what some players may produce with 24 rather than 16 minutes. Today sadly not too much in his 19 minutes, and it's a bit like me when i had Brandon Clarke, you know he delivers with time, but had to drop him in our 10-teamer because he wasn't getting a go. 

It's a bit surprising with two bigs (Gasol and Siakam) out he's still slated for a fairly minor amount of time, Toronto must just be one of those sides thats as deep as the Marianas Trench with players if losing those two stalwarts liberates so few minutes for Boucher. 

Obviously it must mean little that fellow centres Gasol and PF/C Siakam remain out, as the Bouch again gets just 15-ish minutes which isn't time enough to do too much, although at least he snagged a block and two steals. Ibaka notwithstanding, who else stands in his way? IN my 10-teamer the only thing keeping him on my roster is the promise he has shown when given 23 minutes or more, and the paucity of big men on the wires.

1 hour ago, Brimful of Upside said:

Obviously it must mean little that fellow centres Gasol and PF/C Siakam remain out, as the Bouch again gets just 15-ish minutes which isn't time enough to do too much, although at least he snagged a block and two steals. Ibaka notwithstanding, who else stands in his way? IN my 10-teamer the only thing keeping him on my roster is the promise he has shown when given 23 minutes or more, and the paucity of big men on the wires.

I dont think Boucher is on the radar in 10 team. You can't trust his minutes. If he does carve out minutes in the 20s, which is a huge if, they are short-term so there shouldn't be any FOMO. Gasol and Siakam will return, and when they do Boucher is probably going to pick up DNP-CDs since Ibaka is now healthy. 

I get the appeal of Boucher and I own shares in dynasty and redraft. But every game that goes by is one less game for him establishing a larger role and one less game Siakam and Gasol miss. Just unfortunate that we don't get to see him get 24-30 mpg consistently to see what he can do. 

• Like 2

Damn I love this dude's defensive stats and he's a per minute beast, but debating on if it's worth continuing to ride him or drop him for someone else like Sekou. Just afraid that he'll suddenly get run in the 20's. Anyone who follow the Raptors more closely have a perspective? Is he a Nerlens Noel type that brings mostly the defensive stats?